2 Thoughts on the titans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by kubs-elway, Oct 26, 2006.

1. kubs-elway

kubs-elway Rookie

Just a couple things. 74% of nfl teams that are 0-4 win the 5th game, and 87% win the sixth game if they losses the 5th game. This would explain their last two games being close and winning. Now that this is over they go back to being awfull.

1.) The Titans are the worst team i have ever seen against the play action pass. They are also horrible against a zone blocking team. They have no speed at linebacker, you really dont even need to block the trailing linebacker because they just cant go sideline to sideline. Below you will see there stats vs the run for the year, ranked 32cd.

Team G Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TDs FDs 20+
    Tennessee 6 208 34.7 987 4.7 164.5 10 49 9

2.) Look for the tight ends to have a huge day in recieving yards, the play action with the tight end dragging should work all day long. AND I PREDICT AJ will have a 60 yd td reception. He will let the tight ends have thier catches and then he will fake the crossing route off of the boot and go deep.

3.) Once the D gets used to the VINCE OPTION, the titans will be rendered harmless, I predict they will put 10-14 points on the board in the first half if they get the ball first, and 7 if they kick. I predict 3 second half points.

2. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Veteran

:lightbulb: That appears to be 3 thoughts, but who's counting?

3. UTVinceYoung

UTVinceYoung Play To Win

As we are looking at pointless stats~ Let's take a moment and remember who the Titans had as a quarterback before Vince Young took over.
    Nuff said...

4. dirty steve

dirty steve Hall of Fame

Steve McNair? surely you arent talking about Kerry Collins.

the Titans should have kept Billy Volek and let Vince sit a year. Volek made out like gangbusters, now he gets to spend his winters in San Diego instead of nashville.

5. UTVinceYoung

UTVinceYoung Play To Win

good riddance to Volek and hopefully Kerry will continue to hold the clipboard. :bananasplit:

6. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I think it will be a lot closer game than people are predicting. Just remember our team has yet to put together 4 qtrs of good football. 48-0 in the 3rd - regardless of that fumble by Jax - speaks volumes.

And they have yet to prove that they can be consistent from game to game. If they can continue with what they started with the Jaguars, we could possibly see another great performance. But they haven't won a road game since December 2004, so we have to keep things in perspective.

7. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

I always knew Kerry Collins was terrible on defense! Seeing as most of his post deals with their run and pass D, I dont think Kerry Collins is much of a factor.

8. BigDTexansFan

BigDTexansFan All Pro

since Vince couldn't carry Collins' Jock, he might wish to fondle it

9. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

True but this is a different team and a different staff, last year is last year . This year is what we make it. Ex: Steelers won SB last year.... This year 2-4, just like us.

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Wow you give the Vince option waaaayaaay too much credit.

We gave up 7 points to Philly in the first half(if you don't count that last second touchdown, which was philly taking advantage of a young aggressive D.) we hold Dallas & Miami to 3 first Qtr points, and shut out the Jags in the first half.

The Titans will be lucky to get a field goal in the first half.

11. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

First of all, we can shut the Titans down in the third Qtr, and we'll still be 48-0 in the third Qtr, so that's how much that means.

Secondly, it's not like we're talking AFC champion Titans here, we're talking about the Titans that pissed on the QB that made them, then sent his backup to SD, and replaced the two of them with Kerry "I couldn't make it as a Raider" Collins.

All the things you are saying we have got to prove, and that we haven't done, well guess what...... the team we are facing have to prove the same thing, & haven't done any of those things either.

Then they are going to give Vince the second half of the playbook, and start a reciever that he hasn't thrown to.

I can understand being "realistic" but with a team like the Titans, you sound more like chicken little.

12. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

HhaHAhha. Are you kidding me? Ever heard of a guy named Keith Bulluck? You should do your research before making stupid posts.

13. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

The key to winning football games is scoring points, which is obvious, but stay with me here.

We know it is highly unlikely the defense will score points, the Texans just don't have that type of defense. So, the offense needs to make things happen, and early in the game with scoring TDs. But, the offense is averaging about 7 points through 3 quarters of play for the season (and that is 4 games out of 6 at home). The offense still hasn't scored a TD on the road in the first 3 quarters. You could argue that the 3 TDs against Indy in the 4th doesn't really count, then you have no TDs on the road for the Texans.

The offense gets started way too late and that is a big problem if a team wants to win on the road.

If the Texans are sitting on 3 or 6 points at halftime, the game will probably get out of control mid to late in the 3rd quarter if hadn't already. The Titans can run the football consistently and they are going to do that all game long to wear the Texans defense down and put the game out reach so they can headhunt David Carr.

Key for the Texans, score TDs early and have at least 17 points going into halftime. Otherwise, there will be too much to overcome and the Texans haven't shown they can overcome and come from behind.

14. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

Hey, team, remember last week. Walk with a swagger. Offense, hold on to the ball. Defense, drive through the other guy. Allow Dc to AJ & Moulds to develop. Lundy, remember how it felt to sit? Everything is going to be just fine...

15. hollywood_texan

The Jag game could easily have went the other way.

Leftwich was playing on one leg...

The Texans still haven't proved anything, and they are even worse on the road.

16. Osso

Osso Veteran

In texas....a couple is 3 or more

17. hollywood_texan

So, you have the Baker's Dozen,

and now...

the Texas Threesome?

I couldn't resist.

18. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

This should be a close game. I am hoping we will build on the Jags game (Jag injuries or not) where we are getting more comfortable in the scheme that Smith has employed. Smith is getting use to his personel as the personel is getting used to his scheme.

Offensively, hope to see more improvement in the running game.

19. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

then what is "a few" :confused: I thought that was 3 or more

20. kubs-elway

kubs-elway Rookie

"Of course I know Keith Bullock, The back of his jersy is always visible because he is running after the tailbacks that just blew by him!"

TEXANRED likes this.