Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2nd Round pick, Parrish or Arrington?

O.G.

Waterboy
On ESPN's draft, they have the Texans getting Roscoe Parrish WR from University of Miami-FL. If you had to choose between him or J.J. Arrington, RB from California, if either were available which I think they would be, who would you pick? I think I would pick J.J. Arrington if we didn't pick up Benson in the first round since crtics say his stock is dropping. What does everyone think?

I really wouldnt like either. But I guess if I had to choose I would take Arrington. I just think parish is too small.

I think we would only take Parrish based on a rec from Andre - which would make it interesting. I prefer Gibson as a WR in the 2nd.

I do not think we need a 2nd rd RB. Either we take a RB that slides in the 1st (Williams or Benson) or we take a long shot in th 4th rd or later (Gore/Clarrett/etc.). We already have enough RBs that fall into the category of potential talent but not yet proven, which is what we get after the top 3 RBs in the draft. I would rather wait and see if DDavis can stay healthy or Hollings can get his act straight than draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd and have him sit at the end of the bench (then when he does get in he will make rookie mistakes but show enough promise to hang around for years). Better to either take the stud that should start or just let our current guys fight it out and see who should be the starter.

One exception - the midget RB Sproles (5-5, 185), if he is as quick as reported, he would be worth a 3rd round pick just to have him on special teams.

If we get a running back in the later rounds I am praying we get Eric Shelton from Louisville.

I think Roscoe Parrish gives everyone that WR/PR that everyone wants. Remember more valuable if he contributes as a WR also.

i think kay-jay harris in the 4th or cedric houston in the 5th will solve any runningback problems we could have...if you give me an option between parrish or arrington i'll take parrish...he maybe on the small side but with the way miami recievers have been playing in the nfl i think he's worth the risk...he could be a lot like santana moss who is smaller than parrish

Between any to players of equal talent two you have to take the guy from Miami, That school just pumps out NFL studs year after year.

You didn't say(ESPN) who Texans' first round pick was. Personally, I wouldn't choose either. IMO, Texans will go with either Williamson/Clayton or Ware/Merriman in first.
1. WR or OLB/DE
2. LB or OL
3a. CB or WR
3b.OL or RB
4. DL or CB

Beyond the first I think it's daft to say who you'd like to pick, because there's so much room for strange things to happen before you get there. BPA outside the first round is nearly always someone who has fallen and is available later than expected. One reason why I think trading up is usually a really bad move.

I think Arrington is overrated. He is fast but not real elusive and was one of the easier guys to hit at the pro bowl. He just didn't make many tacklers miss. I think he is a product of the system in Cal and will end up like the fast but non-elusive 1st round ex-Falcon pick Steve Broussard.

I think that is a very good comparison (Arrington and Broussard) neither one could make anyone miss and you cant run in a straight line downfeild no matter how fast you are.

Vinny said:
I think Arrington is overrated. He is fast but not real elusive and was one of the easier guys to hit at the pro bowl. He just didn't make many tacklers miss. I think he is a product of the system in Cal and will end up like the fast but non-elusive 1st round ex-Falcon pick Steve Broussard.

I agree here. If you watch his highlight film, the only times he breaks a run for a long gain is when he is hit, and the guy doesnt take him down. Then he goes long.

But there is no way an NFL player is going to hit him, and slide off like these chump NCAA players. (note: not all NCAA players are chumps.)

Hey, quick question to anyone. Would Eric Shelton of Louisville be an upgrade over Johnathan Wells? They have basically the same build?

O.G. said:
Hey, quick question to anyone. Would Eric Shelton of Louisville be an upgrade over Johnathan Wells? They have basically the same build?

Sorry... My vote would be for getting Darren Sproles...

Yes, he would be. Shel is a good deal faster and is considered pretty explosive, you should think of him in the mold of a jamal Lewis, but with not as much talent so more of a Chris Brown of Tenn. which is not bad. I don't like either Parrish or Arrington, personally I like Reggie Brown or Gibson from Georgia if we go that route, but I would rather a OL or trade down to pick up more picks in the late second or early third and grab Jerome Mathis of Hampton, maybe Earnest Shazor also.

cadahnic said:
Yes, he would be. Shel is a good deal faster and is considered pretty explosive, you should think of him in the mold of a jamal Lewis, but with not as much talent so more of a Chris Brown of Tenn. which is not bad. I don't like either Parrish or Arrington, personally I like Reggie Brown or Gibson from Georgia if we go that route, but I would rather a OL or trade down to pick up more picks in the late second or early third and grab Jerome Mathis of Hampton, maybe Earnest Shazor also.

So where do you think he will go in the draft?

Back