Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans34Life, May 12, 2009.
He's coming up...
Missed it, can you give us a rundown of what was said?
Doesn't matter what he said. We're doomed.
Someone in Houston please recap for us.
Yes, please. Thanks in advance.
Doens't seem like anyone listened...
I think you can go to their website though...
I caught some of it. Was telling Dunta if he was listening to get his butt to Reliant. Also, said that Dunta said he wouldn't let the team down and that was good enough for Kubiak. He was bragging big time on James Casey, talking about him being a great athlete and having some great character. He never said if they would use him in a wildcat but did reply that they would move him around.
Then he talked about what a good job Adelman is doing. He said that as a coach he was really excited for the last win, because they did it with out their marquis players. He said that goes a long way in his book, a true team effort. Then he said "go rockets" and the interview was over.
I didn't catch all of it, but did hear that little bit.
I can't listen to this at work, so if someone could please click the link and let us know what was said it'd be greatly appreciated...
Allow me to make a more convincing plea...
I'm Deaf and can't listen to this at all. Please transcribe. I'm dying to know!
They always put notable guests up as podcasts. It will be up soon I'm sure.
I bet the word "kid" was used.
I see some folks that have been in this thread since the last time I checked it, so maybe there's hope!
Typing as I listen, so here goes:
draft - felt good about it .... called Cushing and Barwin impact players ... feels Caldwell can help at center and guard .... would have liked to have gotten a back, but the opportunity didn't present itself and they didn't want to reach and make a mistake
options at RB - Ryan Moats, expect him to take another step after year in the system. Chris Brown healthy, knock on wood. Brief mention of two rookies, one from Oregon (smaller) and one from Tennessee (6'2", 225lbs.).
OTAs - motto this year is +1 (win turnover battle). Continue improving, blah blah blah.
Impact A Hero Run - May 30 @ Mercer Stadium, raises money for wounded vets .... Players and coaches come out in support .... impactahero.org ... 5K run ....
James Casey - he can do anything he wants to do ... surprised he was still there ... move him around a lot everywhere .... first, he'll learn TE position and then work from there .... nicknamed Thor .....
Red Zone scoring - must run it better .... big back (Tennessee guy) ... were 3rd in the league getting to RZ, but have to score .....
backup QB - excited to work with Orlovsky ... Kubiak finds him very talented .... has starter talent ... takes to coaching very well .... feels like coaching him and Matt is similar ....
Dunta Robinson - counting on him ... it's part of the business .... Dunta told Kubiak they could count on him over a month ago .... Kubiak says that's good enough for him
on Rockets - he's a fan, of course ... looking forward to game, blah blah, blah
Thanks for the recap.
Is there anything more disorganized than that 610 vault ? Good grief. It looks like a college dorm room.
1. says he's excited about OTA's starting next week
2. felt good about the draft. Happy to get impact players on D like Brian and Connor
3. would of loved to draft a young rb but didnt want to reach for one. Hopes one of the young backs step up and contributes
4. expects Moats to take a step foward
5. hopes Chris Brown will be okay and able to contribute
6. keeping their eyes open for rb's on the free agent market
7. moto this year is plus 1. meaning every time we're plus one in the turnover battle we're 15 and 2
8. impact a hero fun run comming up on may 30th
9. brought vets in to talk to players to inspire them
10. james cassey can do anything he wants to do. Amazing young man (not kid) Gonna move him around everywhere. Smart young man. Wont overload him. 1st order of business is learn the TE position. Thor is his nickname. Big, Thick young man. (calm down gary!)
11. Big rockets and rick fan. Fun to watch for a coach. Impressed with the rockets.
12. Gotta run the ball in the red zone better. Gotta come up with the points in the red zone. Must improve on it drastically on offense.
13. Is so excited working with Dan Orlavosky. Is mentally tough. Impressed with what he wants out of his career. Takes to coaching. Built like Schaub, makes it easy to coach.
14. Wish's dunta would come by reliant. Dunta told Gary that he can count on him.
Dunno about the "Plus 1" slogan. It reminds me too much of "Protect The Ball" last season...and we all know how well that worked.
Thanks for transcribing.
Separate names with a comma.