3 Time All-American Punter

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by tsip, Dec 13, 2006.

1. tsip

tsip Hall of Fame

"Baylor punter Daniel Sepulveda, after being a third-team All-American as a sophomore and a second-teamer last year, is a first-teamer this season."

I don't know how this 'kid' would fit into our draft plans (someone will grab him early), but he's a rarity to have built consistency at his craft at such a high level.

http://www.big12sports.com/sports/m-footbl/big12-m-footbl-body.html

2. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

Sepulveda will definately get drafted and thats not something that happens alot with punters. He's got a great leg, and he can do kickoffs too. Can't wait to hear Madden pronounce his name.

3. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Family & friends of Daniel Sepulveda. Four posts are enough dad. We got it.
    He's there in the middle of day two...I got no problem with the pick. Rathers...I'd rather have the TSU All american DB, Thomas. Or the smurf RB from Oregon St. But, Sepulveda is a qualified high end punter. I won't be dissapointed if we draft your son.

If for nothing else, you could buy the kid another consonant . We'll have an "L" Vanna.

4. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

I'm at Baylor, and had the pleasure of watching him kick, (unfortunately it seems like way too many times, he got his practice here), and he truly is a special talent in the mold of Shane Lechler. He will be an "X" factor for whatever team he ends up on. More than once he has flipped the field over 70 yards, something our current punter could only dream about. On top of that, he is a terrific person, and fits the personallity test almost all of our players have to pass. He's got my vote.

5. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I'm all for drafting a punter. Let's get a kicker while we are at it, too. Seriously.

6. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

This team has to many holes to even think about drafting a punter before teh 6th round, and Sep will be gone by then.