60 MINUTES: VY W(h)ining About not Being the Big Cheese

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Sep 27, 2007.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

What is going on with all these primadonas coming out of the 2006 Draft?? Just what I would want to hear coming from our team leader. Maybe, we should request a debate on Prime Time between VY and RB??..............or better yet, maybe we could arrange for the same on the WWF network.

2. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

His complaint should be with the USC defense.

They stunk it up against Fresno State and others, and he got lots of opportunities to be on the field.

VY was handing the ball off in the third quarter of a lot of games because they were already so outta hand.

Eh, he's just answering the questions that are asked in a truthful manner. I actually prefer athletes to say what they think instead of the blah blah blah answer. Unless, of course, they are on the team I root for, and then I don't want them to be a distraction.

3. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 All Pro

Yep... yall are pathetic.

:lol:

Oh and how is this whining exactly... he explains how he felt when he didn't win it. As TC said, he was answering the question...

4. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige Veteran

He could just say "I've got more important things to do now, like winning a Lombardi for my team."

He's doing great, as Boston would say, "Don't Look Back"

5. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

This would be way to easy to pick on "his highness" AND Bulluck.. So I will just leave it alone.

6. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

VY might be behaving in an unseemly manner, but I still totally agree with him because he was ripped-off. VY was the leading candidate for the Heisman until Bush had a very good game as a member of a very formidable offense against a very JUCO level defense and his highlights from the game were run nonstop, coast-to-coast for weeks and even months by one of his primary corporate benefactors, ESPN, in a very successful campaign to influence voting among those selecting the Heisman winner.
    I take it this is on the upcoming 60 Minutes program this Sunday, and I'm looking forward to it ? Maybe "60" will do some real investigative reporting and
    give us a real story about the link between corporate sponsers and their interest and zeal in being advocates for celebrity-jocks, including those who are less that steller performers as pro athletes.

7. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

Did Peyton Manning have a similar reaction when he did not win the Heisman?

8. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

The thread title gave me a bit of a laugh.

I move we begin to call anyone who continues to bring up passing up Young in the 2005 draft a "VYner". Pronounced 'V-Whiner"

Luv_ya_blue, Brando and scourge like this.

9. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Nice... Tried to rep ya, but "you must spread yada yada......"

10. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Completely agree.

11. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

No, but he was still allergic to winning big games at that stage in his career as well. :pirate:

12. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Joe Montana is still upset that he wasn't the first overall pick in his draft.

His quote: "I mean, come on, I'm Joe freaking Montana!"

13. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

I just love how he stated things. He makes every person who ever went to UT for an education all say collectively, OMG shut the F up your making my degree worthless.

14. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

If they were worried about their degree having some value, why did they go to UT to begin with?

:jk:

15. Grams

Grams Subscribed Contributor

ROFLMAO

Sad, but true.

16. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Eh. VY has a point--he technically should've won. He was the more valuable player that year and he had a vital role in a thrilling national championship victory.

His detractors also have a point--he should probably let it go already. If there's anything more obnoxious than the onslaught of Reggie Bush commercials, it's another guy saying, hey that should be me instead. I keep hearing that VY is such a team guy but, JMO, a true "team guy" should be careful about making public appearances to endorse his qualifications for an individual award. Sort of looks like your focus is somewhere else.

But I'd have to see this interview for myself--they may just be blowing it out of context. And like TC said, can't fault the guy for giving honest answers to questions when asked.

17. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Have to disagree and agree with you a bit. A leader can be honest but change the focus as you mentioned to something less individual. A QB like Carr got asked questions all the time about the OL. An honest answer (at least from his perspective--not meant to provoke an OL v. Carr debate) might be we would win some games if my OL didn't play like crud or the coaches would do something one of these years to fix the OL, etc. but that wouldn't be the best thing for the team. That's why you see so many trite sayings from athletes--they are trying to be honest without being too honest.

18. real

real Guest

I think that is totally different than asking someone about something that happened in college.

Questions about a 2005 college award vs. dogging your current teammates

I just don't think it's the same thing...JMO...I doubt his Titan teammates even care...not even Lendale...

19. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

Took care of it for ya Bill.:cowboy1:

20. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 All Pro

I agree he shouldn't have said anything but its getting blown out of proportion, like everything else he does (including his play).

But do you seriously expect him to say "no comment?"