Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

1st Round of Cuts

You had to see Armstrong coming. I still can't figure out how this guy never developed into a solid #3. I'll bet the Cowboys could use him.

Barrett Green goes from starter to unemployed in 3 weeks. He'll probably get picked up by someone.

Hape was probably a tough one for Kubiak.

Best of luck to Donovan Morgan. I guess there's only room for 1 New Orleans refugee on the roster.

Starling, we barely got a chance to know ya in 3 years.

And so long to one of the few remaining original Texans... Ramon Walker.

MojoMan said:
Here is a link to KFFL's NFL Transactions page. It tends to be kept more current than most pages of this type. As of 1:45 pm on Monday, August 28, 2006, there were no transactions listed for the Houston Texans.

Check out this page if you are interested in looking at players released by other teams...it seems like they keep it updated ever 15-30 mins or so...

No surprises here. Armstrong was getting cut, there is no value for the team to keep an active 5th WR at this point (save for Mathis on the prospective PUP).

Ouch! Jerry DeLoach got cut by the 49ers. If you're not good enough for the Texans AND the 49ers its time to start looking at a new career.

John Chick was cut, damn. That guy had a sack and a forced fumble in the KC game. Well I hope he gets picked up somewhere else.

Bye Armstrong, that guy made the tough catches and isnt Kendrick Starling that 220 lbs. who played Safety or who is that guy?

Goldeagle said:
Bye Armstrong, that guy made the tough catches and isnt Kendrick Starling that 220 lbs. who played Safety or who is that guy?

he's a wide reciever...

I'm kinda surprised to see Ramon Walker, Starling AND Armstrong cut. Wasn't Barrett Green doing a good job at LB? Thought I'd read some good things about him. Could some of these be re-signable later?

rblnick said:
You guys get it first. Here is our first round of cuts...

Armstrong, Derick WR Arkansas – Monticello

Brisiel, Mike G Colorado St.

Chick, John DE Utah St.

Floyd, Anthony DB Louisville

Green, Barrett LB West Virginia

Hape, Patrick TE Alabama

Moreland, Earthwind DB Georgia Southern

Morgan, Donovan WR LA – Lafayette

Rasheed, Saleem LB Alabama

Rhodes, Dominic RB Syracuse

Scandrett, Devarick DT Middle Tennessee St.

Starling, Kendrick WR San Jose St.

Walker, Ramon DB Pittsburgh
Thanks, that makes it easy

WILLIEG said:
Out of thesde guys who do you think will be the likely ones to go?
J. Charleston, M. Bruener, B. Bedell, D. Armstrong, K. Curtis, A. Floyd, K. Garrett, P. Hape, N.D. Kalu, D. Loverne, N. Luchey, J. Cook, E. Moreland,
D. Morgan, C Pickett, D. Polk, S. Rasheed, D. Rhodes, E. Salaam, D. Scandrett, J. Schifino, ZJ. Simmons, K. Starling, M. Stone, R. Walker, D. Wright.

you did good, nailed 7 of the 13 players named in cuts

In a week.. the cut to 53 is going to hurt.. We have some good players for depth right now.. Wow.. 22 players are YET to be cut in a week. Going to be a long week for people

If we didn't have Walters he would have probably been our number 3, But we need our number 4 and 5 recievers to contribute to special teams, and ...

Maddict5 said:
just saw on the transactions page that the jags waived K seth marler...worth a look??

Not very promising............Marler started for the Jaguars as a rookie in 2003, connecting on 20 of 33 field-goal attempts. He has not kicked in an NFL game since. He was signed and released by the Atlanta Falcons before Jacksonville signed him on Aug. 11.

mancunian said:
no wright was awful

He wasn't great...but we have had some "head-scratchers" concerning cuts (or not resigning).

I could be wrong but didn't we just "not resign" Foley & McCree. I dug both of them. I guess the Chargers are over there giggling at some of the Texans' decisions.

:brickwall

Oh well...spilt milk, right.

mancunian said:
no wright was awful

Yeah Wright was soooo awful he wasn't even useful as a nickle or dime back for the 2-14 Texans but started for the 7th passing D Jags last year and now is a nickle for 10th passing D Skins. He ain't great, much more of a yeoman but he isn't a complete hack either.

Back