30 Years Ago This Season ...

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Hookem Horns, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

The Luv Ya Blue era started. Earl Campbell was a rookie and the Oilers would finally make a name for themselves nationwide by making it to the AFC Championship game.

For me personally it was when I became a fan of the Oilers and the NFL. My family had just moved to Houston from Austin and I had my first exposure to the Oilers. I always liked to say we followed Earl to Houston.

It's hard to believe it has been 30 years.

2. Tedc

Tedc Hardheaded

I was there with you but I had suffered some pretty bad years up til then.

3. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Me too! Great memories of a fantastic time in history!! LUV YA BLUE!! BUT, ya know what!!? I STILL LOVE YA BLUE!! It's just a darker, STEEL blue, but it brings to my life the same things the Oilers did back in the day. Hope, optimism, joy, friendships, excitement; coupled with pain, disappointment, heartache, frustration. BUT, after all is said and done, I was honored and proud to be an OILER fan, and I feel the same way about our TEXANS!! Such is life with a diehard football fan!! You take the bad with the good and just keep on believing!!!:shetexan: