A day in the life of Mark Davis

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by gg no re, Jan 11, 2012.

1. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_oakland_raiders_hue_jackson_mark_davis_011112

The whole article makes it sound like Buster Bluth is taking over the team. :|

2. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

A very smart man I knew related a long conversation he had with Ross Perot about his success and his relationship with his father.

Perot's statement was, "Every time we went to town I felt like I was standing on my father's shoulders."

It sounds like Al Davis scraped his son Mark from the bottom of his shoe. What a jerk.

3. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

4. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

So far half the articles I've seen about the firing of Hue Jackson have characterized it as a smart move by someone changing the decayed and essentially worthless culture of the Raiders and the other half have characterized it as a huge mistake by a guy who has no idea what he's doing.

I'm left wondering which side is right. So far I like his GM hire and I think that it's hard not to make a case for giving that franchise a huge enema regardless of what his reasons for doing it might be. There's been something very wrong and rotten in Oakland for at least a decade. In my eyes at least taking that team over from Al Davis is like inheriting a fairly well stocked expansion team.

5. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Mark Davis has the greatest hair - EVER!