2007 FA/Draft!

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Insideop, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

OK, just for fun, and based on what you've seen in the preseason and this first game, who or what positions do you think the Texans/Kubiak will pick or should pick in the 2007 Free Agency/Draft? I know there are plenty of people out there who think Kubiak (and yes this is Kubes pick) screwed up by picking Mario. But, since we can't go back and change things, I was hoping to try and get some of you to look forward and see what you think Kubes should do (even though he probably won't). :shades:

IMO I still think they will go after more linemen, both offensive and defensive. Why? Because IMO that is where we lost the game. In the trenches! Sure, we may get another RB, maybe even go after Peterson (sp?) from Oklahoma, but I still think Kubes will try to build this team from the inside first! JMHO! What do y'all think?

2. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

This should be a week 16 thread.

3. afcman

afcman Veteran

Too early to tell. I can't wait though. :yahoo:

4. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

OK I'll play .

1. CB
    2. A Penn State LB
    3 .OL/DL
    4. WR
    5. S
    6. RB
    7. HB

5. eric138

eric138 Veteran

I would say a Heisman RB Peterson.. If we pass on him and get any other position we will have to see twice as many comparison threads as we have now with the Bush/Williams era.
    But honestly he will go quick and we are probably going to end up in the middle with like a number 16 pick, unless we trade up.

6. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

Yeah I know, but I'm trying/hoping to get some of these people who keep wanting to change the past and whinning about "what we should have done" to try and focus on the future and "what we could do." I guess I'm just tired of hearing it and want to move on. :yawn:

7. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I agree with this but I think WR and RB are swapped.

8. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I hear ya bud. We're on the same page. That said, what do ya'll think of Marcus Griffin (S) for Texas. Maybe Tom Zbikowski (S) for Notre Dame? I think they look pretty good. Any thoughts?

9. eric138

eric138 Veteran

fast forward to 2014 Draft and we select Derrick Carr from UT.

:yahoo: crowd cheers :yahoo:

:fans:

10. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

If AP is there, we should not pass on him. Other than that, a good safety or other DB. Maybe a speed rusher in the late rounds.

11. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

I think Zbikowski could be real good. He is strong, quick and has a nose for the endzone. He could also do punt returns.

12. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

I know Griffin is pretty good but I haven't seen the other guy play yet. We definately need some help at the safety position. Just not sure Kubes will go that way with their 1st pick.

13. real

real Guest

I say we get both if we can..lol..our safeties are pitiful...

14. Lexington

Lexington Rookie

weve neglected to do anything about fielding a solid offensive line in our franchise history. i would hope these "intelligent" football minds would decide to address it properly some day.

15. afcman

afcman Veteran

Can we draft a new front office? You know? People who know football? Stuff like that?

16. Xman

Xman Veteran

1st - Adrian Peterson
    2nd - Adrian Peterson
    3rd - Adrian Peterson
    4th - Adrian Peterson
    5th - Adrian Peterson
    6th - Adrian Peterson
    7th - Adrian Peterson

But, seriously,
    1st - Adrian Peterson (even if we have to trade up - which I doubt)
    2nd - an OL to block for Adrian Peterson
    3rd - a CB so we can give the ball to Adrian Peterson
    4th - a S so we can give the ball to Adrian Peterson
    5th - an OLB so we can get the ball for Adrian Peterson
    6th - a DT so we can get the ball for Adrian Peterson
    7th - a K to kick the extra points after Adrian Peterson scores

AP is the real deal. I looked at the Jets draft this year and it made me think they were preparing to suck so they could get him in the draft (possibly O'Quinn but I think they want AP) - and they still might despite picking up their first win. AP would like running behind Ferguson and Mangold a lot more than our guys, but we can hope we get AP (of course that means we are hoping that we lose a lot this year)

17. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

I am assuming a top 10 pick. I am looking for best player available from the LB, DB, WR, DT. In the first round.

In the second which ever position I went in the first , I exclude and then do it again.

Peterson should be a top 4 pick and I do not see us being in that group. We should never trade up in the early first until our core talent is solid. I also think unless a stud WR slids to us we are going Defense on every 1st day pick.

2nd day look at RB, OG and center. Kubiak will draft RB almost every year. Get used to it.

18. WILLIEG

WILLIEG Veteran

As much as I would love to get AP, I would think it would be in the best interest of the organization to trade down as far as they could to get an LT if Spencer (better suuited as a guard) doesn't work out. And if he does work out then we should pick up another DT or DE. We should try to pick up at least one if not possibly two extra picks in the second round, so that we can go after our secondary. It might be a possibility that we could actually pick up M. Bush in the second, because of him breaking his leg and missing the season. The draft will be deep at the secondary postion and the second is where we should pick up a couple. If we trade down far enough like 15-20 we could even pick up a very good FS to complete our lack of talent at the postion.

19. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I understand your point but AP in Kubiaks system, one cut then straight downhill would be stupid to pass on, especially with DD status up in the air and unproven talent @ RB. Pass on Reggie Bush, alright but pass on Adrian Peterson its on :fight:

20. RiotCommander

RiotCommander All Pro

Alright based only on yesterdays game and preseason. This is what I would draft.

1.) CB
    2.) OLB
    3.) DT
    4.) RB
    5.) S
    6.) LB
    7.) BPA

In FA I would be looking for a space eater at the DT to replace Payne. Also, look for us to grab a Guard. We are going to build inside out, and my predictions also include this year Eric Winston eventually being worked into starting RT by the end of the year.