3-4 Article with Capers quotes

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by infantrycak, Jan 21, 2005.

1. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Link

2. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

Very good article. I found the section on how to attack a 3-4 defense was very interesting. The quote from Kerney about how he was getting beat up as an OLB last year when the Falcons were a 3-4 should illustrate why Dan Cody might not be suited well for a 3-4 defense. I was a bit surprised to learn that Minnesota is one of the teams considering switching to a 3-4. It just doesn't seem to me that they have the LBs needed for it. All in all it was a great read.

3. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Tha'ts a real good 3-4 article Infantrycak. I think it's more than a coincidence that all the 3-4 (or almost all of them) are American Conference
    teams, inarguably the superior circuit in the NFL.

4. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Just from watching what those 4 linebackers (Bruschi, Johnson, Vrabel, and McGinnest) did to Manning and gang, I'd say that was one of the best advertisements of the 3-4 that I've ever seen.

I can't believe Dallas is thinking about switching to the 3-4. That's the first I've heard about that one.