2019 NFL Mock drafts.

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Texansphan, Jan 27, 2019.

1. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

But how will he fare against the JJ Watt's and Khalil Mack's of the NFL?

2. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I think he can be a very good RT.

JB likes this.
  3. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I get your point but he would not play against either 2019. Possibly he would not have to start either OT although possibly at LG. Of significance is his ability to play all but center.

JB likes this.
  4. justmy2cents

justmy2cents Veteran

A thought that keeps haunting me .... we don't just need a left tackle for our line .... we need closer to most ! We could trade down a few spots, picking up an extra pick or two and put together a very good right side. Then maybe a DB and a RB. I am not completely convinced that Davenport and Rankin won't be able to start fitting and gelling on the left side. By the end of the season, we will know if we absolutely must draft a left side, or even a center, in 2020. Probably won't be a popular idea .... but it continues to vex me.

5. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

:confused:

6. OptimisticTexan

OptimisticTexan Hall of Fame

Pretty much why I've suddenly been mocking, Risner (RT, OC, RG) and McCoy (OC, OG) to the Texans. Wouldn't mind landing Hyatt (LT) if he's still on the board late in RD3. Dang, really missing that RD4 pick.

justmy2cents likes this.
  7. justmy2cents

justmy2cents Veteran

JB, what I'm saying is .... because Jonah Williams will not be available to us, maybe we should go at the problem bass-ackwards. I don't see any flicker of a hope for the future of our current right side. If we can't get to the left tackle that we want, maybe we get an excellent RT and RG .... and see if the current left side can continue to grow. In all probability, they would start there anyway - as Williams and (partner) eased in. It's not a perfect remedy at all .... but it's safe. Let me draft and I'll mortgage the farm for the best front five in the draft. Unfortunately, many of us are already talking about receivers, LBs, and even DL. I'm just trying to avoid mediocrity at any of the 5 positions that I place such great importance upon !

OptimisticTexan, JB and steelbtexan like this.
  8. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

It should be noted that the best pass rushers the Texans will face in 2019 (Von Miller, Joey Bosa, Cam Jordan) will be coming from the offensive right side.

9. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

An extra second is not chopper liver!

OptimisticTexan and justmy2cents like this.
  10. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

This is why It's imperative to spend the $$$$/picks to fix both OT positions. If they fix LT atleast they can double team/chip on the right side, but really both sides need to be fixed. Watson wont last long getting sacked 62 times a yr. Speaking of getting sacked 62 times, how does Devlin still have a job and that's giving him the benefit of the lack of talent doubt. 62 times is unacceptable regardless even with Watson contributing to them by holding onto the ball too long.

OptimisticTexan likes this.

11. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

12. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Gelling? More like Davenport floating.

Give me Little in the 1st and Scharping in the 3rd and I will be happy. But if Gaine used both 2's to trade up into the late 1st to draft both Little and Risner I wouldn't complain at all.

13. zshawn10

zshawn10 Hall of Fame

Todd McShay’s 2019 NFL Mock Draft 2.0: Predictions for every first-round pick

FuzzyLogic and Lucky like this.
  14. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Figures that McShay would give the Texans the most oddball pick in his mock.

FuzzyLogic and OptimisticTexan like this.
  15. Mollywhopper

Mollywhopper Facilitator

F*ck that noise. Not with Murphy on the board.

justmy2cents, OptimisticTexan and JB like this.
  16. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

Man, with Mullen and Murphy still there that is tough, but that does mean a good handful of OT's are available in the second round. Dillard, Little, Risner, Cajuste, and Edwards are all guys who have been mocked in the first round. One of those guys would be there in round 2 for us.

If we were able to go CB and OT with our first two picks, one guy I'd really be tempted on is Iowa TE Noah Fant. I just see A. Hernandez with him talent wise which seems like a perfect fit with a QB who likes to roll out. That TE drag or seam if lined up in the slot could be unguardable given the necessary shaded protection needed to cover Hopkins.

OptimisticTexan and JB like this.
  17. OptimisticTexan

OptimisticTexan Hall of Fame

Picking at 23 in RD2.....a lot of those OT's are going to be gone before the Texans 2nd pick. I would trade back and hopefully get the OT and another pick. Give me a tag and trade of Clowney and suddenly I'm sitting on potentially another RD1 or RD2 and a RD3 or RD4. Give me 3 extra picks inside the first 4 rounds and man I'm going shopping.

18. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Looks like McKays mock is current but I thought that anybody who's done a mock since the Senior Bowl would have one or more of Dillard, Little, or Risner on his mock ?

JB likes this.
  19. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Simmons going #7 with his video floating around is not realistic. Especially when there are DTs as good or better available.

I think the Ole Miss WRs are being overrated a bit. Samuel and Harry are the complete WRs in this draft.

I think he's a very good O-lineman, but Jonah Williams won't go #5 in this draft.

Bosa is #1 on every mock. I think Josh Allen will be the pick. But Arizona may not be the team at #1 when it's all said and done.

20. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I might trade down 3 or 4 picks if the draft fell this way. But probably not.

I wouldn't trade Clowney.

OptimisticTexan likes this.