2012 Strength of Schedule by Team

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Dutchrudder, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder King of the Potato People

Copied from ESPN, I think it's interesting. It shows quality opponents as well, and it looks like the Texans are in good shape. Also, I really like to use this when picking defenses for Fantasy Football. FYI, the Texans D will be playing against Minny and Indy during week 15/16 for the playoffs, so get them if you can!

[​IMG]

2. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

dis means nothing what if when we play Greenbay Rodgers is hurt or something .. then dat will be a easssyyyyyy win

or kinda like when we played the colts last year wk 1 no peyton manning

or kinda like this year we play the phins when there 100% healthy it might be a lot eaiser for the bills when they play them in week 6 or something

besides we will prob play david garred and they will be playing tanahill or something

3. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Can you or anyone explain the random substitution of d for th? Why do it in this and that but not in the or in this the next time or them or they?

4. BCRich

BCRich Veteran

Totally disagree. This is a team sport, quality teams are quality teams. Things are going to change over the course of the season, for us just as much as the other team. We''re not playing Aaron Rodgers, we're playing the Packers with or without Rodgers, they''re going to ain several games.

To me, strength of schedule is useful fir setting expectations. That's how I judge a coach, a QB, a defense/offense. How does our team compared to other teams. If a team goes 8-8 against a weak schedule, to me that's different than vgoing 8-8 against a tougher schedule.

Same theory applies in college football. Confident coaches build a competitive schedule. They know it's going tks be tough & it really says something when they go undefeated or only lose one game. Coaches who pad their schedules with weak opponents won't fare so well in the eyes of their peers.

5. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

They should do a strength of non-division schedule -- more relevant, as division opponents usually play tougher against their rivals, teams they know better.

6. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

I've often wondered this myself, as well as teh instead of the

7. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Teams change from year to year, so this kind of thing really doesn't mean a whole lot. You can bet one thing though, teams that have the Texans on their schedule probably wish they didn't. That's a real change from just last year.

Meh. As always, the Texans will or they won't and in the end all that matters is how the Texans play, not who we are playing.

8. Fred

Fred All Pro

Norg was wrestling with Kenny Britt for control of the keyboard..

9. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    So true. The Texans are gonna kick some when the real season starts. I don't give a hoot about the final score in PS. I just want to see them play well.

Personally, I can't wait for the Ravens game. I think this is the year we get into the win column against them.

If ya can't tell, I'm pumped for this season! :gotexans1

10. Fili

Fili All Pro

Well the Pats have an easy schedule, again...