#89 Heisman

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Blake, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Blake

Blake MMQB

Why wont anybody give Eric Crouch a chance at QB? I didnt watch him in NCAA, so I dont know the whole story. I just know he won the heisman.

2. texans

texans Veteran

he was like vick but he could not throw. he is hell a fast though i think he ran a 4.3 at the combine. He has no chance in the nfl intill he changes is atude and starts acting like jamal lord GRATEFULL he is in the NFL :fight:

3. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

Thats basically it. He was in the same system Lord was in and he was just faster and a better runner, I remember one play, he was going to get sacked for a safety but he ran around the DE out of the End Zone and ran over 100 yards for a TD. Just like Lord is moving to FS people moved Crouch to WR and KR. He still wants to be a QB though he has no arm, if he focused on playing WR he might actually play once in a while.

4. Blake

Blake MMQB

how do you get the heisman as a QB if you cant throw?

5. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

You run the ball like one of the top RBs in the country and complete a pass here and there.

6. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

A little write up on his college record.

7. J-Man

J-Man Veteran

Crouch no matter what else he might be (or not be) is a genuine no-S**T stud athlete. I agree that his attitude was pretty lacking and there are obvious questions about committment.

One thing I want to lay on the table in reference to Crouch (and Lord for that matter) is that sometimes I think the NFL values position specialization maybe a bit too much. Guys that are 'tweeners can make valuable contributions to rosters and be playmakers in their own right. Look at Kordell Stewart...not a great QB, WR, KR, or RB...but he could sure compete at all 4 of those positions. Stewart is too focused on being a QB to take advantage of his multi-role capability.

8. HoustonTexansAreTheBest

HoustonTexansAreTheBest Veteran

Great post J-Man.

9. J-Man

J-Man Veteran

Thanks! I try to call 'em like I see 'em.

10. Seasons Rearranged

Seasons Rearranged Rookie

this is harsh (winning a Heisman is no joke).... but the guy is a quitter. He almost quit early in his college career & has already quit the NFL twice. Where's the mental toughness?

On a similar note... the Jets a a few years past had also drafted a QB (Nebraska i think) & tried converting him to safety... whatever happened?

11. Boris

Boris All Pro

this is harsh (winning a Heisman is no joke).... but the guy is a quitter. He almost quit early in his college career & has already quit the NFL twice. Where's the mental toughness?

i posted that but someone else (SeasonsRearranged) had logged in on my computer... i'll be more attentive next time