Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

A good FA Idea? | Jeb Putzier waived

HoustonTexans

Practice Squad
Well, it's official, the moment I have personally been waiting for...

The Broncos has waived Jeb Putzier (TE)

This has been mentioned way back as a possible good pick-up but he has been released so i believe that the Texans... or Kubiak should persue him and get him here. Obviously Kubiak would want him because he knows him and can probably implement him very well here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6126/

How expensive do you think he would be? And is this a good possibility?

HoustonTexans said:
Well, it's official, the moment I have personally been waiting for...

The Broncos has waived Jeb Putzier (TE)

This has been mentioned way back as a possible good pick-up but he has been released so i believe that the Texans... or Kubiak should persue him and get him here. Obviously Kubiak would want him because he knows him and can probably implement him very well here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6126/

How expensive do you think he would be? And is this a good possibility?

I think it would be a good thing to do. Saves a first day pick and gets a young guy that knows the system. He isn't an all world TE, but I think he would be solid. Given all the up heavel with the CBA, he might not be to costly. Not sure what the dollars would be...1-2 Mil/3 year?????

Jeb Putzier 2005 stats

37 rec. 481 yds. 28 first downs.

not too bad. we could've used 28 first downs this year.

I read somewhere that one of the reasons he was let go was because Shannahan just didn't like him too much. I agree that he already knows the system Kubiak will be using, but does Kubiak like him????

well... i have no clue if they like him, but they sure did set him up to take a hell of a lot of beatings and hits haha. But key word... he took them and got back up. That's what we need.

He has great hands and is a clutch 3rd down guy. He's not a Bruener in terms of blocking but he would be the best pass catching TE on the roster if he's signed. I could see it happening - just as long as they keep the dollars in order.

aj. said:
He has great hands and is a clutch 3rd down guy. He's not a Bruener in terms of blocking but he would be the best pass catching TE on the roster if he's signed. I could see it happening - just as long as they keep the dollars in order.

Good at catching... great, but can he do a reasonable semblance of a blocking TE? If he can, sign the lad up. Be the only complete TE we would have. Assuming Bennie never makes it out of the hosp. ward, all though, it would be great to have TWO complete TEs.

edo783 said:
Good at catching... great, but can he do a reasonable semblance of a blocking TE?

Reading Broncomania leads me to believe blocking is not his strong suit. But I'd hate to put any stock in what I read on message boards. :rolleyes: Surely, you've seen him play more than us. What do you think?

aj. said:
Surely, you've seen him play more than us. What do you think?

One would expect that based on where I live I would see them all the time, but I watch the Texans (Direct TV) as they are usually the first game on Sunday and then GreenBay as they usually play the late game. I have seen a couple of Denver games, one with you, but to be honest, I haven't payed much attention to him as he blocks. Does make some good catches though and can take a hit, hold on to the ball and keep on ticking.

bATXle red said:
Jeb Putzier 2005 stats

37 rec. 481 yds. 28 first downs.

not too bad. we could've used 28 first downs this year.
I don't know what happened but they were talking an even better year for him last before last season started. The whole taking over for Shannon Sharpe thing...Still not bad.

I think Putzier will be a solid addittion. The other thing I am kind of intrigued is that ESPN reported that the Bills are looking to release Eric Moulds...could he come in as a #2 guy?

bigTEXan8 said:
I think Putzier will be a solid addittion. The other thing I am kind of intrigued is that ESPN reported that the Bills are looking to release Eric Moulds...could he come in as a #2 guy?
I would love to see Eric Moulds in a Texan uniform :drool:

If there is a FA we should go after it is Eric Moulds. Especially since this draft is so low in WR talent.

from www.kffl.com

Texans | Team may have an interest in Putzier
Tue, 7 Mar 2006 06:19:54 -0800

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports free agent TE Jeb Putzier (Broncos) may draw some interest from the Houston Texans.

Putzier is a good TE nothing special, but very solid. Pretty much a more athletic Bruener to me. He gets nailed like no other TE and does not drop the rock so that is a big plus, but he is not overly existent in the redzone, but that could just be playcalling. He would fit, but Teyo Johnson is someone I am really pulling for right now, I think he is that 6'6" WR/TE combo that plays ST and can block as well as Rivers. He was a mid second round pick only a couple of years ago and if it was not for his attitude he would be the man in Oakland, he was the reason they shipped Jolley to the Jets. The kid has talent and a guy like Kubiak would do wonders with him.

Back