4 Best Teams in the AFC

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by thunderkyss, Dec 31, 2012.

1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Maybe some of you remember my other thread, "5 best teams in the NFL" Here's my last list:

Two things have changed since then.
    1. The Giants aren't in the play offs
      We all saw the Giants as one of the 5 best teams in the NFL. What happened? Were we wrong? Or did they just run into some bad luck?
    2. Atlanta kicked their arse
      I didn't think Atlanta had it in them. But they made a statement. They definitely have moved up in the top 5 of the NFL.

However, for this list I wanted to do a top 4 of the AFC. Figured I'd probably have to do a top 12 or top 15 in the NFL to keep the Texans on your list. & to keep it relevant, who are your top 4 of the AFC? Mine.......

1. Denver
    2. Patriots
    3. Baltimore
    4. Indianapolis

Now, I mentioned earlier that we all thought the Giants were one of the top 5 teams in the NFL. Just two weeks ago, I wasn't alone with that thought. Missing the play offs haven't changed my mind about who they are. They'll be back next year & they'll make another run.

Same thing with the Texans. We don't have their history, but the fact remains the same. When the Texans are doing what they do to the best of their ability, they are a hard out. That's only true for a handful of teams. They may not be top 5 in the NFL, but they're still pretty damn good.

So, if you look at my list of top 4 in the AFC, you'll see the Texans aren't on it. Simply put, they are not playing like a top 5 team right now. But even saying that, doesn't mean I think the Texans will be 1 & done in the 2012 play-offs. I honestly don't know, but either the Bengals or the Texans will. Neither of them are on my top 4 list.

Baltimore will play Indianapolis. One of the teams that I think is better than the Texans will be eliminated from the play offs without us playing them. The winner of that game will go & play Denver the following week. Only one of those teams will advance. Another team that I think is better than the Texans will be eliminated without the Texans having to play them.

Just saying.

Who are your top 4 teams in the AFC right now?

2. ajohnson80

ajohnson80 Veteran

1.Patriots
    2.Broncos
    3.does it matter?
    4." "

3. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

This.

4. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

1. Broncos
    2. Patriots
    3. Ravens
    4. Bengals
    5. Colts
    6. Texans

Yeah, that's what I'm going with until Houston proves me wrong. :bat:

5. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

I'd knock down the Ravens to a tie or below us. Despite how bad our offense has been lately, it wasn't bad enough for an OC to get fired late in the season.

6. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I think the Ravens' last couple of games, doing what they needed to do in demonstrative fashion shows they are a better team than we are right now.

They punked the Giants, playing for their play off lives. Then they came out last week & showed their starters are ready to play last week.

They didn't need to win the game, their starters didn't play the whole game. The loss means nothing. The way they played is what should be taken away from that game.

7. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Hopefully, the Colts will be eliminated this weekend. I want the Ravens to not only beat them, but, beat them beyond recognition!! I think we can take the Bengals, IF our boys really want the win. Depends on which Texan team shows up to play ball. They are definitely schizoid!!:mcnugget:

8. bobbeaux

bobbeaux Rookie

if you are only thinking right now and for the playoffs, i can understand everyone's reasoning, but i still think the texans are 3rd on the list, imo . . . they just haven't been playing that way . . . injuries to the lb core have crippled this team and have changed the way the team has to play as a whole . . . i'm not counting them out . . . ;)

thunderkyss likes this.
  9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I think the Texans played well enough today to be included in the top 4 of the AFC.

1. Patriots
    2. Broncos
    3. Ravens
    4. Texans

10. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

We are better than Baltimore. We are the 3 seed and IMO that's exactly where we belong.

11. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

Houston has proved you wrong.

12. Matt Schaub

Matt Schaub Rookie

Texans can be one of the best teams in the league. As long as we play our game we can be victorious. I believe in my teammates and they believe in me.

Same should be for the fans.

13. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

Yes, they have. It's more a mindset I'm going with than anything. Put them at the bottom of the list each week and let them rise to the top of it.

Broncos
    Patriots
    Ravens
    Texans

14. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

I believe Matt. Now get off this board and go look at some game film.

15. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

That's debatable. We smothered a better team on the stat sheet, at least I think the Bengals are better than the Colts, but they owned the Colts on the scoreboard.

We allowed 6 points to the Bengals offense, they allowed 9 to the Colts. They found the endzone three times, we found it once.

I'm thinking the Ravens played better offensively, defensively is basically a wash.

16. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

We destroyed the ravens in all phases when we played them head to head. It's all that matters. If we play them again it will be in Houston and is expect another win

17. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

I'll take Denver and New England as the top two. After that I'll take Houston #3 and Baltimore #4. Problem is the space between the top two and the bottom two is vast.

Having said that I think we can win on Sunday though my truth-o-meter, money, if I had to bet, goes on the Pats head.

gtexan02 likes this.
  18. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Exactly my sentiments.

Showtime100 likes this.
  19. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

We are better than Denver. It's not even arguable. Manning is the only player that is better at their respective positions.

We beat Denver in Denver right?

20. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

You think the Texans are better than Denver is a given to those who know? Ok, I'll defend your right to say that with my life.

You do know the Broncos we beat has gelled while ours has broken down like old oil in a car, right? Those were different teams playing that day.