2-0?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by DominickDavisFan76, May 20, 2006.

1. DominickDavisFan76

DominickDavisFan76 Veteran

Could the Texans equal their win total of last year in 2 games, or will It take them a couple weeks.

Or will they even get to 2-14?

2. mapleleaf

mapleleaf Veteran

Anything but a 2-14 would be okay...

I hope we can become like 4-4 by mid season, then we're okay.

3. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

If the Texans win only one game, I will probably hear "FIRE KUBES" ad naseum! And " I told you we should have drafted Bush"! rants/chants. GOSH, I really hope not! I'm pulling for Kubes & co. GO Super Mario!!!!:poker: :mario: :redtowel:

4. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I don't think it happens in the first two weeks. I think we can beat Phili but Indi is going to be a hard team to beat and we've never really had much luck against them. Washington should be a close game and I think that we can beat Miami so we can be 2-2 by our bye week.

5. Tex Trenches

Tex Trenches Veteran

I like our chances against Philly and Indy. I'd say 2-0 is highly possibly. The Texans will be extremely motivated to get the losing taste out of their mouths after a miserable 2005 campaign. As far as Indy goes, the Texans have one more life to give.

Go Texans!

6. dwilt72

dwilt72 Veteran

I think they will be 0-2. Everyone seems to be writing Philly off. Remember their problems last year were after McNabb got hurt and Owens imploded. They have since gotten rid of their big baby and McNabb should be back this year. Remember this team was in the Super Bowl at the end of the 2004 season.

7. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

There defense has been average. They have no good #1 WR. McNabb isn't going to have anyone to throw the ball to. And Brian Westbrook was pretty uncessful last year running as they had no running game.

8. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I hope we are 2-2 after 4 games.. I think we will struggle early on, just because of us learning a new system on both sides of the ball.

9. DominickDavisFan76

DominickDavisFan76 Veteran

Honestly I think we could go 2-0 because Philly doesnt have T.O.? should I say more,
    Indy is no longer a 2 dimensional team, because i dont think joseph addai will be effective with mario and demeco, so we will have peyton throwing all day, and even if he is good at doing that he wont win championships that way so i think we can go 2-0

10. Trapped

Trapped Veteran

i don't know, people on this board is underestimating Philly. Without T.O, they have always been a playoff team anyways until everything just fell apart last year.

I would love for us to be a team that shocks the world, and something inside tells me we can be.

dwilt72 likes this.
  11. NoBullTexan

NoBullTexan Veteran

We are fully capable of beating either Philly or Indy now. Something we could not have honestly said last year even though we were coming off a 7-9 season a year before that. We are going to beat Indy sometime, why not make it the first time we see them this year?

12. JAXwithanX

JAXwithanX Veteran

Philly is nowhere near the same team as they were before they had TO. They don't even have the same players hardly, not to mention they haven't drafted or filled in the old spots that well with young talent. Name a young player on that team that is about to make a difference? Unless McNabb comes on ridiculously strong and enables Reid to go back to calling the highest percent of passing plays in the league....Westbrook will be shut down again. And even if McNabb is strong....the deep ball isn't there for that team at the moment....so teams will still probably be shutting down their O. The only way the Eagles are going to contend is if their D takes a big step up, or if a WR comes out of nowhere to be a playmaker. They are definitely on the way down as of right now. Haven't drafted very well either the past few years. And all those players that do still happen to be there before TO....well they are 3 years older now.

13. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

Even without TO, they have lost a lot of talent over the last couple of years. They are also an old team. They can be a wildcard of sorts, but until they prove it on the field I think they are not a playoff team.

14. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

10 or 11 games we win, we lost how many games by less then 7 points 6 or 7?
    We are a FAAAR better team this year with a MUCH beter scheme, and all the guys are ready to go and are hungry and tired of lossing.
    I am telling you we are due for a BIG turn around.

15. Jwwillis

Jwwillis All Pro

Seems with a 0-2 prediction you have chosen to "write off" the Texans

16. mancunian

mancunian Daleks Rule

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irela
    Westbrook was injured last year for a large part of it as was half of the defence. I think they lost 5 defensive starters to IR.

17. mancunian

mancunian Daleks Rule

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irela
    I think Philly will be harder than the Colts. Indy lost James and I think he was a central plank of their offense.
    The Colts used the threat of an effective running game to sell a lot of Play Action which gives Manning more time. Dominic Rhodes will be the likelt starter and even though he is a goog player he's no Edge James.

18. wicked_wayz

wicked_wayz all blacks

yeah i too agree don't get me wrong but i love the texans to bits and would see nuffin more that a super bowl ring to them all, but i just got to think realistically, why cause first of all its going to take our players a while to learn the new scheme and in the first few games its going to show, but don't get me wrong i still believe they're going to give philly and indy a run for its money, we'll lose but it won't be a blowout. but i believe our team is really going to step up after the bye week and really start winning games cause by then they'll (rookies mostly) be more aware in executing their game plan. the texans i believe will have one of the most or if not the most rookies starting than any other nfl team

19. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

OK, 4-12. Happy with that? Maybe 5-11?

20. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

If past history has not been enough to tell us something then we have learned nothing :rolleyes:

Here's a novel :lightbulb: Lets try to focus on each game one at a time as they fall to us & base our prediction on sound anaylsis, current roster injurys, matchups & actually how well the Texans are playing verses their opponents. :mario: