#8 pick for a player?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Meloy, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

Have not seen any talk about trading the first rounder for an active player who could start for us. Maybe there is a reason I've not thought of.

2. 4Texans

4Texans Hall of Fame

I really would like to see us trade down and acquire some draft picks. I'm not sure what player we would want, but I know I don't like the rumor of trading 1st picks with Denver for Plummer and Bell.

3. fdknuckles

fdknuckles Rookie

I'd like to see if we could trade #8 for Buffalo's #12 and their 2nd rounder. Comparative values are about right and it would allow them to move up for Quinn if he's still there. It would allow us to pick up Reggie Nelson and a quality 2nd ( possibly Tank Tyler DT and Joe Staley OT). JMO:ok:

4. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

If the Texans do that, I'll need a straight jacket and a padded room.
    :tease:

5. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I really like this idea, and hope it really happens. Carolina??? could be someone wanting quinn?? There are a number of players we could select at that point that'd i'd be thrilled with...that'd i'd actually select at 8.

you and me both, i wouldn't like that deal at all. I'd definitly want their 1st and 2nd rder.... but i think i'm going to like the player we select at 8 better anyways.

6. trublu

trublu Veteran

Buffalo is happy with Losman's progress and I doubt they would want Brady. Now if Peterson was there then they might be interested in him. There have been rumblings about Magahee's discontent.

7. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

Nothing against the author of this post, but the concept of a team trading up two picks in the current draft for a player of need just isn't vogue anymore. There isn't really that guarantee lock / dynamite player that would warrant it. And just like every other team, who wouldn't rather have an extra second and a slightly lower first round pick? Every team probably wishes they had two firsts that were lower instead of a higher first.

You are filling more holes with multiple picks, and I don't see a team out there that fits the mold of being a player away and risk a future pick to go get him... much less for a Brady Quinn type.

Denver did it last year, true. But is there a dynamite player out there that would necessitate this type of trade that would benefit the Texans. #8 doesn't appear at this time to be an enviable tade spot, unless someone like a Levi Brown really gets hot from the combine, and then... why wouldn't we take him?

I just see us picking at #8 and staying with a OL, DT, or DB. We need it and there probably isn't someone that would be willing to give up two for one. Buffalo needs all the draft picks they can get after their debacle in last year's draft.

8. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

McGahee is discontent because he has three kids from three different mothers in a 13 month span... Take half of half of half and that doesn't leave a lot of bread to bake with for yourself.

Plus, you always have to feel bad for athletes, they make a lot of money, but they spend a lot of money too.

9. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

If AD is available at the #8 spot and the Texans trade that away, all I can say is there will be allot of empty seats at Reliant next year... That would be another dumb move IMHO...

10. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

The rumored Tatum Bell/Jake Plummer acquisition will not happen. According to ESPN's John Clayton, the Texans covet the #8 pick and would like to try to move up and get AD.

11. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

And this is why...

From Mel Kiper's Big Board..

12. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

In his new mock, he has the Texans drafting Quinn...

13. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Id take Landry at #8 or trade down and take Levi Brown at LT.

14. vectorscg

vectorscg Rookie

The number 8 pick is going to denver for Plummer and Bell. Denver is also throwing in one of their 3 2nd round picks and 1 of their 2 3rd round picks.

15. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

I find it interesting that your post count says 7, with only 5 shown in your post history, and every one of them has the word Plummer in it...
    I'm out on a limb here saying the two other posts were about Plummer, but were deleted..?