A Case Against the Chiefs

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Oct 18, 2013.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Here is a well laid-out article that unveils the "chinks in the armour" of our upcoming 6-0 opponent.

The Texans weren't in this article's discussion, but there is now also the unknown Case against the Chiefs................

2. robroy72

robroy72 Veteran

Are the 6-0 Chiefs the same as the 7-0 Texans last year? Remember what happened when a wounded GB team came into Reliant ....

3. Premier

Premier All Pro

texans were never 7-0

4. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

This is Alex Smith we are playing Sunday, not Tom Brady or not even Sam Bradford, so chances are their offense is not going to score a bunch of points on it's own if the Texans defense can play some real ball here. If so, it should be a low-scoring, defense-dominated game which should keep us in the contest and maybe we'll have the turnovers go our way, or get a lucky call, whatever, where we are still in the game late and have a shot in the fourth quarter.
    And Keenum needs to avoid mistakes more than try to be a hero because this is a very good, very opportunistic Chiefs defense.

5. cstyle42

cstyle42 Veteran

I don't know why so many texan fans are sooo misinformed... smh

6. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

IIRC we have kept Charles to around 125 or less and I sort of like KC as opponent in that team should step up for a tougher team and should take some pressure off Keenum as non Texans fans will not expect much. Could be a upset here.

7. robroy72

robroy72 Veteran

you're right ... it was 5-0. :wadepalm:

8. robroy72

robroy72 Veteran

Well, we have you intellectualism to shake your head when someone posts something wrong :smooch:

9. cstyle42

cstyle42 Veteran

Lol if the texans were 7-0 in your dreams I understand... maybe your seeing the future with Case Keenum starting at quarterback.

10. chicagotexan2

chicagotexan2 IDBLDogDareU

Did we trade for Aaron Rodgers? I think the Chiefs are beatable because thier offense is bad, but the defense is very good and we have a QB making his first start.

11. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

There are a lot of interesting arguments here. Not as many as those for why we'd beat the Rams last week, but still a lot.

No matter what the Chiefs weaknesses, the Texans still have to play much, much better than they have been recently. I don't know that the spark and skills the new QB brings to the game will lead to that great an improvement.

The game should be very interesting on many levels. It is something to look forward to again.

12. kingtexan

kingtexan Hall of Fame

No, but Don Majkowski went down ... and Brett Favre is coming in ...

ObsiWan likes this.
  13. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

I have decided that the Texans won the SB last year. It's helping me deal with the current state of the team. Now if I could just find one of those SB Champion Hats!

14. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

This KC team reminds me a little of our team last year heading into the GB game. Obviously we don't have an Aaron Rodgers but there is star power on our team and I'm not going to be surprised if we make it interesting or even sneak one out.

Case "Willie Beamen" Keenum to the rescue! Coincidence that Sundance channel ran that movie yesterday? Any Given Sunday fellas you gotta believe.

Edit: actually read all the posts and my point was made already, and I just so happen to agree.

15. HouTx11

HouTx11 Veteran

I'm not gonna make the mistake of overestimating the Chiefs. They went into Nashville and spanked the Titans. The Texans needed OT to beat the Titans at home.

The Texans have their work cut out for them. I will be pleased if the Texans win on Sunday by any margin.

16. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Hell, I'll be pleased if we just look like a football team for a change. We've looked like a bunch of jokes lately.

17. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I think you can find the hats at the same place the players got their letterman jackets.

18. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

I don't know why so many of your posts make you sound like an ass.

Runner likes this.
  19. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Shut down Jamaal Charles and the Chiefs offense becomes one dimensional.

Feed the rock to our two-headed monsters - Foster & Tate - and set up that playaction / bootleg. Case could have a solid day if Foster & Tate make the Chiefs have to play the run game.

And yeah, biggest thing is to avoid the stupid mistakes - turnovers and penalties.

20. Trail.Blazr

Trail.Blazr All Pro

The New Look Texans have to actually put up a W at this point before I would consider the notion that they could beat a buttercup. I give you the Rams as an example.. But I don't believe KC is a buttercup. This is a blue collar team that I believe plays within themselves and their coach has them playing well. surprising to be undefeated at this point, but by no means should they be overlooked. We have more to prove, so it's hard to buy into any hype that would suggest we get a break this week.