Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

2019 Training Camp

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by amazing80, Jul 25, 2019.

1. maverick512000

maverick512000 Hall of Fame

Not buying this, BoB has recently said something along the lines of he has a say in all personal decisions. Now I for one think he meant since Gaine was fired but that’s a different debate. I don’t think Cal is so arrogant as to be making these calls alone otherwise why not just declare himself the GM and be Jerry Jones 2.0. Not like anyone could stop him.

Cal maybe steering the ship but BoB is the navigator right now. The very idea that he has no idea about the Clowney trade rumors or what the Texans plan is either ludicrous or worrying for BoB because it means he’s been cut way way out of the loop.

2. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

CWTexansFan and thunderkyss like this.
  3. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

No, no that would be you slim. You're in here debating crap that noone has even been disputing bro. Pulling out every qualifier & excuse for the defense & doing the opposite for the offense.

4. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

How so?

5. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

OB clearly stated that he has had the same level of input on personnel decisions as he has had all along, whether the GM was RS or BG.

maverick512000 and JB like this.
  6. Dejaview

Dejaview All Pro

I’m sure OB and everybody on that GM team know exactly the current situation. But I have no doubt at all that Cal has put a muffler on the issue. There are a lot of dollars at stake in this situation no matter the direction it takes. Why does his style of dismissing that question bother you? He’s pretty blunt most of the time. He gets hammered here for being blunt and dismissive. Doesn’t matter. I was in O&g and there were ALWAYS possible acquisitions at large. Needless to say it was very f-ing clear that you never spoke about it. NEVER. This is different? Nope.

7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss It's good to be me... again. Staff Member

My friend, you're living in the past. Our defense has not been the "good" defense we've been accustomed to since Wade got here.

First round picks going to offense, bargain FAs, the last first round pick the defense got hasn't been healthy... we're running on fumes man.

JB and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  8. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

This whole post is an excuse train for the defense...even though you try to downplay it as such. I mean "bad luck".....really? the opposing offense going 4-4 on 4th down down doesn't happen to good defenses. Good defenses get off the field.

You also like to conveniently ignore the situations. The seattle game in 2017, the pats game in 2017, the eagles game 2018 & the 2nd Colts game in 2018....A good defense stops their opponent in those end of game situations. Our defense failed in every single 1 of those end of game drives. Good defenses don't give up those drives & the situation has to be taken into account when you grade them. That is something the stats you use don't capture. What the offense & defense did prior doesn't matter. What are they doing inthe most crucial times in those games? The evidence says they're not living up to their billing if stopping/limiting the offense is their foremost primary job.

Finally, field position for both offense & defense isn't just attributed to the defense getting TO's..its most often attributed to ST & you very often have held it against the offense in several posts but you don't do the same for the defense. 50% of Daniels punts last year he dropped inside the 20 for the defense....that made him top 5. You really don't think that had any positive effect on the defense? You're either being obtuse are naive...I think both.

There are tons of other examples, but you get the point. Stats don't capture everything.

CWTexansFan, austins23 and JB like this.
  9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss It's good to be me... again. Staff Member

Actually, RAC is assistant HC, defense.

I don't think O'Brien has any meaningful input on Defense.

BO'b: I think we should try Dylan Cole at NT."

RAC: "Yeah, I'll take that into consideration." (not)

10. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Yep, one of 3 voices, no more or less

Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

11. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

Lol you think their 3rd round pick isn’t going to make the roster because two other players “flashed” in the first preseason game.

CWTexansFan likes this.
  12. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

right...made this point some time ago about Crennel sharing some of the blame for decisions being made as well....what i got was them moving the goal posts about "oh, that's just a title...he really doesn't have anything to do with the bad personnel decisions...that's all BoB" So which is it?

13. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

No, b/c they both flashed last year in the regular season, have been in the system for 2 years now...& they flashed in the preseason game & are healthy....at least 1 of them anyway. Besides, i clarified that if Warring makes it, he'll likely be dropped on the IR designated to return later in the season at the expense of 1 of the other TE's.

14. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

I blame RAC for colvin, but he gets credit for the depth and good draft picks. Roby looks good in camp.

Also O'Brien gets blame for hogging all the picks and money for the offense. Trading a second rounder instead of just cutting Osweiler? Smh

15. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Ummm, first year for the blocking Fells, but he did flash some hands

Mr teX likes this.
  16. maverick512000

What in the blue hell are you talking about. Why don't you actually do some research, we have spent almost all our high draft picks on defense except for Fuller and Watson.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Texans_draft_history

As for Osweiler you really beleive that BoB would be allowed to cut him without Smith signing off on it? You really beleive Smith would be willing to just cut him after the headlines his signing made?

Man you are getting more and more delusional when it comes to Bill O'Brien. Next you'll be linking him to JFK.

17. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

OB on the hill!

18. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

Lol so you think trading a second rounder to avoid bad headlines is worth it?

It took OBrien like 5 picks and that massive Osweiler contract to find his QB. He traded 3 picks for strong. He brought in Jeff Allen and kelemente. He drafted xsf and Martin with high picks. He's drafted tons of gadget and speed players.

How many picks has he wasted looking for his Gronk?

All a big waste because we all agree the offense is bad.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  19. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

So basically you like DVOA and PFF grades because they take that stuff into account

20. maverick512000

So in your mind we have not had a GM or anybody that decides any trades or personal decisions except BoB since the day he got here. In your mind he is solely responsible for all the F ups that this team has had.

I honestly don't know how to talk to you because you have abandoned all logic, reason and rational discussion for blind hate.

sandman likes this.