Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2014 NFL Free Agent Tracker

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Chicago Bears gave DE Jared Allen a four-year, $32M deal that voids down to three years of $24M, of which $15.5M is fully guaranteed.
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
#Eagles have made it known Pro Bowl guard Evan Mathis is available via trade, sources say. So WR DeSean Jackson is not alone on trade block
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Dolphins have renewed attempts to trade WR Mike Wallace during the league meetings. Teams doing homework on him. Contract makes it a tough trade

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Steelers gave RB LeGarrette Blount a two-year, $3.85M deal, including a $950K signing bonus.

RB Maurice Jones-Drew officially is an Oakland Raider, signing a 3-year deal with the team. Jones-Drew is going home.

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette · 26m
CB Brice McCain signs with #Steelers, according to agent David Canter. McCain was cut by Houston Texans after disappointing 2013 season.

PapaL

Loose Screw
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10721645/colt-mccoy-signs-washington-redskins

ASHBURN, Va. -- The Washington Redskins have signed quarterback Colt McCoy.

The contract was signed Thursday, giving the Redskins a new potential No. 3 quarterback to replace Rex Grossman. Grossman is a free agent after playing behind Robert Griffin III and Kirk Cousins the past two seasons.

McCoy could also compete for the No. 2 spot should the Redskins decide to trade Cousins.

A third-round draft pick in 2010 by the Cleveland Browns, McCoy started 21 games his first two seasons but has since been a backup. He played last year for San Francisco, appearing in four games and throwing one pass.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Most Guaranteed $$$ in RB/K/P deals this year:
K Robbie Gould $8.85M
K Dan Bailey $7.5M
RB D. Sproles $5.5M
P Pat McAfee $5.25M
RB Toby Gerhart $4.5M
Kickers/Punters > RBs...

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Former Titans RB Chris Johnson reached agreement with Jets on a two-year deal, per league sources.
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
It’s a one-year deal for the #Giants and QB Josh Freeman, source says. May get increased snaps as Eli recovers from surgery

mattieuk

All Pro
The Montreal Allouettes sign coveted free agent Chad 'Ocho Cinco' Johnson.

Suck it America, we got the best receiver in the game moving to the CFL. Oh wait...the guy who THINKS he is the best receiver in the game. Balls.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

playa465

Veteran
Cowboys agree with Amobi Okoye

From ESPN

The Dallas Cowboys have agreed to terms on a two-year contract with free-agent defensive tackle Amobi Okoye, his agents confirmed to ESPN.

Okoye, who was out of football last season due to an undisclosed medical issue, is reunited with Cowboys defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli, who coached Okoye with the Chicago Bears (2011-2012)....

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
what cheap o F/A would yall like to bring in I looked at the NE f/a roster this year and it looks pitiful in terms of WR's since I would think that would be the pool we would pull from LOL

badboy

Hall of Fame
what cheap o F/A would yall like to bring in I looked at the NE f/a roster this year and it looks pitiful in terms of WR's since I would think that would be the pool we would pull from LOL
Probably no one. I'd resign KJ, Pickett, Lewis, Newton and offer a deal just short of Duane Brown's to GB's RT Bryan Baluaga. I'd also sign Peyton Manning if released by Denver. *see the thread in Texans forum and my response outlining how it can be done.

Scooter

Funky
Probably no one. I'd resign KJ, Pickett, Lewis, Newton and offer a deal just short of Duane Brown's to GB's RT Bryan Baluaga
i agree, i'd prefer to see our efforts spent keeping our own. i think a right tackle can be found in the draft, so unless there's a flood of cheap linebackers i'd like us to focus more in house.

Wolf6151

All Pro
Probably no one. I'd resign KJ, Pickett, Lewis, Newton and offer a deal just short of Duane Brown's to GB's RT Bryan Baluaga. I'd also sign Peyton Manning if released by Denver. *see the thread in Texans forum and my response outlining how it can be done.
I'm very iffy on making an offer to KJ. I think someone will overpay for him and it shouldn't be us. I might make him a reasonable offer out of necessity rather than talent. I completely agree on trying to re-sign Pickett, Lewis, and Newton. If we re-sign Newton though then there's no need to make a run at Bulaga, no need to have one of them sitting on the bench while making FA money. I'll pass on Manning, I think he needs to realize the end is very near.