A. Green = Bad Deal

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by prostock101, Mar 5, 2007.

1. prostock101

prostock101 Mr. Big

Am I the only one that thinks this was a deal not worth making? A FA running back with 9 years on the clock for 23 mil? Let's just change the name to the Green Bay Broncos and be done with it. I guess since neither Denver or Green Bay had an OT they didn't want we just took what they had just to look like we were doing something.

I could be wrong.....but I'm not.

Still a genius............yep.

2. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Someone's full of himself...

And FYI, not all the $23 million is guaranteed. Only about $7 million is.

3. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

He is only guaranteed 6.5 million. So if he can just last a couple seasons, the cap hit will not be that significant. It's nice not looking at our backfield and seeing Gado, Lundy, and Taylor as our only options.

Texans Horror likes this.
  4. macaronitoni

macaronitoni Rookie

Submit your resume to Bob McNair or get over yourself. I'm sick of all these people in here that think they know better!

LORK 88 likes this.
  5. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Well put! Green is a proven RB who Sherman knows how to utilize, whats wrong with that? Hell, 2 strike Henry got $12 million guaranteed, almost that of Green. A more proven RB who is a better person by far and has been a better player for cheaper doesn't to be a bad idea to me.

6. DRAMA

DRAMA All Pro

The art of satire is overlooked as a method of artistic expression. Never forget that until you do forget it and then and only then will you forget that then. Remember that.

7. GoTexans

GoTexans Rookie

Ahman Green played 14 games last year and rushed for over a tousand yards with an offensive line not better than the Texans. Its a nice upgrade. And now we can cut Domanick Williams and maybe add a few more solid FA's.

Green, Dayne, Taylor and Lundy I like the options.

Two proven vets and two guys entering there second seasons.

And no more draft Adrian Peterson threads to boot.

8. prostock101

prostock101 Mr. Big

Ok, signing Green was the greatest thing since sliced bread and tennis shoes. Sooooooooooo, where's the OL help we've needed since........we'll its been too long to remember, but it's been a long time. Has everyone forgotten how bad our OL is? Oh, and by the way, we still don't have a DL that can pressure a QB. I guess a RB at the end of his career will fix all that.....

And still a......well, you know.

Texans Horror likes this.

9. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

You tell us, where's the OL help? Which free agent offensive lineman would you have signed considering the money that is being thrown around?

10. prostock101

prostock101 Mr. Big

I heard there were several available in NFL Europe and the Arena Football League...........Cheap!

11. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Not everything can be fixed within 4 days of free agency, so be patient. We still have the draft and time to look at some more solid FA prospects. The Green signing is a good start and step in the right direction which is why most are excited, not because we think we got LT.

12. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

wow ...just wow

13. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

You are officially not a genius.........yep.

14. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

A.Green is not that bad of a move i mean we did pass up reggie bush just so we can spend millions on a RB on the wrong side of 30 :stirpot:

15. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

You aren't the only one that thinks this is not a good deal. I really was ok with Dayne, Lundy, and Taylor. I'd like to see more of Taylor.

That being said I'd rather have drafted a young back. This feels like us signing Moulds all over again only to let him go after one season.

16. JAXwithanX

JAXwithanX Veteran

I can't help but notice you weren't trying to convince yourself you were smart at the end of this post. Seems fitting considering how stupid it is.

So I guess by your rationale...one of the mirade of pass rushing DL's would have fixed our O-Line and also ran the ball as well. Or that one of the amazing prospects on the O-Line would have fixed our non-existent pass rush? But I am happy to see that you do actually have enough logic to realize no RB (regardless of age) can also help our O-Line and D-Line. Yeah thats right kid, it takes one player at a time.

I feel like i need to make a thread just so everyone knows we have a genuis on the board that lacks any sort of coherent thinking or logic and can be owned pretty easily. Wait a second....your a confidence booster throw down created by the mods aren't you?! lol. I get it....you crazy mods....always trying to promote the welfare and confidence of the boards.

17. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

You will see more of Taylor, but since basically every team in the NFL passed on him last year, do you think that it is better to have a little insurance if the undrafted rookie doesn't turn into the pot of gold everyone thinks he will be?

Taylor will get some carries and needs to earn his spot. In the meantime, I'd rather have real NFL players on my team competing and pushing the young talent to get better.

I like the Green acquisition, I think it is a good two year deal.

18. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

Congratulations, think with a condom on your head next time. We are all dumber from having read this.

19. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

Well while Taylor is earning his spot as I recall Dayne was doing a pretty good job. I had no problem keeping him as our starter while Lundy and Taylor worked out their youngster issues.

20. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

The "Hey Kool-aid" guy is probably available as well.

Dayne isn't the threat that Ahman Green is.... unless we are talking about the safety of donuts.