2019 NFL Mock drafts.

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Texansphan, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mollywhopper

Mollywhopper Facilitator

Relax, no one is saying you can't post your own mock. He's just meaning to keep the boards a bit organized.

JB, OptimisticTexan and FuzzyLogic like this.
  2. WolverineFan

WolverineFan Hall of Fame

I'm not nearly as big a fan of Trent Brown as most on this board seem to be. He was very protected in NE's system as they have one of the quickest passing games in the league and used Gronk and Allen as extra OT's quite frequently. You could say the same thing about Solder last year and we all saw him get exposed in NY.

I don't think he will transition well to the Texans. I don't think the OB-NE parallel works at all. It doesn't matter how much OB wants his offense to mirror the Pats. He's had years and it's never been close. Brown will be put 1-on-1 a lot here and Watson holds the ball longer than any QB in the league.

3. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I've gotta disagree with you WF. He looked great in the playoffs regardless of what PFF said. He had a better season than the year that Solder had the year before. Certainly a huge upgrade over Davenport, particularly in pass pro.

But let's say you're right, front load a contract for 2 years and take a chance. Teams rarely let LT's walk and when they do it's usually because of 1. Cap hell 2. Injury. Think Kalil and Whitworth/Okung. Sometimes you've just gotta take a chance. Plus Brown has been relatively healthy and did quite well for playing LT for the first time in his life last year. The only reason they will let him go is 1. They badly need to re-sign Flowers.

I checked on the Pats MB after reading the PFF grade and read what their fans were saying because I wanted to know if they thought like I did (Brown was more than serviceable) and some of them wanted to keep Brown over Flowers and really appreciated the job Brown did protecting Brady.

What this comes down to is, will the Texans be better off paying Brown 10-12 mil per year to protect Watson, or will they be better off drafting a guy like Dillard/Cajuste and having them protect Watson. I'm for doing both just in case Brown was to get hurt.

What I don't ever want to see again is Davenport playing LT.

4. zshawn10

zshawn10 Hall of Fame

Texans Mock Draft Survey 7.0

Mollywhopper, justmy2cents and JB like this.
  5. justmy2cents

justmy2cents Veteran

Please sir, may I have .... Dillard, Edwards, and Lindstrom .... unless Williams happens to still be there ?

OptimisticTexan likes this.
  6. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Charley Casserly's NFL.com mock draft. has the Texans taking Temple CB Rock Ya-Sin (after 5 OTs go off board by #18). No Ed Oliver or Greedy Williams in the 1st. Might be time to get Charley's room ready at the rest home.

JB and steelbtexan like this.
  7. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Cant believe this guy was a GM. Now he's gotten a job evaluating talent for NFLN. Guess it's true what they say. Who you know is sometimes better than what you know. Casserly is living proof.

JB likes this.
  8. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

About the only thing to say here is that some GM is going to make a pick that looks silly in Feb(and maybe even in May) and some highly regarded prospect is going to fall out of the favor, but outside of that, please continue to make fun of Casserly

9. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

True

Difference is Casserly was consistently bad.

ArlingtonTexan likes this.
  10. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Think the Texans should take a look at Matt Paradis if Denver lets him walk?

:coffee:

11. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

If the Texans signed Paradise and Trent Brown in FA and traded up for Dillard, I would be very happy.

That would be investing in the OL

I doubt it happens due to rht love affair with Martin. Another interior ol I like alot is Lindstrom. He's a long time starter in the NFL.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019 at 9:37 AM
  12. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Yea he performed well in the P/Os to include the SB which is effectively an audition for free agency on the greatest stage of all in the NFL. So his timing was absolutely impeccable.
    I'm gonna be surprised if the Pats are able to keep him because he's now got his SB ring and wants to get paid. As we all know the Pats drafted another offensive tackle
    in the first round of the 2018 Draft (missed his rookie year on IR), to cover Brady's blind side so along with Brown & agents expectations to have a big payday I think he's gonna walk.
    The only question I have now is who signs him ? Of course hope it's the Texans but lots of uncertainty with so many other teams bidding for his services.

steelbtexan likes this.
  13. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

All it is going to take is 15 mil per season over 5 years. Top 10 OT money. This is the risk .