2nd Wide Reciever?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexanSam, Jan 5, 2006.

1. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Do you guys think the Texans will sign a wide reciever to take some pressure off of Andre Johnson? Corey Bradford should be released. He hasn't done anything this year. Jabar Gaffney seems like he would be a good 3rd wide reciever, but I don't think he's good enough to be a 2nd. I know Reggie Wayne is a free agent. I would love to have him. Thoughts?

2. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Gaffney is also a FA. I suspect that you will see the Texans will sign some boring veteran who is 50-60 catch type guy.

3. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

They have some talent there already, so I don't think they will go looking. They already have Mathis, Armstrong, and Gaffney, and have shown that they can use Gaffney particularly well. Besides, if they draft Reggie, that's another receiving threat.

4. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

Gaffney and Armstrong are FAs and I would think Gaff would be back and Armstrong might be gone. Gaff reminds me of T.J. Housh we just need the system that exploits his strengths.

5. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Mathis would be cool to have there.

6. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

We are alright at WR unless we start losing alot of players. We dont need anyone new.

7. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

what is the deal with charles rogers, i heard some reports of him being released or something like that. I think, at the right price, he could be worth a gamble...