9-7 Does Not Matter?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gary, Dec 30, 2009.

1. gary

gary Hall of Fame

I have seen a few posters post that thought. I mean just come on already it's the difference between a winning season or a .500 season. That my friends is a huge difference to any real Texans fan. A winning record is a first things first type of deal and then the playoffs. Has the Texans play lowered our standers that much that some of us are now blowing off a winning season to just another average season? I guess it has for some folks around here geez, but surely it hasn't for me. The last two seasons have ended in .500 fashtion for this team and it has been a long time coming since the Texans have had their best shot at a winning season as we well know and this is it. Besides the playoffs a winning season is very important to every NFL team it was what I was wanting to see from the Texans this season as everything bulids upon that factor going into next season IMO. A postive note is much better going into next season rather than just an average note regardless of wether or not everything falls into place on Sunday and they do reach the playoffs or not if you know what I mean. I do not have tickets for the game on Sunday but have been invited to join some tailgate groups aroud the stadium in the the biggest badest tailgating city the NFL has and barring no rain I plan on doing so. I will still either hear or watch the game somewhare outside the stadium hopefully and I'd like to see those who going get there early scream and rock the house for the first single Teaxans winning season ever and if everything goes right the freaking playoffs regardless of my stance on the HC and what not I know I'll be loud and proud come this Sunday and hope all Texans fans are. A lot of thought went into this post so I hope you enjoy it.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
    thunderkyss likes this.
  2. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I want 9-7 whether we go to the playoffs or not. I want the Texans to get used to being winners.

3. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

I wanna win, period.

Ranger Tom likes this.
  4. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Amen.

5. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Gary, I always enjoy your post!! I just try to stay positive. A 9-7 season is what I predicted the beginning of the season, and to me that is progress, and progress is a positive thing. Sign up the vets we have that are worth keeping, have another positive draft, and solidify a couple weak holes, and we SHOULD be ready to rock the NFL next year. I'm saddened by the "almost" games we lost, but, that is hindsight, over and done with, and I'm ready to move forward.

I will be there Sunday, haven't missed a home game yet, and I'll do some more damage to my vocal cords. Eight years of Bullpen fandom has taken it's toll on my voice, as well as my old body. lol BUT, I'll be there doing my part to rock Reliant and help our boys make this a winning season. As for the playoffs, I don't even think about that. If it happens GREAT, if not, then so be it. I'll just get ready for next year. I'm sincerely thankful, and very happy, I have a hometown football team to root for. THey are MINE, win, lose, or draw, and that my dear friend, is what being a fan is all about.

Hope to see ya Sunday!!

Brando and Dan B. like this.
  6. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Oh no. I sense a 25-page thread about our head coach coming. I'm burned out on that discussion.

Just for the record: yes, 9-7 is important. I just think some of us don't want to get our hopes up too high. If it happens, great. If not, that's great, too, because we weren't expecting it.

Yep, that's what this team has done to us.

7. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

This fanbase should be finished hoping the team tanks games for better draft position. We've got talent and an ability to find impact players in the middle of the 1st round. Its time we hope to WIN as much as possible every season.

Not to mention we're still in the freaking playoff hunt!!! We go 9-7 and we not only have our first winning season but we will still be in the hunt until 2 out of 3 teams ahead of us win their games. If that doesn't happen then we get into the playoffs with a 9-7 record... I'd say that matters A LOT!!!

8. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Do not exspect it that's fine but do not say there isn't any difference between an 8-8 season and a winning season when there is.

9. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

9-7 definitely does matter. I want to be respected.

10. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Unleash the Grumpy Ole Woman!!
    :shetexan:

11. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

My thoughts exactly. :goodpost: :clap:

Lots of folks have disparaged a 9-7 record around here, but right now there are five 8-7 AFC teams that are competing for two wildcard spots. Both of those spots will most likely be taken by 9-7 teams. That - and the winning record thing - is the difference between 9-7 and 8-8.

12. spurstexanstros

spurstexanstros Texans Rising

ummmmm do to my 0-2 record when attending games this year...the fans here threatened to flatten my tires if i got tickets....

Hey I was 2-0 last year.

I am going to get BWW and eat it I am 4-0 when eating at or getting them and taking home.
    Wife is getting told to go away..... she is not going to exist that day. She is pissed because she is now a football widow.

13. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

I'll take 9-7 and all the hype for next year.

14. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

:foottap: I gotta see her Sunday.

15. No More 8-8's

No More 8-8's Veteran

My UserName speaks for itself.

16. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Very good Username.

17. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

:laughjump:
    I'm cheerin up!! Last night at work TONIGHT, then off for 4 nights!! YEA!! I won't be grumpy on Sunday!! DRUNK maybe, but, not grumpy. I'm a HAPPY drunk!! :winky::shetexan:

18. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

I think maybe if we beat the real Patriots on sunday we can be happy for a winning season but if our first winning season comes from the Patriots playing their 2nd and 3rd stringers it would be kind of blah. I don't want anything handed to us. I want them to play their starters for 4 quarters and the Texans go out and earn their first winning season. That my fellow fans is something we could brag about.

19. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

:whew Thank God!!!

20. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

9-7 is better than 8-8. But, 10-6 would have been much, much nicer.