2014 NFL Free Agents: Top Players at Every Position

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Heath Shuler, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Heath Shuler

Heath Shuler worst 2 1st

the rest:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1901852-2014-nfl-free-agents-top-players-at-every-position

I wonder what the market is for McCown?

2. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

McCown is 34. I wouldn't touch him unless I got Trestman in the deal. And Marshall. And Jeffrey. And Cutler to back him up.

3. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Not a lot to like on that list, IMO. There's a couple of good players on that list but I'd like to avoid getting into a bidding war.

I know some of you guys would like Cutler but I'm not interested. We would have to offer a long term deal, which is not okay with me.

Slauson could be an option at OG.

I would really like to get Paul Soliai at NT. I think he's underrated.

Daryl Smith or Brandon Spikes would be nice if we stay with the 34.

T.J. Ward would be awesome but it would cost us.

4. CretorFrigg

CretorFrigg Fire Rick Smith

I wouldn't mind signing Cutler. He can start immediately and thebrookie QB can learn behind him. Cutler played behind one of the worst pass blocking o-lines in the league at a city where QBs go to die. He's got a cannon arm and some wheels to get him out of trouble.

5. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

He had a 4500 yard season once but in general, he's a 3000 yards a year and 80 rating guy. A lot of potential that never developed.

6. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Agreed. The only reason to sign Cutler is as a stop gap. So we're not forced to start our young QB.

I hope McNair is truly in win now mode... not willing to accept a losing season in 2014. To me, win now does not start with rookie QB.

That doesn't stop us from drafting a talented QB. It doesn't stop us from drafting Bridgewater. Heck, Bridgewater, Mettenberger, or even David Fales could start if they beat out whoever we sign in training camp, proving that he is ready to start.

I'm not saying that a rookie QB means we won't win in 2014. Luck, RG3, Russell Wilson are examples where that wasn't the case. But signing a veteran QB hedges our bets.

7. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I don't disagree with any of that at all. In my perfect world, we draft Bridgewater and sign Vick to a one year deal, and Vick starts every game without getting hurt. Then we go into the next year with Teddy ready to start.

Problem with my scenario is the same as the Cutler scenario. Neither one of those guys is likely to make it through a full season.

8. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

That list...

[​IMG]

9. WolverineFan

WolverineFan Hall of Fame

FWIW, B.J. Raji turned down a contract extension from GB recently. However, the reason he wants out of GB is because he's tired of the 3-4 and wants to rush the passer again and get some sacks. He will likely target 4-3 teams, but it's unlikely GB let's him go. They will probably franchise him.