16-32 for 167 yards.. 0 TDs... 0 Ints

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by thunderkyss, Nov 12, 2006.

1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

His stats don' look great at all. 50% completion. less than 200 yards passing. No touchdowns.

But I must say this was David's best game of the year. He was decisive. The balls were well placed. He kept his head in the game, the ball came out on time, And he took care of the ball.

I said this game was going to be a defensive win, looking at the stats, and the score, it would be easy to make that argument. But I truly believe this win is just as much a David Carr win as a defensive win.

2. TexanFanInCC

TexanFanInCC Hall of Fame

he was better than sage this time around....hehe

3. ib4texans

ib4texans Veteran

You left out the 47 rushing yards, 14 of which came on a crucial 3rd down play. To be fair Sage came in and only had 9 passing yards due to play calling. I give the win to the D and David Carr and his shoulder contussion

4. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

What I thought was most impressive was his determination. His run on 3rd down and his effort to take the beating so he could continue the drive was amazing. He did whatever he could to put us in position to win and it showed. I really think that benching him against Tennessee was the best thing that's ever happened to him. Its like he has a new lease on life after what happened, another great move on Kubiak's part (going for it on 4th and 1 was also a nice move on his part).

5. Paragon Blue

Paragon Blue Veteran

was that the play that DC almost ran over that db!!!

6. texflex513

texflex513 All Pro

Carr's competitive fire is burning strong he might not be highly vocal but he is tough and i agree totally!

7. texansfanquecaneh

texansfanquecaneh Rookie

But he had to throw a few away due to Jacksonville defenders in his face. At least he didn't give up a few sacks. I think the passes knocked down were also due to Jacksonville pushing our offensive line back.
    We still need to improve on the offensive line. Rosenfels was sacked as soon as he came in.:twocents:

8. UberDork

UberDork Veteran

The only thing that really concerned me were the blocked passes...Seemed like he was staring a hole into his intended receiver on those plays and the Jags D-line took notice.

All in all, we won, so I am pleased.

9. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

David had a solid game, played better early.

He went through a rough stretch in the second quarter where many plays resulted in a batted ball or a "throw-away". Throw aways are good, but the Jags were sitting on the PA rollout to the right side.

10. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I agree TK. David has improved much since being benched, and even though he hasn't recorded any TDs.... he has shown improvement.

He also gets credit for being one of the toughest QBs ever, IMO.

11. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

I really hope the Sage crowd saw Sage agaiinsrt first team Jax looking flustered. Hopefully this ends any potential QB controversey.

12. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

That is a concern, but the announcer was stating he had a horrible pocket to throw through.

David played smart, he threw passes away when he needed to. The Jags were ALL OVER the bootleg and throwing the ball away is much better than forcing a ball and getting an int.

How many passes were dropped? I know AJ is good for a couple at least.

13. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I doubt it..

14. ib4texans

ib4texans Veteran

I just hope we don't get to see how well Sage performs next week, hopefully David Carr will continue his tough ways and be right back in it.

15. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Sage seemed ok (for a back up). Dont expect much from him.

On a side note, Carr running over a guy was nice, and seeing him come out to put his hand in support for Weigert (who sucks) was nice. I guess that run, and coming out to Weigert is a sure sign of someone who is not a leader :/

16. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

17. Scooter

Scooter Funky

getting the touchdown on the opening drive was big, but if AJ was able to get that catch into the endzone i think it would've been an incredible boost to our offense. they really do seem to feed off of carr, and plays like that long pass and carr's runs get the offense amped up.

18. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

You forgot his runs. He had the longest run for the Texans. Strange game when your QB has the longest run of the day and is the 2nd best back in terms of yards gained rushing.

19. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Speaking of QBs running, how about RBs passing? Who forgot to tell our RBs to throw the ball away when they're about to get sacked? :brickwall

20. keyser

keyser Hall of Fame

He did do a good job at getting rid of it, but he has to be more careful of intentional grounding. I believe it was on one of those bootlegs, that he threw the ball away but didn't get it past the LOS (a few yards short, according to the TV LOS mark), and I saw no receiver in the area (could have been a tight TV shot, though). Fortunately, the refs missed that one, as well as another one that appeared close. They caught him on a later one, though.