2-Point Conversion Video

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Cjeremy635, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

Ok, here is the video of the 2-point conversion to clear things up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK8Dt2gJ7i0

For those saying that Dunta looked mad or upset after the play and that's why he took his helmet off, I think you are mistaken. Look after the play is over and you can see #92, I think it's Weaver, helping him to the sideline and it looks like Dunta is in some pain. Just my , but I think people are looking for things that aren't there. I have criticized Dunta for his play this year just as much as the next guy, but come on fans! Are we really looking at this and harping on him about it? Yes, he did blow coverage on this play. Yes, he has been getting beaten repeatedly. No, he did not take his helmet off and sit on the field when this play was over. Stop making things up people, you see what you want to see.

Oh yeah, it was nice to see Mario yip the ball on this play.

2. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

BS--your video even shows Dunta on the field. Lewis Sanders leans over to him at the :14 mark. Not like I needed to see the video since I sit on the front row on that side of the field at the 10 yd line and Dunta sat down only a few yards away. You could see the emotion on his face as he walked by.

3. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

I see the emotion on his face when he is leaving the field and it looks like pain. Just a thought Infantry, if he took his helmet off for no reason wouldn't the ref have thrown a flag? The ref walked up to him when Weaver was helping him off the field and said something to him. I would imagine that if he had no reason for taking his helmet off (injury/wind knocked out of him) that he would have been penalized. JMHO

4. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Fine everyone can have an opinion on interpreting his face. I gave mine. I saw Dunta on the field with his helmet off with my own eyes so that was not something being made up, i.e. a lie, as you alleged.

I don't know the rule exactly but players take there helmets off a ton and don't get flagged for it unless they chuck their helmet or do so in anger so they can jaw jack at someone.

5. Rightnow

Rightnow Veteran

I heard Weaver on the radio last night saying that he helped Dunta off the field because Dunta was emotionally and physically spent right then. Someone asked Dunta what Weaver had said, and Dunta couldn't even remember.

It is possible that Weaver picked him up because he saw him take his helmat off and didn't want a penalty.

6. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

I have to spread the rep. Thanks for the headsup on this. I don't suppose you have the YouTube of Gado blowing up Zach Thomas, do you? Might make a nice avatar.

Anyway, I put the YouTube on the AOL blog along with some background information I found about the play on the net:

The Dolphin's Stupid Two-Point Conversion Attempt

7. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

This is from the Miami Herald article (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/15664784.htm) you linked to:

I like the analysis and inside reporting that was provided about the team. I'd like to have that here.

8. TexanFanInCC

TexanFanInCC Hall of Fame

in the 2 point conv. video, its hard to see where the ball is tipped and who tipped it. it definitely got tipped, but its hard to find the player. everyone says its mario, even kubes, so im going to go along with that. :yahoo:

9. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

Man, if Mario doesn't tip that ball, the game would have been tied.

10. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

Everytime I see Travis Johnson run, I laugh.

11. real

real Guest

I might get flamed for this....but....When I was watching the game....It didn't look like Mario tipped that pass...So I watched it again...and again...and again.....Doesn't even look like it on the re-play....It looks like he is very late trying to swat the ball down....The ball is already over his head before he raises his hand....

But even IF he did tip the ball....I think those recievers just messed up an opprotunity to be a hero....One of them should have caught that ball...

12. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

He did tip the ball. It doesn't show it very well in this clip, but they had a better clip that they showed Sunday night on "Football Night in America" on NBC before the Bears game and it had a much better angle where you could clearly see him get a finger or two on it. It may have been just enough to throw it off course. If the receiver hadn't fallen down though, he probably would have caught it anyways.

13. real

real Guest

Is Mario the defender that runs past Culpepper ??

14. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

15. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

No, Mario is on the goal line. He sees the play going to the left and runs down the line of scrimmage and tips the ball as it crosses the goal line. Look closely and you will see it. :wild: :redtowel:

16. real

real Guest

Ok...Well yeah it was him who tipped it....

Can you imagine if he's have picked it off .... that'd have been sweet X6

17. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

No. Mario is at about the 1 yard line running parallel to the goal line when he tipped it. Mario crashed hard inside at the snap and then reversed and took off in pursuit of McMichael (81) who went in motion right - set- then came back across to the left at the goal line. TJ (99) is the guy with the initial pressure on C-Pep.

18. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

19. real

real Guest

You'd be surprised at that the effect a long football game with so much emotion can have on you....

20. goodnews boy

goodnews boy Rookie

What? :yikes: Watch the path of the ball. It changed as the ball passed the blur. Now, why would Mario lie and say he tipped it if he didn't. He already got his 1 1/2 sacks.