50 new plays?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Señor Stan, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

Did anyone else hear the interview/soundbite with David Carr?

It was in reference to Vince Young coming into town and how it would affect him. He said that (I'm paraphrasing here) he did not have time to worry about Vince coming into town, he had way to much Xs and Os to be concerned about. They have like 50 new plays this week and he needs to concentrate on the gameplan.

Has any one else heard this?

2. real

real Guest

David has been contradicting himself over this whole VY coming to town thing...

The first time I heard him talk about it he said that it was just another game....

Then today I heard him say that this game has extra meaning.....

But as far as the 50 plays....I have no clue, and I don't even think it matters.....Our offense was way more dynamic in pre-season, which is totally bass-ackward...

3. MasterC25

MasterC25 Rookie

I thought I actual heard him say 80 plays? But its nothing unusual. Nfl teams have there basic 300-500 offensive set plays and add a average of 40-80 plays for specific weekly matchups.

4. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

'Splains why our linemen are running two or three different run plays at the same time. :rolleyes:

5. cuzof26

cuzof26 Rookie

how about the play where he doesn't look like a nervous suburban middle school kid playin against a bunch high school brothas from where im from....that would be nice:spy:

6. sleepwalker

sleepwalker Veteran

It was 80.

7. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

Kubiak's playbook is consider one of the largest in the NFL. That is why NE has a tough time with Denver. The team has the ability to look at a team and find it's weakness and use it against them. Most of the plays make use of different formations and motion in order to confuse the defense. The final play looks like plays we have been watching from the start, but to the defense it is disguised from the start.

Also the game plan never includes the entire playbook, it only includes the plays/formations that the coaches believe puts them in the best position to counter what the defense is expected to do to stop us.

I imagine that Kubiak is going to show a completely different game plan to Fishers defense then they saw last time. Hopefully making them have to think about their assignments and slowing them down a step.

8. BigWig

BigWig Bigimus Wigimus

He was referring to the old song "50 ways to leave your lover"!

9. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Fifty new plays? I'm still thinking about the last 50 he installed.

The first was called "baby makes 11" - Carr takes the snap, drops back to pass, and at the first sign of trouble, immediately falls down and curls up into a fetal position.

Then we have the "pumpernickel" play - That's the one where Carr drops back to pass, pump fakes, brings it down and holds it like a loaf of bread, and then fumbles upon immediate contact with the nickel corner.

We then have the "healing hands of time" play - Carr drops back, takes too much time, and then throws it right into the defenders hand for a bat down. Awesome play!

Then he installed the "have a nice trip, see you next fall" play - This one is great. Carr takes the snap, trips all over the centers feet, and then falls. Sometimes, as a trick play, this one is combined with the baby makes 11 play.

Another beauty is the "I'll take my check" play - In this one, Carr drops back, scans the field for 0.004 seconds, and then checks down to the RB or nearest receiver within 3 yards.

Lastly, he had installed the "hot potato" play - That's the one where Carr drops back to pass, acts like the football is hot and drops it, and then is treated like a sack of potatos.

I am afraid the rest are confidential, but word has leaked of a new one this week called the "Young Frankenstein". I'm afraid I am not at liberty at this time to discuss. Well, I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you. :spy:

JDizzle likes this.
  10. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

Good stuff, Porky.

11. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Bamaborn-Texasbred All Pro

I want to see the play where the line gives David 3.5 seconds to throw the ball.

12. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

Is Kubiak getting bad advice from Shanahan or something? :spy:

13. axman40

axman40 Hall of Fame

I bet the " Young Frankenstein" play will be super duper!

:mario2:

14. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Bamaborn-Texasbred All Pro

He's getting lackluster oline play because our oline is the quality of fresh dog meat.

15. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I can only tell you this. It involves a meatball, a tack, a toupee, and Orange Juice. :spy:

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

That would be in the first possession against the Raiders.. several times against the Jets, buffalo.... several times against the Giants, once maybe twice against Tennessee, most of both jacksonville games.... all of the Dallas game.... & that's about it.

17. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Sarcasm is the primary language on this board i guess.

Ya know.. im not too high on Carr right now.. but the amount of sarcasm and cutting comments that he gets here makes me want to defend him. Hes a good guy, even if he isnt getting it done on the field, and threads like this accomplish nothing other than giving people a place to bad mouth our team. I could do without them.

Im all for talking about what is going wrong, and what is going right, for both Carr and the Texans, but not like this.

I guess I should tack on the obligatory "grow up" to finish of this post.

18. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I kind of liked this comment from "Mike" on my blog today. Might not be the most articulate or accurate thing in the world, but I appreciate his heart and enthusiasm. I guess it is a matter of getting people to check themselves a bit in their desire to crush Carr: