Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2015 NFL Preseason games

Are you in the Houston area? Is so is. This a Sunday Ticket event. I can't find that is televised on Uverse.

ST's in Austin, although I guess that's not necessarily where his ex lives.

No local TV, no Sunday Ticket for the Cowboys - Niners (No Sunday Ticket for preseason at all). There's an online package available from NFL.com, but it's not free, and I think you're buying the entire preseason.

ST's in Austin, although I guess that's not necessarily where his ex lives.

No local TV, no Sunday Ticket for the Cowboys - Niners (No Sunday Ticket for preseason at all). There's an online package available from NFL.com, but it's not free, and I think you're buying the entire preseason.

There is no more preseason package. It's rolled into the NFL Game Pass. You get replays of all the NFL games from the current and recent seasons plus current preseason live and on demand.

Are you in the Houston area? Is so is. This a Sunday Ticket event. I can't find that is televised on Uverse.

ChampionTexan is right in that I'm in Austin. Funny, my ex threw a shoe before the game started. I went home and watched the game in peace. Oh, fwiw, we had a local feed. Austin doesn't skimp on their Cowboys. :D

It did look malicious but the penalty call was wrong. It was an option play and he was not attempting a pass. Maybe an unnecessary roughness call but not roughing the passer.
Yeah, just some kind of personal foul.

Knowing the situation and right off the bat like that -- neither of which are factors the referees can consider-- I'd have kicked him out of the game, I think. Might suspend him now. To me, his intent was to injure. I think he made a decision beforehand to blast him, go low.

The NFL head official says no foul or penalty of any sort????????????????
NFL head of officiating Dean Blandino appeared on NFL Network this morning and said of Suggs’s hit, “It’s not a foul.”

The referee called roughing the passer on the play, but Blandino said the ref was mistaken and that he plans to communicate with all of the league’s officials this week to make sure they understand that quarterbacks are to be treated as runners unless they are clearly in a passing posture or clearly don’t have the ball.

“If the quarterback has an option, he’s considered a runner until he either clearly doesn’t have the football or he re-establishes himself as a passer,” Blandino said. “So it’s not a foul by rule. It’s something that we’ll make sure that we cover with our game officials because the defensive end coming off the edge, he doesn’t know if the quarterback is going to keep it, he doesn’t know if he’s going to take off and run or drop back and so we treat the quarterback in that instance as a runner until he clearly re-establishes as a passer or until he clearly doesn’t have the football.”

Blandino’s comments are vindication for Suggs, who said after the game that he had done nothing wrong. The Eagles may think Suggs is a dirty player, but the hit was a legal play.
link

The NFL head official says no foul or penalty of any sort????????????????
link

It would be nice if they start calling it that way, but they haven't been. In the past, it's been as if they consider him a QB as long as he's behind the LOS. If he's clearly not a passer, incidental contact to the helmet should not be "roughing the passer"

I agree.

That was an inside handoff and Suggs launched himself into the side/back of QBs knees. I think hit intent was to injure, but can't prove intent. But you're going to lose a lot of QBs if that tackle isn't a foul.

I think Chip is mistating the case. He wasn't just in shotgun, it was a read option play. Having said that, I think Blandino was wrong as well. The QB even where he was a 'runner' after handing off again becomes subject to personal foul after some subjective away from the play period/distance. I think Suggs could have been flagged in that fashion.

Kind of sticky situation.

You might get into penalizing players for being fooled by a good fake.

Well that's why I was correcting Chip. Typical straight back play action I don't think there is any call for hitting the QB. Read option is a whole 'nother critter.

TK... she's back!

-a0ded0d236b273f9.jpg

AJ McCarron's NFL debut at hand 599 days after last college game

Cincinnati @Tampa Bay 7:00 PM CT ESPN

The game has potential for a good one considering it is preseason game two, but the number of penalties on TB is quite distracting. Winston is looking good and Dalton is looking bad.

Jamies looked good, about what I expected. He was in command and actually saved his team after they were constantly commiting penalties.

Lovie Smith looks like he is running the 4-3 Over, the same defense that Pete Carroll ran at USC and now in Seattle and it's working well.

I agree.

That was an inside handoff and Suggs launched himself into the side/back of QBs knees. I think hit intent was to injure, but can't prove intent. But you're going to lose a lot of QBs if that tackle isn't a foul.
Not that anyone would listen to me, but if you want to protect the QB from that type of hit, then make him ineligible to advance the ball on the ground. Perhaps give him a jersey with pink trim to "protect" him from the men in the game.

ps The intent to injure is more common than the NFL would have you believe. Suh is a case in point. Perhaps eliminate hits below the thigh and going airborne (both offense and defense) as a counter measure. But that's not really going to happen.

Last edited:
Shlake Shortles with a nice spin move and run for a first down. Made a couple nice throws including a TD Not looking terrible.

Cam Newton looking terrible vs Pats.
Tom Brady is getting owned by Panthers.

Tom Brady doesn't play well this time of the year.
Yet, he's always big time in January and February.
Perhaps he's been playing with "legal balls" in the preseason.

TJ Yeldon just got POPPED on a goal line stand. Called a TD, looked like ball never crossed...then he fumbled.

Seems like Alex Smith has found himself a reliable target receiver in Maclin and possibly a TE this year........our week 1 opponent may not be as much of a pushover as once thought.

Seems like Alex Smith has found himself a reliable target receiver in Maclin and possibly a TE this year........our week 1 opponent may not be as much of a pushover as once thought.
You may be right, but I never thought of them as a pushover. Just more as a team we SHOULD beat.

KC has been 2nd and 5th D on points the last 2 years. Led the league in sacks last year with 54 to our 38 (2nd year before with 57. Not sure why anyone thinks they will be a pushover.

KC has been 2nd and 5th D on points the last 2 years. Led the league in sacks last year with 54 to our 38 (2nd year before with 57. Not sure why anyone thinks they will be a pushover.

The reason I posted what I did was because many on this MB have listed KC as a win in the 1 st 4 games of the season, even if Foster is out, based on the fact that Smith and his passing offense has been relatively unreliable. So now, not only do we have to worry about numbers put up by Jamal Charles, but likely also those put up by Smith. And now Hoyer is our offense along with a questionable RB crew. Our defense better be very sharp.........and Hoyer better not fold to KC's defense.

You may be right, but I never thought of them as a pushover. Just more as a team we SHOULD beat.

Is that because their stud RB & LT are recovering from injury, they can't find a starting LG, have a wish & a hope starting at Center & they have Cleveland's reject at QB? No wait, that's us...

The reason I posted what I did was because many on this MB have listed KC as a win in the 1 st 4 games of the season, even if Foster is out, based on the fact that Smith and his passing offense has been relatively unreliable. So now, not only do we have to worry about numbers put up by Jamal Charles, but likely also those put up by Smith. And now Hoyer is our offense along with a questionable RB crew. Our defense better be very sharp.........and Hoyer better not fold to KC's defense.

Yeah... that's the August heat talking. I doubt we'll be favored to start the season. Most likely KC -3

Edit: I just checked, it's Texans -1.5 seems KC is gimpy at both tackle spots & Poe isn't expected to play.

Last edited:
Yeah... that's the August heat talking. I doubt we'll be favored to start the season. Most likely KC -3

Edit: I just checked, it's Texans -1.5 seems KC is gimpy at both tackle spots & Poe isn't expected to play.

Since we're home team, usually an automatic 3 point favorite.........doesn't in any way make feel very confident. With our Oline also having some real questions as to its composition and chemistry (maybe better answered tonight, but not so sure if they only play together a few series) including now Brown's wrist injury..........

He's also incredibly quick from the neck up. Once the season gets under way and he gets a chance to run routes and make plays as a slot underneath and on plays away from Jimmy Graham, look the eff out. Russell Wilson's gotta be the happiest nutjob goin right now.

Back