610 WIP Radio Philadelphia "This has blow out written all over it".

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Hookem Horns, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

2. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

I know the nfl is about matchups...

they couldn't stop the Bears. I'm done.

3. DexmanC

DexmanC Hall of Fame

Cutler throws the ball much better than Schaub does, and Mike Martz
    finally took his head out of his ass, and added a running game. The Bears
    defense is LEAGUES better than that of the Texans.

This game DOES have blowout written all over it.

4. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

I hope the players think that too, and we can sneek up on them and BAM!

5. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Honestly, win or lose, if the Texans make a game out of this I will be shocked. As a Giants fan I watch the Eagles quite a bit and they can tear you up. I just don't see how our sorry defense is going to stop them. This is the same team that hung up 35 first half points on the Skins.

Plus that stadium is a madhouse and they are pissed off about losing to the Bears.

I envision a lot of this :kubepalm: tomorrow night.

6. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Huh? Big time disagree. Cutler is much more prone to turnovers and bad decisions.

7. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Valid points. The run game isn't the only thing. They started giving Cutler extra protections in the backfield too. Martz is known for protecting with just 5. (The OL)

Folks, don't be too hard on the play calling when you see a run on 2nd and 8 through 12. Also, I want to see some more 3rd and 10 running, dammit!

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Good thing we aren't playing the Bears defense.

I think it is "set-up" to be a blow out.... I can definitely see it happening.

But the Texans have never done what I think they will/should do.

9. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

Your argument is they couldn't stop the Bears? Hahahaha.

The Bears are 8-3 my friend. The Texans can only dream of a record like that.

10. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

That's because you constantly think they are going to magically turn into a playoff caliber team.

11. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Any given Thursday....:truck:

TEXANS84 likes this.
  12. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

And if you think it's because of the offense, I'm going to laugh at you. :kubepalm:

13. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

I bet Mike starts with like an 60 touchdown pass in there first drive.

14. GP

GP Go Texans!

For me, our wins are trapped in a vacuum-type environment. Because at this point, our wins are always needed and not luxury items.

This team is afraid to be elite. To me, it doesn't want the pressure and the expectation. It's easier for our team to always be down-and-out and then come riding to the rescue of the fans who have given up on the team. Doing juuuust enough to keep you on the hook. "We'll do better NEXT year..." says the Texans organization and its personnel.

So I expect nothing. It will be what it will be. I don't think Kubiak fares well vs. Andy Reid and his squad of coaches. They toy with us. They seem to always call the right plays at the right time, and yet that's not really no accident folks. It's just good, sound strategy planning that I believe the NFL's elite coaches are capable of cranking out week-to-week.

Our guys isn't doin that. He has his scripted plays. He wants our offense to be a fine-tuned machine whose players can outplay its opponents out there on the field, regardless of who we are playing that day. Changes are made at a glacial pace, and when they are made we often abandon other things that could be used in certain situations.

The Rex Ryans and the Andy Reids of the NFL are the types of guys who want to outwit and outsmart their opponents. If their players execute out ont he field, the plan is going to work. Which is why we see that Andy Reid chewed out one of his receivers recently.

We don't match up well vs. mobile, athletically-gifted QBs who can beat defenses by scrambling. We stand a chance vs. those QBs who stand in a pocket. Once a mobile QB gets outside the pocket, if they can run a little, they torch us badly.

This DOES have blow-out written all over it. I just wonder (a) if the Texans understand that, which I don't think they do nor do they care enough from a coach's standpoint to gameplan any differently to avoid or mitigate the damages, and (b) will it even matter if we somehow pull of the win? Because this team pretty much has to win out. Period. With some goofy math, they stand a chance of being able to have one more regular season loss. And that's if things get real goofy and we win our division somehow. Gonna' have to beat the jags AND the titans in order to have a shot at that, though. AND..gonna' have to beat a few more teams on top of that.

I'm just in this for the little moments like AJ-Innegan and AJ's accomplishment on receptions. This fan's Fanometer is calibrated to withstand disappointment.

15. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

They tend to struggle vs. decent offensive balanced teams which i think we are so we'll see how their defense holds up.

& the whole "angry after a loss" thing is overblown. They've got a divisional game with the cowboys on primetime right after us so, they may very well still look past us. Do i expect that? no, but no one expected the bears to pummel them this past week either. The outcome doesn't look promising, but i'm gonna ride with my boys to the end!.........although, i will be starting Desean Jackson on my fantasy team!

16. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

Laugh at me. I'm not the one comparing the Texans favorably to the Bears.

17. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Had Philly won up in Chitown, this could have been a trap-game for them and given us the chance we needed, but now they'll probably be very motivated Thursday night after the tough loss up there.

18. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Oh man, I was just telling someone something similiar just last week. I said something to the effect that I thought the Texans were afraid of success.

Some people can't handle the success, and the subsequent pressures. I know people like that. We all do. Talented, smart, but just can't handle the spotlight. They wither, and would prefer to coast.

19. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Is this a joke?????????

Arky likes this.
  20. BobbleTexan

BobbleTexan Rookie

Guess they may as well turn the plane around and come home if there is no chance...........why bother...........hell for that matter concede the rest of the season..........

Arky likes this.