Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2011 Schedule

Well, if he's upset about it he's got no one to blame but himself. He never could get "that ox out of the ditch".

They only have 5 if you just count regular season games. The NFL limits teams to 6 at the most.

Actually, as I already corrected myself, the Cowboys have 7 prime time games (1 more than the 6 allowed).

They have 3 Sunday Night games, 1 Monday night game, 1 Thursday game (T-day), and 2 late season Saturday games, one of which is on NFLN. The 6-10 Cowboys will be in our face all year long.

The Texans have 1 Thursday night game on NFLN, with the same 6-10 record. We have zero games in broadcast prime time. The rest of the nation will likely forget that we are actually an NFL team.

If the NFL doesn't begin on the first regularly scheduled week, there will evidently be no adjustments/makeups planned. If the Texans/Colts opener doesn't occur, there would be some significant implications to the season.

I would rather have 3 0clock games over noon anytime....

I bet we get a sunday night this year......

1 monday night.....

1 thursday night.......

thats my prediction......

I still say we get a flex sunday night...(thinking positive)
surprised on the snub on mnf...oh well....guess that ravens game last year was not exciting enough for them....

still wish we had more 3 pm games......

like that rolling stone song....."cant always get what you want......."

I hate the strength of schedule argument. The really good teams don't have to play themselves twice a year. Skews the data.

Let's see I predict the Texans will be 0-0 starting October Thanks Lock out!
The Lock out saves Epic Fail's job!
:kubepalm:

Señor Stan;1681812 said:
I hate the strength of schedule argument. The really good teams don't have to play themselves twice a year. Skews the data.

SOS based on last year is meaningless to me anyway. Last year has nothing to do with this year.

Señor Stan;1681812 said:

Yep. And also as has been said around these parts about a billion times (and some still don't understand it) a whole lot of NFL teams just aren't the same team as they were the previous season.

Arguing strength of schedule is like arguing about the draft. Just because you have a high draft pick doesn't mean you will actually select a college player that will perform at the supposed level he was drafted at.

Yep. And also as has been said around these parts about a billion times (and some still don't understand it) a whole lot of NFL teams just aren't the same team as they were the previous season.

Arguing strength of schedule is like arguing about the draft. Just because you have a high draft pick doesn't mean you will actually select a college player that will perform at the supposed level he was drafted at.

Nobody is saying that there is a direct and binding correlation between SOS and this year's outcome. EVERYONE understands that, so please don't be so hard on "some."

SOS is one of many gauges that one can use to get a fix on and make predictions about this year's season. It cannot be relied on as the gospel, but neither should it be entirely discounted. It is what it is, something to talk about and this is the place where we talk about it. Some still don't undertand that.

Pre draft record

Colts -W
@Dolphins -W
@Saints - W
Steelers - W
Raiders - W
@Ravens - W
@Titans - W
Jaguars - W
Browns - W
@Bucs - W
@Jaguars - W
Falcons - L
@Bengals - W
Panthers - W
@Colts - W
Titans - L

I predict teh Titans and COlts both meltdown and it will be a two way race between us and the JAGS thus the last 3 weeks we will be playing for nothing due to the lost to ATL at home if we some how win that game i pretty sure we will try and go for a perfect record and not rest our players

All the teams we beat, and Atlanta gets us at home?

If we go 8-8 this year, what reason will we be given for Kubiak's return for 2012? Improvement over 2010, injuries, too tough a schedule, the other owners saying they see improvement (my personal favorite)? You know it's coming.

Colts -L
@Dolphins -W
@Saints - L
Steelers - L
Raiders - W
@Ravens - L
@Titans - W
Jaguars - W
Browns - W
@Bucs -L
@Jaguars - L
Falcons - L
@Bengals - L
Panthers - W
@Colts - W
Titans - L

Typical 7-9. Just being realistic here...been burned too many times.

Nobody is saying that there is a direct and binding correlation between SOS and this year's outcome. EVERYONE understands that, so please don't be so hard on "some."

SOS is one of many gauges that one can use to get a fix on and make predictions about this year's season. It cannot be relied on as the gospel, but neither should it be entirely discounted. It is what it is, something to talk about and this is the place where we talk about it. Some still don't undertand that.

Well, on the bolded part, you are 100% correct. Carry on.

I see anywhere between 5 and 12 wins on the schedule.

Exactly. LOL

So much for waiting for the labor dispute. Planning on going to Denver at Miami Week 7 and then driving up for Baltimore at Jacksonville on Monday night. Love a good road trip. :)

At a Glance
Colts -L (week1 of new Defense vs. Peyton - are you kidding?)
@Dolphins -W (rebound for a road win)
@Saints - L (Torched in NOLA - Brees has 5 TDs)
Steelers - L (They shut down the run and Brown folds on Schaub's blind side)
Raiders - W (No Aso, No winno)
@Ravens - W (Revenge for last year! Defense begins to gel.)
@Titans - W (Munchak proves that good guys sometimes finish last)
Jaguars - W (No batted ball at the end, we win going away.)
Browns - W (They're better, but so are we.)
@Bucs - W (Bucs are still a year away)
@Jaguars - W
Falcons - L (DRob gets a pick six to seal the win)
@Bengals - L (Can't find a way to beat the Bungles...in OT)
Panthers - W (Even Cam Newton won't help the rest of an awful team)
@Colts - L (Same-old, same old....we get owned)
Titans - W (As they say at Aeros games..."and they STILL suck!")

10-6 - We back into a wild-card spot.

Weeks 3 to 6 worry me. Saints, Steelers, Raiders, Ravens. That's 4 tough out of division games. Kubiak has his work cut out for him.

At a Glance
Colts -L (week1 of new Defense vs. Peyton - are you kidding?)
@Dolphins -W (rebound for a road win)
@Saints - L (Torched in NOLA - Brees has 5 TDs)
Steelers - L (They shut down the run and Brown folds on Schaub's blind side)
Raiders - W (No Aso, No winno)
@Ravens - W (Revenge for last year! Defense begins to gel.)
@Titans - W (Munchak proves that good guys sometimes finish last)
Jaguars - W (No batted ball at the end, we win going away.)
Browns - W (They're better, but so are we.)
@Bucs - W (Bucs are still a year away)
@Jaguars - W
Falcons - L (DRob gets a pick six to seal the win)
@Bengals - L (Can't find a way to beat the Bungles...in OT)
Panthers - W (Even Cam Newton won't help the rest of an awful team)
@Colts - L (Same-old, same old....we get owned)
Titans - W (As they say at Aeros games..."and they STILL suck!")

10-6 - We back into a wild-card spot.

Thats funny right there!!!:spit:

Colts -L
@Dolphins -W
@Saints - L
Steelers - L
Raiders - W
@Ravens - L
@Titans - W
Jaguars - W
Browns - W
@Bucs -L
@Jaguars - L
Falcons - L
@Bengals - L
Panthers - W
@Colts - W
Titans - L

Typical 7-9. Just being realistic here...been burned too many times.

How do we lose @Cincy when they have a rookie QB o wait THe bungals will prob Pick up Vince young

Pre-draft: 8-8 (waiting until after the draft / pre-season for final prediction)

Wade has enough to handle each week trying to field a competent defense that's at least mediocre (better than last year)?

at a Glance

Colts -W- To much of a run game from the 3 headed monters Foster/Tate/Ward and this will be our motto this year is to relay on the run due two 3 years of kinda neglating our Offensive with Good players
@Dolphins -W we are simply better then last time we played them and they have gotten Worse
@Saints - W agian to much of a run game for New orleans and Wade jr knows how to beat the saints remember when Dallas beat the undeafted saints
Steelers -W if your going to play the steelers Its best to play them at home this game will be a shootout good thing we have AJ on our team and SB hangover come on
Raiders - W its da Raiders
@Ravens - W this time we get it right
@Titans - at 5-0 the texans will be feeling pretty high u know i cant never decided between these divison games on the road no matter how much we think the titans crumble they play us hard its deff a rivial game so W-L-????
Jaguars - W
Browns - W
@Bucs - W
@Jaguars -L at 10-0 we simply just get tired of winning now we might win this but it hard to judge how good the jags will be at this point they might be a 8 win team just two game behind us or it really depends on how movited the texans are to go perfect becasue by this point the buzz would have already began on how this is our Dream Season
Falcons - IF we win at jags this will be a win if we lose then well this will be a LOss due to lack of effort due to alredy bunching in our ticket or one game from punching it
@Bengals - W
Panthers - W
@Colts - L
Titans - W finish strong

13-3 #1 seed in the AFC

Why does the NFL.com schedule show us as having 2 bye weeks and only 15 games
45961553-a4ec-ee84.jpg

You're reading it upside down. :kitten:

Must-know nuggets for 2011 NFL schedule

Outside of the NFL Draft later this month, non-legal NFL talk will be at a premium, so you can't blame us if we wanted to share our best schedule-related nuggets.

You need to know the Cardinals, Bills, Panthers, Bengals and Titans are the only teams that won't play any prime-time games. And the team with the easiest season-closing stretch is the Patriots (.328 opponents' 2010 win percentage in Weeks 14-17).

Here's our divisional breakdown:

AFC West
- From Week 11-15, the Chiefs will face the team with the best 2010 regular-season record (Patriots) and then four teams that played in the 2010 Conference Championship Games (Steelers, Bears, Jets, Packers).
- This will be the fourth time in six seasons the Raiders will open the season on Monday night (0-3 in those games).

AFC East
- The Patriots open on the road for the fourth time under Bill Belichick. They've reached the Super Bowl each of the previous three times (2001, 2003, 2007).
- The Jets, who will face the NFC East, have lost two straight vs. the Cowboys, four straight vs. the Redskins, four straight vs. the Giants and are 0-8 all-time against the Eagles.
- Patriots and Colts play in regular season for ninth straight season (4-4 head to head).

AFC North
- The Ravens and Steelers met three times last year and will meet twice by Week 9 this season.
- Ravens head coach John Harbaugh will coach opposite his brother, 49ers head coach Jim, in Week 12. It will be the first game between sibling head coaches in league history.

AFC South
- The Colts are on the road three straight weeks (Weeks 6-8) but then don't leave home for a month (9, 10, 12 at home with a bye Week 11).
- The Titans will travel 7,000 miles this season, fewest in the league.

NFC West
- According to NFL.com, the 49ers will travel over 29,000 miles this season, most for any team. The schedule includes trips to Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Detroit, Washington and Baltimore.
- The Rams have two Monday night dates for the first time since 2004.

NFC East
- The Giants and Cowboys will play twice in last four weeks of season.
- The Cowboys have three home games in an 18-day stretch in November (Weeks 9, 10 and 12).
- Between Weeks 7 and 12 the Eagles have one just one road game, and it's in New Jersey just 95 miles away.

NFC South
- The Saints will play in the first game of the season for the third time in the past five seasons (lost to Colts in 2007 and beat Vikings in 2010).
- The Buccaneers will play in London for second time in three seasons (lost to Patriots in 2009).

NFC North
- The Packers host the Saints in the season opener. The defending Super Bowl champs are 7-0 in kickoff games since they began hosting them in 2004.
- The Bears have just three true road games in the first 11 weeks of the season (six home games, a bye and the London game). The downside of that is there's only two games at Soldier Field in the last six weeks.
- The Lions play a Monday night game for first time since 2001 (which was a 35-0 loss to St. Louis).

Actually, as I already corrected myself, the Cowboys have 7 prime time games (1 more than the 6 allowed).

They have 3 Sunday Night games, 1 Monday night game, 1 Thursday game (T-day), and 2 late season Saturday games, one of which is on NFLN. The 6-10 Cowboys will be in our face all year long.

The Texans have 1 Thursday night game on NFLN, with the same 6-10 record. We have zero games in broadcast prime time. The rest of the nation will likely forget that we are actually an NFL team.

You know I wasn't counting the Thanksgiving game since it isn't actually on in prime time. Does the league count Thanksgiving day games as a prime time slot? I also didn't count the Saturday game on Fox since it's basically a normal NFL day because Christmas falls on that Sunday.

It will never matter how badly the Cowboys are. They will always have National games because they have a large audience. The Texans haven't done anything and haven't been around long enough to get a following around the country.

How do we lose @Cincy when they have a rookie QB o wait THe bungals will prob Pick up Vince young

If VY comes to town, fans need to do their part and shout math problems at him while he's on the field. You know, when he goes under center scream "If a train leaves Boston at 7 pm moving 45 MPH, and a train leave New York at 5:30 moving 75 MPH, what color is the train station?" Should shut him right down.

http://blogs.chron.com/jeromesolomon/2011/04/texans_schedule_sets_up_playof.html

Texans schedule sets up playoff run, stop laughing

Yikes.

Yeah, yikes.

That is the word that comes to mind at first glance at the Texans 2011 schedule.

Seriously, the Texans could fool around and start the season 2-6 or 3-5 and we'd have to spend November and December talking about when Gary Kubiak will get fired.

With their bye week not coming until after 10 games, Thanksgiving could be a real mess this year.

Houston doesn't have a gimmee in the first half of the season, with the two easiest games being a trip to Tennessee and home for Jacksonville.

The Texans are a rather weak 3-7 against the Titans under Kubiak, but at least there is a 99-percent chance that they won't have to face you-know-who, which would mean an automatic loss.

Jacksonville swept the Texans two seasons ago. Last year they stole a win because God was on their side and they basically gave the second game away, showing up at Reliant without their two most important players on offense.

You would hate for the lockout to cost the Texans a home game, but do you really expect them to manhandle the Colts again?

Last year's rousing start was nice, but remember, under Kubiak the Texans are a less-than-stellar 2-8 against the Colts.

It is more likely that if the lockout erases only the season opener, that everything wouldn't be pushed back a week, just that the season openers would be played in Week 18, after all other games are played.

That could be a positive. The Colts should be resting players in preparation for the playoffs, so Houston could steal a victory in Kubiak's last game, I mean, in the game that could clinch the team's first trip to the playoffs.

It would also give the Texans and Colts two games in the final three weeks, with Houston hosting Tennessee in between those two tilts. In that case, expect a strong finish to respectability.

And we have the same old Texans, with "breakfast with the Texans" as I call it, as most of their games are noon starts. Just like the bad old days.

America will be spared the Texans once again, save for the NFL Network game the Thursday before Christmas, as they don't have a Monday Night Football game on the schedule.

One of the least popular teams in the NFL still can't gain any ground in that respect. The Jaguars and Rams are on MNF twice. The lowly San Francisco 49ers, Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys, who also finished 6-10 like the Texans, host MNF games. Minnesota and Washington, which went 6-10 too, have a road games on Monday night, and the 4-12 Broncos host a MNF game on the opening weekend..

• • •

Silly to do predictions at this point, we don't even know who will be on the teams, as in who will be drafted, signed, traded, etc., but that's what blogs are for.

Indianapolis (loss): Peyton manning will not allow another season-opening flop.

At Miami (win): I LOVE this matchup for the Texans. (Positive spin and early prediction has absolutely nothing to do with me possibly getting this difficult road trip assignment.)

At New Orleans (win): I LOVE this matchup for the Texans. (Positive spin and early prediction has absolutely nothing to do with me possibly getting this difficult road trip assignment.)

Pittsburgh (loss): Even at home, this is not a good matchup for the softies. Expect a Texans white day, with a towel giveaway so fans can throw them in by the middle of the third quarter.

Oakland (win): It may not be easy, the Raiders have talent, but new coach at Reliant and Nnamdi Asomugha playing for the team in blue instead of black should mean victory.

At Baltimore (loss): Good time to go to B-More (before it gets cold) and hopefully my girl Snoop will be freed of the legal hassle by then.

At Tennessee (loss): Oh, you think just because VY is gone, that the Titans will roll over for Houston? Ha.

Jacksonville (win): The Texans will break their three-game streak in a week in which every big mouth radio show host in town opened his show with "Kubiak has to go."

Cleveland (win): Colt McCoy leads the Browns here right about the time hunting season begins. Easy money for the Texans.

At Tampa Bay (loss): Up-and-coming Bucs will win this one and send the Texans into that horrible bye week where half of you say I am being too hard on the Texans and the other half will say I am not being hard enough.

Bye week (loss): Typically, you would expect at worst a tie in an off week, but not with these Texans.

At Jacksonville (win): The Texans step up with a job-saving victory (or at least that the way one or two will write it for the Chronicle).

Atlanta (win): The job saving continues with a victory when my man "Pay me Rick" brings his hard-hitting self to town.

At Cincinnati (loss): Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water ... it snows on Dec. 11 in the Queen City and all heck breaks loose.

Carolina (win): Cam Newton meets Mario Williams.

At Indianapolis (win): Peyton Manning plays most of the first half in a game that the division-clinching Colts don't need, but comes out after taking a hard hit from a charging Connor Barwin that leads to a Kareem Jackson pick-six.

Tennessee (win): A rousing 5-1 finish after all y'all said he should be fired gets Gary Kubiak a Gatorade shower, after the Texans clinch the franchise's first playoff berth. Headline on Richard Justice column: "Houston We Have a Winner" ... headline No. 1 on King Slomon's Mind: "Texans should have fired Kubiak before they won this game, now they're stuck with him for a nother year" ... headline No. 2 on King Solomon's Mind: "I told you people this eight months ago"

• • •

Oh wait, did I just predict a 10-6 season, with the Texans going 3-1 against the difficult NFC South and erasing a 5-5 start to finish 10-6?

Man, and I haven't even been drinking.

wk1 indy i really think we are going to try and punch the colts in the mouth again it wont be us vs manning it will be Texans Oline vs teh colts dline and linebackers

i'd expect right off the bat

1st down Foster hand off
2nd down Foster hand off
3rd down Ward hand off
1st down Tate hand off
2nd down Foster hand off :kingkong:

and @cincy i really expect to play VY in the Tiger stripes

You know I wasn't counting the Thanksgiving game since it isn't actually on in prime time. Does the league count Thanksgiving day games as a prime time slot? I also didn't count the Saturday game on Fox since it's basically a normal NFL day because Christmas falls on that Sunday.

It will never matter how badly the Cowboys are. They will always have National games because they have a large audience. The Texans haven't done anything and haven't been around long enough to get a following around the country.

Admittedly, I may be taking some liberty with the word "prime", but what is important to grasp here is that the Cowbutts play 7 games in slots where they play on national TV, alone, with no other competing game. That's my definition of an NFL prime time game, when your the only game playing, broadcast nationally, so everyone tunes into your game. An NFL force feeding if you will. CowBQs 7, Texans 1.

And yes, I understand that we have done nothing to deserve a better lot, and that also p!sses me off, to the max. Thanks Kubes. This time last year I was absolutely certain we wouldn't be suffering like this in 2011. But there's no justification for the but kissing the league provides to the Cowflies, ratings aside. I hope they suck so bad and the league gets what they deserve, sleeper prime time games where the Couchboys get hammered.

If VY comes to town, fans need to do their part and shout math problems at him while he's on the field. You know, when he goes under center scream "If a train leaves Boston at 7 pm moving 45 MPH, and a train leave New York at 5:30 moving 75 MPH, what color is the train station?" Should shut him right down.

:spit:

Our schedule is set up to give us another "moral victory" ending. With the labor dispute and all affected team activities, we're screwed. Phillips won;t have enough time time to get his veterans on board with his scheme, much less the rookies we invariably start.

The recently released NFL schedule leaves open the possibility that there could be no games the first three scheduled weeks and all 16 regular-season games could still be played.
Every game in Week 3 has teams which share the same bye week later in the season. That means the teams could make up that week's games on what was originally scheduled to be their bye.
The NFL also could lose the week between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl, and has secured hotel rooms in Indianapolis -- site of the Super Bowl XLVI -- for two weeks, meaning the Super Bowl could be played a week later than its originally scheduled date of Feb. 5, 2012.
The NFL season is scheduled to begin on Sept. 8, with a full slate of games on Sept. 11-12. That means the league could start the season as late as Oct. 2, 2011 and still finish the Super Bowl by Feb. 12, 2012.
"While the uncertainty remains, it is impossible to plan for every eventuality in terms of the playing schedule," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said. "If and when it becomes clear that we cannot play the schedule as it was announced, we will make the appropriate adjustments with an eye toward minimizing changes."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6404790&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines
:tiphat:

Now that I'm looking at the 2011 Schedule again, I'm actually kind of excited and think we've got a good chance to be successful.

Colts - start off with a bang again. Brand new defense for Peyton. It's at home. Win
at Dolphins - Not a bad team but they're not great by any means. Win
at Saints - Very tough team and it's away. 1st loss of the season?
Steelers - Very tough team but at least it's home. 2nd loss of the season.
Raiders - Really not that great a team, another one at home. Win
at Ravens - Very tough team and it's away. 3rd loss of the season.
at Titans - We've got confidence esp. playing Rookie Locker. Win
Jaguars - Gabbert or Gerrard? Doesn't matter. Win
Browns - Colt will get pressured, Foster/Andre go off. Win.
at Buccaneers - Really solid team. 50/50 on win, it's away.. 4th loss of the season.
Bye - nice time to rest up and prepare for the remaining 6 games. 6-4 record
at Jaguars - Away this time but we're focused and prepared. Win. SWEEP
Falcons - Ryan and Julio/White are too much. 5th loss of season.
at Bengals - Palmer or who? Yup we win.
Panthers - Newton gets exposed BADLY. Ugly loss for them... we WIN big.
at Colts - Close division game but the Colts take it. 6th loss of season.
Titans - Finish the season off strong (as usual). Win the game and clinch the division.

10-6 record (5-1 in division) and we are AFC South champs.

Back