19 yds rushing on 14 attempts

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by infantrycak, Oct 15, 2006.

1. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Someone please, please explain again how we have a pretty good rushing game.

Oh and by the way--Dexter McCleon needs to be put out to pasture as a DB and there is no NO excuse for not signing Troy Vincent or Derrick Strait or someone else this week. Pathetic.

2. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I believe all thoughts of us having any kind of running game (good, bad, "other") are out the window. We might as well not even have any running backs on our roster. Why waste the space? We could line any one of our TE's back there and get these results.

As for signing of other players I am at a complete loss. Apparently any bum who played for Denver once or who Gary thinks is "one of his guys" )or Sherm's) can get a job (Hey, they'll even cut one of the current stiffs to make room) but free agents that could actually improve our circumstances aren't worth looking at.

3. Scott747

Scott747 Rookie

I'll continue to support GK.

But at the same time, I am seriously questioning some of the decision making that is going on now. Having a back that takes what seems like five seconds to hit the line is getting stale.

4. infantrycak

I want at least a story that Houston tried to sign Vincent. Otherwise I am giving the big middle finger. Still a fan, still buy seats, not quiting, but that is my feedback.

5. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I heard on the radio last week that the Texans had no interest in Vincent.

6. sleepwalker

sleepwalker Veteran

Our offensive line played like a bunch of panzies...Our inability to run the ball was a huge factor in this loss.

I don't care what scheme they try to use and I have said this before *You just can't polish a turd*

I think we all see now how important some kind of running game is!!!

7. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

Run & Shoot anyone?

I mean b/c at this point running is POINTLESS.

8. Vendetta, R.

Vendetta, R. Rookie

Maurice Jones Drew. Very late 2nd round, the steal of the draft. Imagine if Bush had 2 games of 2tds like drew does. Espn would explode.

9. Dubya

Dubya All Pro

I know. I was pissed. Everytime I saw DC hand the ball off I screamed at the TV "WHY?!"

10. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

cak, I'm stealing part your words for a quote.

11. J-Storm

J-Storm Veteran

What I don't get even as a huge Domanick Davis fan was that we all knew he was a liability coming into the season. Yet... even with that in mind and the # of backs that were available around, we didn't try to get anybody until Gado and Jacobs. Now if someone can explain this logic to me then I'm quite willing to listen, because I know we have other guys we can use that we have drafted. But why did we not seem to go after a name RB...why???

12. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

Was it just me or did the backs seem like they were running in slow motion today at Dallas?

I mean it took forever for them to get to the line of scrimmage...

With this running game and collection of backs, we will never get to where we want to be. I have been saying this for a long time now and have received so many neg reps it's not even funny.

But the running game is BROKE, period. It must be addressed in the 07 draft with the first pick, not try and find a bloomer in the 2nd to 7th rounds. We have tried that every year now and look were we are. The time is now my friends, The hub has no wheels...

13. infantrycak

Lee Suggs is sitting out there but evidently along with the CB thumb, the RB thumb is stuck squarely in a sphincter.

14. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Absolutely PATHETIC! no other words describe that.

15. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

We acctually tried to trade up for DeAngelo Williams on draft day, but it didnt happen. Its hard to tell exactly who's at fault, but its looking like both the line and the backs are screwing up pretty badly.

16. tsip

tsip Hall of Fame

I'm still trying to figure out why Kubiak said-virtually from day one-we had 'no problrms' with our RBs or DBs---saying this even when it was clear that Davis may be out...what was he thinking?
    :yahoo:

17. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I am with you, you can't tell me there isn't someone out there that would help this team.. and also one that we would sign for the league minimum

18. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

I don't blame the line at all after what I saw on TV. Exactly how long do they need to open a hole up and HOLD it for peeks sake? I mean come on, we have 0 speed in the backfield right now. And don't even get me started on the DB's, that is another thread...

19. Dubya

Dubya All Pro

I agree. They line is doing better at protecting DC so far but they can't seem to open up the run game. And the backs aren't helping by being so dern slow.

20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I'll point out that Dallas has a highly ranked run defense. OUr pretty good run game didn't have a chance today. if we only ran the ball 14 times, for the entire game, we played right into their hands.

It's not only about gaining yards, yes that is a big part of it, but it's also about keeping the other team off balanced.

We need to improve our running game, that ain't no lie, but dedicated to the run game, and 14 carries a game is an oxymoron...... it don't work like that, and it won't work like that.

Just like the Miami game, where our run game kept us on the field, and them off the filed, & kept David from trying to win the game with 4776 pass attempts.

I will say for the way this offensive line is playing, that Dayne & Gado aren't fast enough to be of any use to us. at the same time, Mariion Barber would be having a hard time. If Kubiak is going to make our running game work, he's going to have to activate Lundy, and live with it.