2007 Season Record

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by HomeBred_Texan, Mar 24, 2007.

?

How many wins for 2007?

1. 1-2

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  2. 3-4

9 vote(s)
    6.6%
  3. 5-6

9 vote(s)
    6.6%
  4. 7-8

66 vote(s)
    48.5%
  5. 9-10

47 vote(s)
    34.6%
  6. More than 10

4 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

And be honest and try and not show the homerism...

It's going to be interesting for sure cause this is certainly not the same team we are use to seeing for 5 years...

Go Texans....

2. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

8-8.

3. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Before the change at QB, I thought we'd go 8-8.

Now I think it will take some time to develop some chemistry and I'm staying with 8-8.

4. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

Last year I thought we could have won acouple more games, so I would say a 8-8 or a 9-7 record isn't out of the question. I voted 7-8 though.

5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I was optomistic last year(13-3) and that didn't work out very well for us(I'm sorry). This year, I'm going to be a bit more conservative, and express my goodwill to our new coach, by letting him off the hook..

I only expect 3-4 wins in '07. But I expect to see big strides in the way our team plays.

6. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I think 8-8 is perfect and has us on the cusp of the next step for 2008, where we should expect things. I am alot more excited about this season. With some stumbles we could be in the 6-7 range.

7. mannyo123

mannyo123 Rookie

5-11 in 07
    9-7 in 08

8. Stros5Texans80

Stros5Texans80 Veteran

7-9 this year and possibly 10-6 next year.

9. 281

281 Hall of Fame

no way that happens, and going from 6 wins to 3-4 is in no way big strides, no matter where you look at it from. i'm thinking 8-8 right now.

10. keyser

keyser Hall of Fame

I think the team ought to improve this year. There's really no excuse for moving backward in terms of wins this year (assuming Schaub doesn't break a leg in preseason or something...). I'm guessing 8-8 or 9-7, but to be optimistic, voted 9-7.

What I've been hoping would be to come out of the 2-14 season with:
    2006: in the 5-6 win range (this worked out!)
    2007: in the 8-10 win range, with them at least still in mathematical playoff consideration going into the last 2 weeks.
    2008: making the playoffs

I still think this is possible.

11. macaronitoni

macaronitoni Rookie

not saying this will happen, but anyone remember NO Saints, 2006? QB change, all the sudden they're in the playoffs.

12. 4Texans

4Texans Hall of Fame

I can't see why we shouldn't have at least 8 wins this years. These days teams turn it around a lot quicker, and I expect the Texans to win at least 8 games this year, so I voted 9-10.

13. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

If Schaub is the QB they say he is, and the fact he has six years in the WCO, I don't see why we can't have alot more success than last year. I'll be disappointed if we don't finish 8-8 and really feel 10-6 isn't out of the question. Defense will have a 2nd year under the same system, plug a few holes with the draft, and our fortunes could reverse very quickly. I don't wish to be overly optimistic, but its my nature to always look on the brightside.

14. MATRIX

MATRIX Veteran

8-8 or better

We have to jell and we should win some we wouldn't of if Carr was still here(not bashing, just true). Schaub won't loose a game for us, but he maynot win one either. So, if the WHOLE team plays as well as it looks on paper...we should atleast beat Tenn(2 times) Atlanta, Indy(once...but maybe 2 seeing they didn't keep some key FA's), Jags(2 times, they are on the decline).

Thats 5-6 wins right their, so 3 more should happen. And I for one wouldn't be shocked to see us win 2-3 in a row either. unlike in the past win 2 in a row was almost unheard of.

Here is are schedule...I put a W by a win, an L for a loss...and a ? for not sure. I come to an 8-8 record without adding in my ? games.. See if you agree.
    HOME:
    Indianapolis(W), Jacksonville(W), Tennessee(W), Denver(L), Kansas City(L), Miami, New Orleans(L), Tampa Bay(W)
    AWAY:
    Indianapolis(?), Jacksonville(W), Tennessee(?), Oakland(W), San Diego(L), Cleveland(W), Atlanta(W), Carolina(L)

15. HoustonRaised

HoustonRaised Rookie

I would say 7-9 this year, maybe 8-8, and 9-7 would be a long shot depending on who we draft, this will be the best year in franchise history but still not a winning team in my opinion, but I hope for the best.

16. Spike

Spike Veteran

I'd like to see us finish 8-8, but I won't be surprised if we find ourselves back at 6-10 or if we were to improve to 9-7. We won 6 games last season, most of which we won DESPITE our offense. I think we lost about 4 games as well in the fourth quarter.

I don't think that there is any doubt that the current make-up of our team (even before the draft) is better than what we had last year. I think 8-8 would be a huge improvement over last year because this year's schedule is tougher and because we probably won some games last year that we shouldn't have won (See Oakland - I don't care how bad they were).

The biggest factor in this season is the play of our new QB...which is also what Smith and Kubiak have bet their jobs on as well. Our QB play last year impaired more than the play of our offense, it kept a young, improving defense on the field way too long.

17. Beer and Metal

Beer and Metal Buzzed Cacophony

I'm thinking 8-9 wins.
    Our opposition looks pretty tough next season, but what will it look like after all the offseason personnel losses/gains?

Need to take a team-by-team look after all the changes.

18. Schaub_to AJ_YES!

Schaub_to AJ_YES! Rookie

8-8 would be vindication. That's what I think they can do too.

19. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

You know, we only have 4 games against teams that were below .500 last year. I know that doesn't mean a lot from year to year, but it looks like a pretty tough schedule at this point.

That said, I'm picking 8-8 until they get there and surpass it.

20. jvaldez1984

jvaldez1984 Rookie

8-8 as we stand today. if we address our o-line and secondary problems by the start of the season i say 10-6 fighting for a wild card spot.