20 things I learned from Green Bay game

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Porky, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

1) I learned that the tundra isn't the only thing that is frozen. Kris Brown has ice water in his veins.
    2) I learned that Al Harris can play corner for my team any time even if he is a crybaby.
    3) I learned that Eugene Wilson is a capable SS. Brandon Harrison is not a capable FS.
    4) I learned that The Refs eyes were glazed over with ice when the WR pushed off Harrison to make the TD catch
    5) I learned that we have our current and future feature back on the roster. What we need is a thunder to match the lightening that is Slaton.
    6) I learned that we have 4/5 of a good offensive line.
    7) I learned that our head coach thinks Time outs grow on trees.
    8) I learned that Andre Johnson is still a beast when it matters most.
    9) I learned that the unsung hero of the game was Vonta Leach.
    10) I learned that Richard Smith has been tied up and held captive in the broom closet in Bob McNairs' office for the past 3 weeks.
    11) I learned that the next person who says Sage should start over Schaub should be immediately hit over the head with a cast iron frying pan.
    12) I learned that Reeves had his best game as a Texan. With Dunta across from him and a pass rush, he suddenly looks like a competent second corner.
    13) I learned that our biggest needs our a bruising RB, a center, a FS, and a complientary pass rusher. And a big run stuffer up the middle or impact LB would be a welcome bonus.
    14) I learned that if this team ever stopped shooting itself in the foot, they could be a Super Bowl contender sooner rather than later.
    15) I learned that Dunta Robinson is back.
    16) I learned that if the Texans haven't turned the corner, they are at the intsection with their blinker light on. If they beat the Meatballs, the corner will have truely been turned.
    17) I learned that you should never jump up to catch a punt. What is the matter with you Jacoby Jones?
    18) I learned that anyone who says we should cut Jacoby Jones needs to be hit with the same frying pan as those in #11.
    19) I learned that the word Green and Bay should never be used in conjunction with that Frozen Hell somewhere in Wisconson.
    20) I learned that I love watching this team. Did I just say that?

2. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Good post Porky. The following just cracked me up, 'cause it's both funny and true.

3. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

I stick with my statements on Dewey being a better all around QB than Schlaub. Sitting on the bench watching Sage do his job made him work harder. My question is this, what's the deal with the jacket with "QB" embroidered on the front? Is it to remind Rosenfels that he's the starter, or is it so he can remember who he is?

4. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

I'd say 3/5, I'm not sold on Mike Brisiel yet. We'll see how they do against one of the best DLine in the business this weekend.

Amen Brother .... Amen

If he keeps fumbling the ball like he has, I'd find another return man.

5. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

"THE HAMMER" brought it yet again. Love that guy.

6. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

One thing I've learned through the years is the Texans can play in cold weather.....now if we can just start winning cold weather games that matter.

7. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Nicely done, Porky. Although, Leach has been the unsung hero in many a game this season. To me, he's the only one that has been consistant this season. Consistantly whoopin the shit out of would be tacklers, that is. :winky:

See sig

8. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

you almost cost me a cup of coffee with this one...
    :spit:

Rep your way
    :perfect10:

9. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I should have said I learned that if Vonta Leach isn't sent to the Pro Bowl there should be an investigation. :splits:

10. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

AGREED!! I can't think of a FB in the AFC that has out-performed VL.

11. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I am still thawing out from the game, took a lot out of me. Lambeau is an experience that every NFL fan should have in their lifetime.

That was a franchise win. We did something that does not necessarily define the franchise or the season, but we took another step in the maturation of a future playoff team.

Texan Asylum likes this.
  12. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Don't mean to thread hijack, but hey, you brought it up.

This is big pet peeve of mine. If you have a pass rush, your secondary is going to play well. If you don't have one, they are not. It wouldn't matter if you had 4 Dunta Robinsons back there.

I'm perfectly happy with the secondary, Reeves included, and have been happy with their play all season. It's the front seven that has been the problem.

13. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

Yea bubba! Also, we're 6-0 in temps under 40 degrees!

14. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Vonta Leach (6-0 253) seems in the same mold as Ravens FB Lorenzo Neal (5-11 255) who pounded a physical Skins team straight down their throats last night, that would be his competition.

15. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I LOVE this guy!! He plays football the way I like to see it played. Knock the freaking hell out of them and dare them to get up!! lol LOVE IT!!

HOU-TEX likes this.
  16. mike moffat

mike moffat Hall of Fame

Excellent Porky. I was gonna give you a rep, but, I have to spread around the love before I can give you another one.

17. texanhead08

texanhead08 Hall of Fame

The Harrison play might have been a push off but it was a piss poor effort by #31. I am sick of watching him chase wr's from behind everytime he gets in a game.

18. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Same here.
    :(

19. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

LOL. Did you hear what Schaub called Leach in the post-game presser? A Coke Machine. Go watch the clip on HT.com. Cracked me up.

20. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

I got him for ya.