a confesshion and good news,......

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by HouSportsWriter, Mar 13, 2010.

1. HouSportsWriter

HouSportsWriter SIAB

i was recently kicked out of school for missing so many days.....my great grandma *101 years old* is in the hospital and she like died 3 times but some how she made it shes in rehab now

she fell and broker her hip she had to have surgery she had a heart attack and her kidneys shut down 2 times i was so nervious i could not bring my self to go to school worried she would die

im relly sorry i got kicked out of school for this year! im going back next year and i will do alot beter

now for the good news!

she is now walking with a walker when she takes pain pills

and some news about me

i just got a call today from j and j nursery off of 2920 wanting me to work for them i got hired i go to work monday minium wage

2. Farough

Farough Site Contributor

I hope that you go back to school next year. Working for minimum wage is not the way to go.

3. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Agreed. Its hard for a person to acquire a good job without a degree.

4. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Sucks but true. On the flip side, school's not for everyone.

5. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Sure, but you pretty much NEED a high school diploma these days. While a GED can be ok, some places require a hs diploma.

6. valleytexfan

valleytexfan Hall of Fame

Sometimes life gets in the way of school. It happens. But don't forget about school by any means. Worst case scenario, go get your GED, man. You can't get by anymore just working with no diploma/GED. It's too dang hard.
    College isn't for everyone but you gotta get your high school diploma or at least GED. Good luck and glad your grandmother is better.

7. Section516

Section516 Warrior

Trust me.

Go to school, get an education, or prepare for a hard hard life. While schools not for everyone, the alternative is for even less. Its working long hours of hard jobs that don't pay well to hopefully one day move up, or join the Army (What i did).

You may hate school, and school may hate you, but its worth it.

8. playa465

playa465 Site Contributor

I'm happy for ur grandma but get ur BUTT back in school (evening classes, online etc.)...I'm sure ur grandma would want you to at least finish. Life isn't always fair nor sympathetic...you're going to have to work twice as hard with ur grandma to help, working and school but it's worth it...get it done now vs later or you will regret it...I know I did

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  9. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

I didn't realize that you were a college student. I'm glad that your grandmother is recovering and doing well.

10. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

slatonisabeast, my initial thought is missing school for a year will make it easier for you to not go next year. Kind of like a college student taking a semester off, promising to go the next year and 5 years later, wishing he finished what he started.

I'm sorry for your grandma, and I'm happy that even at 100+ she is still alive, but c'mon man!!!!!!! In the grand scheme of things, your grandma wants you to finish school so you don't have to earn minimum wages for a living. Take the time to grieve, but don't put yourself in a position to where you're getting kicked out of school because you're missing too many days.

11. Drew_Smoke

Drew_Smoke @Drew_Smoke

Get back to school, dude. There ain't a frickin' thing worth dropping out for. Believe me...the quality of the honeys at J & J can't touch those at your school. Get back...NOW!

Life is tough...it's tougher if you're stoopid. And being stoopid is a choice. YOU are better than that, man!

It really sucks you have no responsible adult in your life to lead you by example.

12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

Your parents just let you not go to school? Very responsible parenting! :clap:

My grandmother died of cancer, in my house, two months before I graduated high school. I think I maybe missed one day of school. I cannot believe your parents would be so irresponsible to let you skip school because your great grandmother was sick.

13. HouSportsWriter

HouSportsWriter SIAB

no it not my parents fault i thrue fits at school and i made them come get \
    me...i know im stuped....yes i thaught about suicide school is just to much for
    me im praying it will be easyer next year...

14. Drew_Smoke

Drew_Smoke @Drew_Smoke

Then someone needs to show you that "fits" are not acceptable. I think that is a lesson I would teach my kids with an ass whoopin' or 5.

There's a school down in Harlingen your folks oughta look into. Tailor made for kids like you, too. Hopefully they will.

15. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

My suggestion to you is get into some good therapy/counseling to work through the problems you are currently facing. That way when you go back to school next year(perhaps even summer school now) you will have the coping strategies in hand to deal with your emotional problems.

There is nothing wrong with having emotional problems as long as you are taking steps to work through them.

16. valleytexfan

valleytexfan Hall of Fame

You got it, Roc, three letters: MMA. I've seen and heard of countless young men who come down here and get straightened out. Discipline and structure...

MODS please delete that first post...apologies

17. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

MMA? Really? I don't know about teaching them to fight would be better than trade school? Automotive mechanics make a good, honest, and safe living.

FWIW, I think slaton is full of doodoo. I believe his misspellings to be greatly exaggerated and intentional. The guy can spell poise, recently, attack but not better or really? C'mon now... when will this charade end?

Topher and ChampionTexan like this.
  18. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

I think the kid is starving for attention. The attention that he isn't getting at home.

By the way, MMA stands for Marine Military Academy.

19. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Ah! I can get behind that!

20. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

the worst thing i ever did in my life was fail out of college. Point blank period. But if not for that, would i have my fiancee and my life and my 2 cats and a new turtle? I don't know.