Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

1st Preseason game, pass or fail

Grid

All Pro
So i figured id do just a quick rundown of what i took from the preseason game.

OFFENSE:

Passblocking: A
Runblocking: F
Passing: A
Rushing: F

DEFENSE:

Run Defense: F
Pass Defense: A
Pressure: F
Turnovers: F

I feel like our weakness, after watching a single preseason game, is the rush. We cant stop it, and we cant produce it. Our passing game doesnt seem to have lost a step since last season.. but we will need to get some kind of running game going if we are gonna make the playoffs this year.

I was also disappointed in our ability to pressure the QB and create turnovers. I gave our pass defense an A because it did "alright"..and would have been just fine if we hadnt failed in the other three catagories. Our rush defense was horrible.

DISCLAIMER:

Its one preseason game.. and the majority of our starters played for one series. Therefore.. this post is just messageboard fodder and has no solid evidence to support any of these grades.

i'm not sure i can agree on the defensive end, especially versus the run - atleast for the starters. mario and demeco might as well have built camps in the backfield and we didnt see much from them. i liked okam and travis johnson as well. our line is exceptionally strong but as a preseason game it was entirely too random to be seen.

on offense, i'm going to contradict my normal tune and blame the results on the runningbacks. blocking needs work and will improve immensely against actual opponents, but the backfield is in trouble.

Our defence had two interceptions, how does that translate into an F in defensive turnovers?

Also, if I'm not mistaken, there's more than just two grades in the american system :)

These are very interesting grades to say the least.... Pass defense got an A?
Turnovers got an F?

Did you see the right game? (no offense)

Our defence had two interceptions, how does that translate into an F in defensive turnovers?

Also, if I'm not mistaken, there's more than just two grades in the american system :)

in all fairness, the scrub overthrow to our safety squatting 7 yards behind the play and a snagged hail mary dont really count as gametime interceptions. though the hail mary grab was absolutely perfect.

in all fairness, the scrub overthrow to our safety squatting 7 yards behind the play and a snagged hail mary dont really count as gametime interceptions. though the hail mary grab was absolutely perfect.

I think the overthrow should count. We only saw Cutler for 2 series, so all we have to go on is the scrubs. Ferguson was in perfect position

Well I saw a little brother-in-law'in Saturday. Except for the one corner fire, which one of the young'uns missed BTW....I saw no backside chops.., by either club. I saw no DT -DE twists...which were the two plays that MS got planted on last year. Saints like to fight...gloves come off, preseason game or not, this week.

My grade is A. No one got hurt. Brown, Myers and Mr. B didn't pee their pants. Green is exposed. They gotta make a move at RB.

One thing you can take to the bank the week we play them, every d-co-ordinator on our schedule will have on the plate is DE-DT twists. We haven't blocked it yet.

Had another thought....wouldn't surprise me at all if Kubiak didn't ask for the corner fire just to test Taylor. Never know for sure. Just a hunch.

If two interceptions do not count, I would say that the same goes for the running game... Actually grades would be completely useless if some things count, and others do not.

Back