Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

1st Pick?

i gotta go with LT, He's like almost half of their offense. I lucked out and gottem with the 3rd overall, the guy in the 2 spot took jamal lewis :crazy: IMO.

I Think Jamal Lewis Is A Little Ahead Of Priest Holmes,BUT Do You Think HIS Upcoming Trial During The Season Will Effect His Draft Status ? We Have 16 Teams In Our Fantasy League And I'm Contemplating Taking A Qb Or Rb Since They Generally Get You The Most Points? We Go From 1-16 And Then 16-1 So Your First Pick Better Be Good One.

Vinny said:
....The reason Jamal has slid is because no one knows if he will continue to play once his court dates start and he was just charged yet AGAIN with more drug charges. I'd steer clear of him totally, but then again he could play the whole season. Its a risk the other top backs don't face however.

Vinny, aren't you in the same Fantasy League as me? Trying to throw us off with that Jamal story. That's it, I'm taking Jamal before you if I get the chance.

Priest Holmes.

Based on almost any scoring method you need to get your running backs early. Everyone would love to have one of the top five quarterbacks but their are more quarterbacks with a later draft pick that you could still pick up. If you wait too late to get your 2 starters at RB and also a solid backup for when one is off then you will be like Vinny said and trying to decide which seldom-used back to get.

If you are in a league that treats starting running backs like gold, you may want to spend your first three picks on them. The quality of depth at running back after the first three rounds usually drops off big time in those leagues.

I was actually in a league last year where 20 of the first 24 picks were RB's.

One of my sleeper picks at RB is Thomas Jones. The Bears are putting in the Rams/Chiefs style of offense and Jones will be taking the role of Marshall Faulk/Priest Holmes. If you want to take a RB later, he might be a steal.

you can't go wrong with Ahman Green either. He shared the ball with good frequency with 2 other quality backs last year and still rushed for 1800 and like 17 TD's. Also an excellent receiver out of the backfield.

Good Point Brad, Green Gets Alot Of Touches On Screen Passes.he Is A Security Blanket Every Qb In The League Would Love To Have. I'll Keep In Touch About The Madden Tourney Even If It Doesn't Turn Out I Still Bring My Playstation To The Games.

Here is my RB list so far. I have a FF draft on Sunday and am just now getting prepared:

1. Priest
2. LT
3. A. Green
4. Deuce
5. S. Alexander
6. Portis
7. Jamal Lewis

There is a big dropoff after that as far as I am concerned.

His trial isn't unti October. I see this in the same light as Kobe Bryant. Someone will miss out if they don't select Lewis.

you're probably right ogre, look at jason williiams from the nets he killed somebody and got away with it. i'm sure lewis' lawyers will find someway to prevent him from going behind bars. it never ceases to amaze me how these athletes get themselves into these situations. man i'm glad i don't make millions of dollars playing football :crazy:

Back