168 year-old Joe Paterno signs 4-year extension

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Vinny, May 16, 2004.

1. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

In related news, Penn St signed 532 year-old Jedi master Yoda to coach the linebackers....

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04135/316297.stm

2. Mistril48

Mistril48 All Pro

I don't understand the extension beyond it was what Paterno wanted. It's good to see loyalty going BOTH ways. Paterno has always run a model program, always leading the nation in graduation rates among football players. He also has been very generous in gifting back to the school (for libraries, etc.) I believe.

3. texasduece

texasduece Rookie

This could be a lifetime contract. 81, I would love to coach that long. One thing is for sure at this point it can't be for money, I think it is great.

4. cap1

cap1 All Pro

I don't think that Paterno will retire until Bobby Bowden does. They are basically neck and neck in the All time wins colum. I just don't see Paterno living long enough to overtake Bobby B.

5. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

Bowden is 75 and has an extensive pool of superior athletes; however, Miami and VAtech are moving into the conference and this might make the wins a little tougher to get.