2009 schedule?

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by Andrew6, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

I know that we will be playing the AFC east next year which is Buffalo, miami, jets, and New England.

and we will be playing the NFC west which is the seahawks, rams, cardinals, and 49ers, what I am not sure of is which games will be home games and which will be away games.

looking at the 2006 schedule it looks like;
    Buffalo will be away
    New england home
    Jets home
    Miami away

Looking at the 2005 schedule
    Seattle at home
    rams away
    arizonia away
    49ers home

not sure if his is correct
    but we should have a fairly decent schedule but I was looking at what away games would be worth checking out.
    Buffalo looks like might be fun, not sure about the miami game.
    arizona might be decent i guess.

2. mancunian

mancunian Daleks Rule

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irela
    I was thinking about it this morning, I worked out we'd be playing the NFC West but couldn't remember the AFC division.
    Cant believe that it will be the East as it doesn't seem that long ago we got spanked in New England and let Lee Evans loose at reliant.
    I think your right about the home games for the AFC East teams..

3. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

Don't forget that we will play either Cleveland or Cincinatti, and either Oakland or Kansas City, as well.

I feel pretty confident that the Texans will finish ahead of Jacksonville this year so that means the Texans will play the Third place teams of the AFC North and AFC West. I'm equally confident that the Browns will finish ahead of the Bengals.

The only question I have is will the Chiefs pass the Raiders. I think they will. Although they are 2-10 right now, they lost many close games this year and they should be competitive in their remaining schedule. For instance,the Chiefs opponent this weekend is Denver. They beat Denver earlier this year 33-19, so I'd have to say they have a chance, even though this one is on the road. Next they have the Chargers, a team they lost to 20-19 earlier this year in San Diego. Then they host the Dolphins, and finally the finish on the road with the lowly Bengals. While I don't see the Chiefs winning all 4 of their remaining games, I wouldn't be surprised to see them win 2 games.

Meanwhile, I doubt the 3-10 Raiders will win another game with the Patriots followed by the Texans scheduled to play in Oakland, and finally finishing up in Tampa Bay.

4. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

5. mancunian

mancunian Daleks Rule

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irela
    cheers

6. False Start

False Start On # 69

Wow, I think that has to be one of the easiest schedules I've seen the Texans have in awhile! :jam: :cool:

7. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

If those teams we're playing play like they have played in recent years then yeah it should be a decent schedule. But, some of these teams can pull a miami next year. I don't forsee any of the afc teams being " easy " wins. Patriots will have Tom Brady back, Jets have gotten alot of wind back in their sails, Miami has doubled their win ratio already, and Buffalo has shown flashes that they are a good team.
    in the NFC I don't see why would lose a game but hell it is possible. It'll be an exciting schedule to say the least with only a few games that I would consider "tough".

8. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

HOME

New England
    New York
    San Francisco
    Seattle
    AFC W (currently Oakland)

ROAD

Buffalo
    Miami
    Arizona
    St. Louis
    AFC N (currently Cleveland)

9. False Start

False Start On # 69

Yeah, you never know in the NFL. Maybe we can be the team to make the move next year. :texflag:

10. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I'll definitely look forward to the Niners paying us a visit!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!

11. False Start

False Start On # 69

Me too, I was a big time Niners fan as a kid. They were my NFC team, and plus Cowgirls fans hated them so I loved em'. :heh:

12. SheTexan

Same here James! I've always had a competitive streak and all three of my brothers hated the NINERS, so I had no choice but to pull for them. lol Thus was born my passion for my fav team in the NFC. At one time in my life I had as much Niner stuff around my house as I did Oiler. The only time I pull against them is when they play my home team. Knowing Cowgirl fans hated them made it that much easier to love them so much. Years back, I went to see a Cowgirl/Niner game in the toilet bowl, wore a Niner jersey, an Oiler jacket, and screamed my butt off for the Niners. Thought I was gonna get thrown out of the place! Fun memories being a Niner fan, back in the day. The past few years, just like our Texans, they have caused a lot of groans. My dream is to see a Texan/Niner SB.

Showtime100 likes this.
  13. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

You never know how tough a schedule is till the END of the year

14. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

Looks like we get the Raiders at home and the Bengals in Cincy to round out the 09 schedule.

15. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

HOME

New England
    New York Jets
    San Francisco
    Seattle
    Oakland
    Indy
    Jax
    Possum Holler

ROAD

Buffalo
    Miami
    Arizona
    St. Louis
    Cincinnatti
    Indy
    Jax
    Possum Holler

mike moffat likes this.
  16. SheTexan

Well, count me stupid if ya want, but, I don't see that as a "gimme" schedule. Could be a pretty tough one the way I see it. Our division is always tough, and always a "on any given Sunday" sort of thing. The Niners, Jets, Bills, Fins, and Cards are teams that are steadly improving and showing lots of promise for next year. The Raiders have some good tools to play with, just need some "fixer" positions. They sure as hell showed us a thing or two a week or so ago. If NE gets Brady back, they just might get a renewed passion and compete again. Seattle and the Bengals are in that "I just don't know" catagory. Can't predict these things a year ahead of time anyway. Who in a million years would have thought the meatballs would be leading the NFL this year?!

I have ONE wish for the New Year, and that is for the meatballs from Possum Holler to lose their first playoff game!!

17. Drew_Smoke

Drew_Smoke @Drew_Smoke

Da Raidahs!

My kids love raider fan...lol

18. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

oooh, Seattle... :drool:
    Damnit, wish I didn't have that much class. :foottap:

19. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

I just hope we play Buffalo early in the season. The clips I saw of yesterday's game made Green Bay in Dec. look like a walk in the park.

20. SheTexan

Hummmmmmm! Buffalo in Dec! Definitely something to think about, if it happens!;)