A different take on holdouts

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by OzzO, Jul 10, 2005.

1. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Found via a KFFL thread ("barrister" found it on Pro Football talk), but wow.. what a good article.

2. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

What a concept....honoring a contract. Who would have thunk you should do such a thing? Especially if some of it is pre-paid to you.

3. Big B Texan Fan

Big B Texan Fan Hall of Fame

Yea, all these hold-outs are upsetting me alot more than before. @ this rate Drew Rosenhaus will have the whole league holding out. Lucky for us we don't have any (yet).

4. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

I find any relation to sports and war just ignorant. Its NOT the same. Please dont compare chasing any ball with getting bullets shot at your head 24-7....

All that being said......HONOR???? Are ya'll serious. As soon as a player UNDERperforms his contract can be re-worked or if they want he can be cut in the JUNE 1 casualties. I don't expect players to honor a dam thing when the owners themselves won't do the same in return. Its a BUSINESS and the sooner folks realize that at the end of the day its about the bottom line and winning is 2nd the better off they'll be. You want honor....go watch amateur sports b/c soon as you enter money into the equation it became a J O B.