Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

3 Round 2023 PFF Mock (Post FA sort of)

What's the chance of Mayer lasting to 33. I'm seeing him rated around middle of first round, or slightly below?

Texans take:
1.2 Bryce Young
1.12 Peter Skoronski - (Can he play Center?)
2.33 Michael Mayer
3.65 Keion White
3.73 Tyjae Spears

Would love seeing Mayer and White on the board at 33 and 65. I suspect they are mocking under the impression Tunsil is traded which would make Skoronski make sense.

1679085740574.png

As I mentioned….I’d like a late RD1 and parley trades into a beast for RD2 and RD3.

I traded both WR- Brandin Cooks and WR- Nico Collins, but added WR- Denzel Mims, WR- Jalin Hyatt, and WR- Nathaniel “Tank” Dell. This group could help make the Texans receiving group one of the nastiest in the NFL.

I gave Pierce the help he needs by adding RB- Bijan Robinson to create a “very real” 2-Back system. Pierce-Robinson would be a new “Dynamic Duo” for DC’s to worry about.

I could sense a satisfied DeMeco Ryans if a draft yielded him ILB- Jack Campbell, DE- Isaiah Foskey, Athletic DE- Adetomiwa Adebawore, CB- Eli Ricks, and SS- JL Skinner. These pieces with the veteran pieces already assembled would really fill in some areas of need while providing projected starters who’ll be rotating in year one as they learn their positions.

Hendon Hooker provides the needed answer for QB1 of the future.

Finally, adding C- Luke Wypler, OG/C- Steve Avila, and OG- Andrew Vorhees gives the team an immediate answer at C and (2) solid Guards for the OL who would rotate until ready for starting rolls. TE- Darnell Washington provides much needed TE blocking to go along with his crazy physical gifts that could make him a massive target for the teams QB’s.

Oh, the Texans draft was over at the end of RD3….also, screw the PFF grading systems b/c they’re slanted to take players I’ve targeted in past drafts. I prevented the simulator from taking players graded much later by making these trades and selecting them earlier. In all honesty, I don’t think many of players selected are that far out of position.

This draft also netted the Texans the (4) additional picks (RD1, RD2, RD4, and a RD5) in 2024.

Last edited:
Many will not want us trading with Colts but if it gets Houston 4 + 35 + 2024 round one, I'd do it. Many on MB think these top four QBs not so good so we shouldn't not do a deal for fear QB would 'get us in future'.
Also, I build my team and let other teams worry about theirs. 1.4 would allow us to make other deals as I can see Atlanta and Lions trading up for QB and Seattle for QB or Will Anderson. Carter should not be on Seattle's board this high if at all and if Texans do not take Anderson then Cards will. Carte resolved the charges but he would have been better served to not appear at his pro day.

View attachment 11810

As I mentioned….I’d like a late RD1 and parley trades into a beast for RD2 and RD3.

I traded both WR- Brandin Cooks and WR- Nico Collins, but added WR- Denzel Mims, WR- Jalin Hyatt, and WR- Nathaniel “Tank” Dell. This group could help make the Texans receiving group one of the nastiest in the NFL.

I gave Pierce the help he needs by adding RB- Bijan Robinson to create a “very real” 2-Back system. Pierce-Robinson would be a new “Dynamic Duo” for DC’s to worry about.

I could sense a satisfied DeMeco Ryans if a draft yielded him ILB- Jack Campbell, DE- Isaiah Foskey, Athletic DE- Adetomiwa Adebawore, CB- Eli Ricks, and SS- JL Skinner. These pieces with the veteran pieces already assembled would really fill in some areas of need while providing projected starters who’ll be rotating in year one as they learn their positions.

Hendon Hooker provides the needed answer for QB1 of the future.

Finally, adding C- Luke Wypler, OG/C- Steve Avila, and OG- Andrew Vorhees gives the team an immediate answer at C and (2) solid Guards for the OL who would rotate until ready for starting rolls. TE- Darnell Washington provides much needed TE blocking to go along with his crazy physical gifts that could make him a massive target for the teams QB’s.

Oh, the Texans draft was over at the end of RD3….also, screw the PFF grading systems b/c they’re slanted to take players I’ve targeted in past drafts. I prevented the simulator from taking players graded much later by making these trades and selecting them earlier. In all honesty, I don’t think many of players selected are that far out of position.

This draft also netted the Texans the (4) additional picks (RD1, RD2, RD4, and a RD5) in 2024.

I would like to add a sleeper UDFA to this list in lieu of TE- Jordan Aikens move to the Browns. My answer is TE- Kemari Averett of Bethune-Cookman. He’s a 6-6 260 pound former basketball player who also played WR and TE in HS. Needless to say, this guy can catch when targeted. He originally went to Louisville before moving over to Bethune-Cookman. Might be a nice TE to pair up with Darnell Washington who is a higher rated TE, but is a similarly big and athletic TE. They would present a nice 2-TE Set b/c both can block and release to become nice targets for the QB.

Last edited:
Back