2009 Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by TexansSeminole, Jan 24, 2009.

1. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

Tonight @ 7 eastern on NFL Network.

45 minutes from now guys.

Who do you think will have a big showing?

I think James Davis is going to show some serious flashes in this game. He isn't at Clemson anymore, it's time to see what he does in a more traditional offense.

I also would like to see a safety show something in this game. I think Michael Hamlin will raise some eyebrows tonight.

2. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

Jeremiah Johnson looks real good right now

3. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Where's my boy Raji ? I dunno, is he even in the state of Alabama tonight ?
    White is impressive and obviously won't last beyond the second round but we've got bigger fish to fry in the 2nd, however maybe Kubiak can grab Bomar in the third ?

4. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

I have been wanting Bomar for awhile and it looks like Ayers could be our DE in the 2nd and take a safety in the 1st unless we get a shot at a better DE.

5. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Rey-Rey makes a big pop !

6. Spled

Spled All Pro

7. TexansSeminole

Hamlin has made 3 special teams tackles, and one tackle on D.

Chung is probably playing the best at safety in this game.

I like Jennings, and I have always liked Andre Brown.

James Davis has been average.

Rey looks great.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  8. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

9. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

wow Bomar looked bad tonight and Harrell looked worse

10. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

thought key players had nice flashes -

most outstanding player that surprised me was Andre Brown, RB NC State, 6-0 224 power runner inside the tackles, made some money today (3rd rd. grade) as did Juaquin Iglesias, WR OU natural #2 @ the next level, should now get a solid 2nd rd. grade.

Happy for White he was good & gives teams some extra options but the rest of these QB's sucked, big time. Any team that needs QB help will be forced into taking one high (Stafford/Sanchez) or make a trade to aquire one. Bradford is a lock to be the 1st player selected next draft.

Oher struggles against speed on the edge. the OT's need more polish strength is inside Center/Guard as witness today. there will be a serious run on them in the 2nd rd. thats where the NFL ready value is.

Rashad Jennings still captures my imagination in the same backfield with Steve Slaton. While Jeremiah Johnson displayed real quck twitch explosiveness.

W. Michigan FS Louis Delmas. centerfielder with range, hitting ability & run support. has a lean similar body type as Ed Reed when he came out of Miami 5106 197. displays body language of a playmaker/intimadator cut & spec on for FS. he will be one of those ascending players moving up the board.

11. Blake

Blake MMQB

Some players that I thought had a good game off the top of my head.

Pat White, QB, West Virginia
    Andre Brown, RB, NC State
    Jeremiah Johnson, RB, Oregon
    Cedric Peerman, RB, Virginia
    Brian Robiskie Ohio State
    Alex Mack California
    Max Unger Oregon
    Eric Wood Louisville
    Herman Johnson LSU
    Robert Ayers Tennessee
    Scott McKillop Pittsburgh
    Brian Cushing Southern California
    Rey Maualuga Southern California
    Alphonso Smith Wake Forest
    Ellis Langster West Virgina
    Derek Pegues Mississippi State
    Patrick Chung Oregon

Some players that I thought had a not so good game off the top of my head.

All North QB's.
    Xavier Fulton, LT, Illinois
    Juaquin Iglesias Oklahoma

Still got the entire 4th quarter to watch.

12. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

I thought Iglesias had like 6 catches for 80 yrds.

13. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

amazing he caught that many with all those knuckleball off speed dying in your arms tonight throws :juggle:

14. Blake

Blake MMQB

You are right. I think it said he had 90 yards. When I saw him he was either getting alot of bad passes, or running bad routes and putting himself out of position to make the play.

15. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

Will there be a re-airing of this game anywhere soon?

16. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

he only ran one bad route and that wasnt running the play out.

17. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I felt sorry for Graham Harrell. And last nights game cost him a lot of money.
    But I got a different take on Bomar. He showed his scrambling/athletic skills on a couple occasions and unlike Harrell he clearly demonstrated a strong arm. None the less, he had some screw-ups. Gotta hang on to the ball, especially when you're in your own EZ.

18. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

So I completely lapsed on this. Is the game going to be shown again?

Also, how did the USC LBs look? How about the Wake Forest DB's?

19. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

RB Andre Brown looked amazing to me. I bet we end up selecting Kory Sheets from Purdue or Gartrell Johnson from Colorado St., just a hunch.

Peria Jerry and Robert Ayers looked impressive to me, Raji didn't do a whole lot. Not sure what the game plan was with him or how they wanted to use him in the game. But you'd think if he'd been dominant all week, you would want to send him in the backfield. Did a great job of shedding blocks and tackling the RB for no gain though.

Patrick Chung and Louis Delmas got me excited, I really hope one of them lasts to our pick in the 2nd round. I'd love them on this team. To get them we may need to trade down into the late first though.

The USC linebackers looked outstanding to me. I think they had a huge advantage to be playing with each other because they're used to that. I'd rather have Cushing as SLB than Mauluga as MLB and moving Demeco.

I'm thinking the #1 priority will be to get a stud pass rushing DE opposite Mario. If there isn't one available, we'll see how our board is set up and where the value is. Then look at a CB like Davis (not in game), Cushing for SLB, Jerry for DT or look for a trade down. Just my 2 cents.

20. TexansSeminole

Well, I thought Chung played very well against the run, and played pretty well against the pass. Only allowed to play cover 1 and cover 3 so, the entire game was played with a FS covering the deep middle and usually the second safety was in the box.

Hamlin and Chung both played for the majority of the game, and they both played in the box and deep middle. Hamlin was less impressive in run support and tackling than Chung, but I still felt he played well.

The corners for the South team all played well. Coye Francies from San Jose State made a small mistake early in the game, but broke up a pass in the endzone where he was essentially alone. The FS had left to deal with a crosser and Francies jumped in front of a post to break it up. Alphonso Smith jumped a route and should have had the INT and the TD, but he dropped it. The commentators were quick to point out that he had 21 INTs at WF. He looked good all day. Ellis Lankster made a nice tackle in the game and looked pretty good in coverage as he picked off Graham Harrell on a deep ball that Harrell underthrew.

Pat White looked like he may actually be able to play QB in the NFL. He was probably the best QB in the game, he had a nice deep throw, a couple of runs, and he showed some nice pocket awareness several times. Cullen Harper also looked good at QB.

The inside offensive lineman for the South team (Caldwell, Wood, Green, Luigs) all played well.

Rey made some nice tackles and forced a fumble. Darry Beckwith was impressive, he showed good awareness on a few plays by staying home and making the tackle.

Rashad Jennings actually looks like the type of player that we really need. I believe they said he was 5-11 235, and he looked the part. He was physical in the game, and I thought he showed something. FB Quinn Johnson from LSU was impressive as well. He blocked and caught the ball well. He looks like a Vonta Leach type of player.

Yea he has always been a solid, physical running back at NC State, but Mayock and Davis were right when they were talking about his injury history. He dealt with alot of injuries in his career at NC State, but I do like him alot too. Frank Gore had alot of injuries in college at Miami, but look at what he ahs done in the NFL.