2005 schedual and predictions

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by HardKnockTexan, Apr 5, 2005.

1. HardKnockTexan

HardKnockTexan All Pro

I was just looking at the upcomming schedual for the Texans and i have to say... it looks pretty promissing. From our division, I figure we'll take atleast 3 of the 6 games. The Texans handed it to The Titans and the Jags last season. If they can do the same this season that's 4 wins. We got Pitsburg at home, which I dont see us winning, but next is cleavland and i think we can take them, we'll call that win #4. Kansas City is next. That one's a toss up. Since we beat them last year i'll call it another win, making it 5 for the season. Arizona should be a win for us too, making it #6. St. Louis will be tough, I'll call that one a loss since they were a playoff team last season. Baltimore wont be any easier, I'll call that one a loss aswell. We got Cinncinatti next and I believe the Texans matchup well against them. I'll call that win #7. Next is Seatle, i'll call this one a loss. Then we have San Fransisco, I pray to god we can chalk this one up for a win, #8. Then finally we have Buffalo, which will be tough, but I say the Texans take it, giving them 9 wins.
    If the Texans can win 4 in the division again this comming year it could be a 10 win season. We all know how much things change from season to season. ie: the chargers. But i'm thinking playoffs this year just based on last years performances from each team.
    No one really knows. What i do know is all this waiting around for football news is killing me. Im looking foward to the draft, looking foward for madden football to be released for the ps2 and dying for this season to begin.

2. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

wait... the schedule is out? Was it posted? I know it's....
    It sounded like you knew the order in your post.

3. HardKnockTexan

HardKnockTexan All Pro

no.. i dont know the order.. just the games being played.

4. Quasimoto

Quasimoto Guest

Should have a real shot at the division this yr, provided Carr has someone to throw the ball at..if not..i see a long season.

5. z0rpAn

z0rpAn Veteran

the only ones i see us losing for sure is at indy and baltimore(though it would be worth it if we broke a huge play on them)

6. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

We can win any game on the schedule next year...It's not like in years past when we see Indy coming in and write it off as a loss before the game...We definitely won't win every game, but we have a "puncher's chance"...

7. gcolby

gcolby Veteran

In 2004, we weren't supposed to have a chance in KC; we won.
    We weren't supposed to lose to the pitiful Browns at home on the last Sunday of the season; we lost.
    We weren't supposed to sweep the Titans or the Jags; we did both.

On any given Sunday, as they say, so please take your talk of 'losing this one for sure' and store it in your south end zone :loser

8. outofhnd

outofhnd All Pro

How can we see wins and losses yet?

We havent drafted our rookies, or even seen any preseason to judge talent.

9. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

well considering what we saw last year, with a little more consistency, and some more defensive up grades LB Greenwood and CB sanders, then the draft i think we will be a much better team and can see a 9-11 win season ! But i'm aq homer so what do i know ?

10. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

Its waaay too early... but right now I have us at 9 wins. Still an improvement.

The key for me is for the Texans to come out of the gate hot this year and get up in the win column early. We cant afford to battle uphill again this year after a weak start and expect to win a playoff spot.

11. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Man, I thought we were gonna play Dallas this season.

12. HardKnockTexan

HardKnockTexan All Pro

We play dallas in the preseason... even though it doesnt count.... it does to everyone in Texas. It'll be fun beating the snot out of them again this year.

13. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

Next year. Going to be absolutely HUGE.

14. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

It sure is, Im going to make the short drive out to Texas Stadium covered in Texan gear. WHOS COMING WITH ME!!! :thumbup

15. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

You just tell me where to sign BUD.

16. wiley2002

wiley2002 Veteran

Predicting the Texans' season is like trying to predict what's going to happen next on afternoon soap operas.

17. z0rpAn

z0rpAn Veteran

we can guesstimate for now, and after 3 games into the season we'll know where we are heading

18. wiley2002

wiley2002 Veteran

But once November and December roll around we will have a better idea of who's in and who's out. Just hope the Texans are on the in list.

19. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

id say 9 wins is very attainable this year. We have become more consistent year in and year out.. and the lose to the Browns last year was a huge shot in the a**.. reminding us to take very team seriously.

I think we will show more consistency this year.. and I also think we will split wins with the colts (its one of our goals and we have done a pretty good job of reaching our goals every season)

Home -
    Indianapolis, Win!!
    Jacksonville, Win!!
    Tennessee, Win!!
    Cleveland, Win!!
    Pittsburgh, Loss
    Arizona, Win!!
    St. Louis, Win!!
    Kansas City, Loss

Away -
    Indianapolis, Loss
    Jacksonville, Loss :(
    Tennessee, Win!!
    Baltimore, Loss
    Cincinnati, Win!!
    San Francisco, Win!!
    Seattle, Win!!
    Buffalo, Loss

thats 10 - 6 WOO!!

Every year we have also won at least one game we werent supposed to.. and lost one game we were supposed to win. SO!.. look for us to beat Pittsburgh and lose to San Francisco :)

those are my predictions. In the end.. I think we will tie for second with Jacksonville.... whether or not we get the wildcard though.. I dunno.. I think there will probably be another 10-6 team.. maybe two.. in the AFC. So who gets the tie breaker? *shrug*. I think we need to really try and win that Baltimore game cause its likely (at this point) that they will be second place in their division behind the Steelers.. and could very well be a 10-6 team.. so beating them would be a tie breaker for us. Yes i know.. im predicting way to much with way too little info.. its the offseason :)..gimme a break.

20. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

I'm just curious...I know the Texans SHOULD beat Cincinatti and Cleveland, but WILL they? If I remember correctly, the Texans haven't beaten either one of them yet, even though they should have. I won't even try to guess who we will or won't beat or lose to this season, because I really don't know which team will show up. Will it be the team that showed up for the Cleveland game, or will it be the team that showed up for the Jaguar shutout? Who knows?