#1 Draft bowl predictions

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

ok. I mean no disrespect to the 49ers (good win today) but this is about the only game that I feel the Texans should win if we show up.

Texans 24
    49ers 20

2. Honch Delgado

Honch Delgado Veteran

Frank Gore is pretty good and the SF defense is OK. If we don't get to Smith, I think we get the #1 outright.

3. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

Gore is a decent RB but their OL isn't very good, and as for their defense they are 31st in scoring and 32nd in yards allowed, they have a couple decent players but their defense as a whole is the worst in the game. I haven't seen any of their games so I don't know how much of their problem is personnel vs. coaching/playcalling.

4. UGA

UGA Rookie

We need to bench every player with a pulse. Bush is ours if we dont try to get cute in a meaningless game.

5. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

BUSH AND DRAFTS. DRAFTS AND BUSH. WOOO.

Seriously, drafting is a hot topic, and it's great to know that Bush has a hand in drafting policy.

Mr. Bush, the fate of the draft is in your hands. Make drafting a success. Make drafting a catastrophic success.

6. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Winning this game would set the organization back even further. It's a complete failure after 4 years and losing this draft pick could affect the rebuilding process by years.

7. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Pretend this game has no draft implications. Pretend that this game with the 49ers means nothing. Just imagine that if we win we'll be .500 and if we lose we'll somehow magically be .500 (and then pretend that the same thing applies to the 49ers).

There's no way on earth we win this game. To begin with it's on the road. The Texans haven't won a game on the road since what? Last year in Jacksonville? Is that correct? So basically we're going to do something that we haven't done once all year long? I don't think that's very likely.

Second we're going to be facing the legendary Frank Gore and the equally intimidating Maurice Hicks. Those two accounted for a whopping 177 yards today versus St Louis and they're going to have a field day against us. If you don't think they're "legendary" then at least accept that they'll look like it against our defense.

Third the 49ers aren't playing for a coach who's going to be cleaning out his desk after the game ends and he gets back to his office. They're in year one of a rebuilding with this guy and they're not quitting on him. I'm not saying our guys are quitting on Dom Capers but I am saying that the 49ers are building something and our guys are well aware of the fact that we're about to tear down something. I don't think that's going to help their attitude on gameday.

Finally I might have some hope if we had ever, even once, won the last game of a season but we haven't. Last year we had a lot more to play for and we mailed it in. This year I bet we not only mail it in but we fail to put sufficient postage on it and it gets sent back.

There's no way we beat the 49ers this week. Reggie Bush, or the draft windfall he represents, whichever you prefer is ours when the final whistle blows next week.

8. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

I sure hope you're right Herv.

9. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

:rofl: That's gotta be THE brutal quote of the week!

10. royce1054

royce1054 All Pro

My prediction is that we will pick first and trade the pick to either SF, NYJ, GB, or Tenn. Take either Jimmy Williams CB Va Tech, AJ Hawk LB Ohio st, Chad Greenway OLB Iowa, Eric Winston OT Miami, or Dbrick OT Va Tech i think thats where he is from.

Then take the some of the picks we got and package 2 or 3 depending on trades and move back up into the late 1st round and select either Scott, Jean-Giles, Setterstrom, Huff, Dumerville maybe 1 or 2 more i cant think of right now.

then with 1st pick in the 2nd we take Setterstrom, or best TE available. Also depending on what our 1st & 2nd round pick is and what FA signings we have these can change.

THE ONLY WAY WE TAKE BUSH IS IF WE SIGN 1 OR 2 FA'S BEFORE THE DRAFT!!!! NO OTHER WAY MAKES ANY POSSIBLE SENSE. I MEAN COME ON. Lets be realistic here.

11. LBC_Justin

LBC_Justin All Pro

You don't draft for need when there is an OVERWHELMING talented #1 pick. You take the talent.

If we get the #2-#4 pick maybe we trade down. But there is no way you pass up an opportunity to get Reggie Bush. The guy is going to be amazing and would be the Face of this franchise for the next few years. (you can't say that about anyone we trade down for.)

12. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

You do realize that Reggie Bush, for all his Hall of Fame Pro-Bowl talent, would be nothing behind our current o-line and offense, correct?

Dude is amazing talent and quite possibly the playmaker of the century, but football is a team sport, and we need 10 other solid players on the field to let him do his thing.

13. DRAMA

DRAMA All Pro

I'm not sure if that's fair. DD does fine when he's in there, as does Wells. Our O-Line does an above average job of run blocking. A pure toss sweep with DD or Wells is in no way the same play as when Bush would run it, no matter what team he's playing for.

14. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

I predict that Alex Smith throws his first and second NFL TD's this week. Can we muster up more then 14 to win?

15. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

I have no doubt Alex Smith will throw his first TD against our stellar defense.:crying:

16. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

You're right, man. I didn't mean to diss DD or any of our RBs, as they have been one of the few bright spots on our team this year.

But for them, or Reggie, to be successful, we need a solid TE (that can catch and block), plus a dependable #2 WR. Our o-line has certainly been part of our problem, but they've shown some signs that we're not that far off if we just add some talent (not necessarily an overhaul).

New coaching can breath fire into a set of players. Add some talent to other positions, along with Bush, and we could be rebounding next year to great heights. I feel confident and optimistic that we have a lot of talent to worth with, and it just takes a new approach by a new coaching staff to turn this thing around.

Call me crazy, but I'm going to believe that way in spite of it. :)

17. sprtsfanatic

sprtsfanatic All Pro

So if you agree that our OL is serviceable (not great but serviceable) and we all know that Bush has more talent than DD, and that all we need is a #2 wr, and a TE to finally do something in for this franchise....why not pick Bush witht the number 1 pick and I think Mathis will be our #2 next year...that leaves a TE to come in and do something, and some help on our OL with our other picks in the draft....what is sooo wrong with Bush at the 1 spot??

18. dat_boy_yec

dat_boy_yec All Pro

Your crazy, and so is I cuz I agree with you. I can actually hear next years announcers saying something like. "Can you believe the Texans almost passed on this talent." or "This Texans team may be in the playoffs." or "They won I can't believe the Texans have won again" dont take my dreams away pleaasseee they're all I have left right now.

19. dat_boy_yec

dat_boy_yec All Pro

I think he agreed with you, because he said add some talent, along with Bush. Personally though I would also love to see Bush in red white and blue

20. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

are you telling me we are in the "rebuilding" process of our franchise already,,,i know we had a bad year but i seriously doubt we are to that point.