2010 Texans Overview

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Jun 12, 2010.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

There is another lull now, and it is certainly early to be accurately determine the progress and the ultimate direction of the team. But it's fun to have something to mull over now.

Perceptions surrounding Kubiak are somewhat curious:

LINK

2. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Incorrect statement. In 2004 the Texans swept both the Titans and Jags to go 4-2 within the division.

WTF is with all the Jets man love? Last I checked they finished 9-7 last year. They couldn't throw worth a damn. Somehow a rookie QB with a 63 QB rating is a star. Most complete team. I'm going to go with the Colts that have been winning for a decade and were in the super bowl last year.

Really? What friggin' league has this guy been watching? The Texans are 10-2 in the final quarter with Schaub at the helm. I'd like that tendency to extend to the whole season.

I think 99% of fans would disagree with where with this one.

Seriously why is Sanchez in this list?

As if Kyle had anything to do with the Texans being a ZBS team. Dumbass comment.

3. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

" Kubiak keeps a low profile, but his team is always prepared and the texans rarely, if ever, make an egregious coaching mistake that keeps the team from winning a game they should have won."

JEAN!!! Not fair! Now my sides hurt from laughing so hard! :lol: :lol:

wagonhed likes this.
  4. DavidC

DavidC Rookie

Are they watching the same Texans team we are watching? Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought on Offense our Tackles were the strength of the line and our interior G/C play was the weakness of the line, and the pressure up the middle was the downfall against the Jets not the outside rush.

5. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Okay good, I was reading that thinking the author was either insane or horribly misinformed. The Jets are the most complete team, Tebow, Sanchez, good interior line play, bahahahaahaha.

Without clicking the link, I'm going to guess this came from bleacherreport.

EDIT: And I would be wrong, although the author is an aspiring journalist! Sounds like a journalist the Chron would love to have.

6. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

It wasn't bad for a teenager who clearly hasn't watched much Texans football. I've seen similar from folks who post here....and they watch every game. Over and over.

CloakNNNdagger likes this.
  7. dc_txtech

dc_txtech Subscribed Contributor

Just to add on to some of the discrepancies Icak mentioned.

ha ha

Dickerson was drafted to play WR

Holiday?

LOL Tebow

8. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

I don't think I've ever seen a poster here claim Sanchez is an elite QB, Tebow can be a difference maker (As a 3rd stringer no less), our guards/centers are better than our tackles, and that we do terribly in the home stretch of a season all in one go. That's not a lack of knowledge on the Texans that's just. . . wow.

Also, I've seen a 14 year old call working offensive plays in a football game. Teenagers these days.

9. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

The Jets were missing Pace and Shaun Ellis that game. They don't have a great outside pass rush anyway, but that day, it was all about the 'A' gap.

10. wagonhed

wagonhed Team Gruden

Seriously. That gave me a mighty good chuckle.

11. devo-x

devo-x Veteran

Will the Texans establish their second winning record in the division at 4-2 with at least wins over the Jags and Titans next year?

12. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I know it's the offseason, but that was a complete waste of time.

13. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Thank You!!!

This is just more proof that he didn't watch the games. Had he watched, he could clearly see that Chris Jenkins and Reevis were killing us.

14. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I believe the first game is key for us this year, although not a season breaker. Tony Dungy has repeatedly said that we are a good team but we just need something good to happen to us early. I believe that beating The Colts wk 1 will put confidence in this team and get everyone on the same page altogether as well as open up the division.

15. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Glad to see most of the discrepancies have been pointed out.....you guys save me a lot of typing. Thanks :)

16. Indy Skinnz

Indy Skinnz Veteran

As most have mentioned, the write from that kid was really off base with several factual errors and simply wrong assumptions. One of the first I picked up on was exactly what you mentioned. Isn't the season opener, at home no less a much more important game for Houston than the November game in Indy? I would think that would be a much more devasting loss or season building win than anything that happens in November.

17. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Sorry DM, but I would disagree strongly with "that day it was all about the A gap".
    I think our perception was skewed by the replay that they showed again and again, and by Phil Simms one-sided comments (quite a few I would challenge).

- Please understand that I like Simms and agree with him about the need for a QB to shorten his delivery, which I was glad to see MS did in the last third of the season. But Simms is a "New Yorker" and saw things in the spurt of the moment without the help of game tape to isolate each incident.

It was a pain every time to rewatch that game, and the conslusion remains the same as the first time I rewatch it. It was all about our coaching, from our HC to our OC, and our O-line coach, and down the line.

It was all a mess; AJ and Duane Brown were somewhat exceptions.

Otherwise, it would just be one or two players here and there throughout most of the game. And that came back to rest with the coaching who had the team so ill-prepared, it pains me everytime I rewatch the game.

And yes, I rewatch it over and over and over still.

18. Jagsbch

Jagsbch Veteran

Jets are way overrated their QB is their achilles heel for goodness sakes