Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

1-15 or 0-16 season.

I got my money on 1-15 and we lock the number one pick drafting Matt Lionheart but thats another story.

...most posters predicted we'll beat the Bengals in wk 4---better think again-- almost 500 yds offense including 3 passing TD's--defense intercepted Culpepper 5 times!! Titans won, so guess who has sole possession of the cellar? :yahoo:

tsip said:
...most posters predicted we'll beat the Bengals in wk 4---better think again-- almost 500 yds offense including 3 passing TD's--defense intercepted Culpepper 5 times!! Titans won, so guess who has sole possession of the cellar? :yahoo:

I can't honestly think of a single team that would lose to the Texans that I have seen the past few weeks.

:brickwall

you know we draft matt linart with this line and we will just break him too. i'd love to have linart but we need a wideout and a tight end and a offensive line first

jacquescas said:
you know we draft matt linart with this line and we will just break him too. i'd love to have linart but we need a wideout and a tight end and a offensive line first

But thats why we are going to have a new GM and coach were starting new again it sucks but we have too.

I forgot to put Casserly in the clueless list, this guy is the main reason the Texans suck, he’s the guy that should be fired NOW.

Let's not forget though, that the as ineffective as the Texans looked, they were playing pretty much the best this league has to offer. What other team plays the #2 adn #1 defense back-to-back, especially on their first two games? It's not like I have Super Bowl expectations, but before we blow the roof off of the Texans, let's see how they play against some teams who aren't expected to destroy every other team in the league.

:texflag:

I sat thru the Cowboys 1-15 season.

This Texans team is not nearly as bad as they were.....maybe they won't have a winning record but I just feel so much of why the Texans are playing so poorly is mental.

A big interception, a fumble recovery....SOMETHING could maybe shock this team into doing better. Instead they get behind and can't seem to get out of the hole they dig.

I really sense that the players are not buying into the game planning, the coaching. They are not playing with any fire at all. Like they don't care.......

Texas_Heat said:
This team has no heart and their leaders (the owner,coaches and carr) are clueless. :bag: :fans:

Yeah..funny how losing consistently opens eyes..to the Texan homers..is the preseason still immaterial ..I would say it told the story of your team..other fans you should want Cass, Coach and Carr's head by now
:homer: :brickwall

The Texans must have finally turned the offense over to Casserly in the third, though. That drive was awesome to watch. When the Texans throw the short passes, they can move the ball. They showed promise. If they had been doing thatfrom the start of the game, instead of running after running after running, they could have made this an interesting game.

WWJD said:
I sat thru the Cowboys 1-15 season.

This Texans team is not nearly as bad as they were.....maybe they won't have a winning record but I just feel so much of why the Texans are playing so poorly is mental.

A big interception, a fumble recovery....SOMETHING could maybe shock this team into doing better. Instead they get behind and can't seem to get out of the hole they dig.

I really sense that the players are not buying into the game planning, the coaching. They are not playing with any fire at all. Like they don't care.......

Sticking with 4-12. We can't block, pressure the QB and we have a staff that will not adapt. We got Tenn. Seatle, and Jax coming up we should get one of those.

I couldn't begin to guess the Texans record for the year because they are in such a funk right now and it dates back to the last game last year if fans will remember. They let a clueless Cleveland team come here and push them around.

You get a very depressed feeling right now watching the Texans. Helpless feeling almost. You know they should and could do better but for some reason it's not happening. We all knew they played in a tough division and a tough conference.

I do think that most expected this team to take steps forward and not backward as they have. That's the disappointing thing. They are going backwards. And that started with the Cleveland game last year.

Think about this. Going back to the Browns game to end the year, the last 5 games in which the starters have played, they have been CRUSHED, each game. Five incredibly bad performances in a row. That's not an aberation, or even a trend. That is who this team is right now. AWFUL!

ROYDESTROY said:
Yeah..funny how losing consistently opens eyes..to the Texan homers..is the preseason still immaterial ..I would say it told the story of your team..other fans you should want Cass, Coach and Carr's head by now
:homer: :brickwall

Yeah...another brilliant comment. You are funny.

oso said:
Let's not forget though, that the as ineffective as the Texans looked, they were playing pretty much the best this league has to offer. What other team plays the #2 adn #1 defense back-to-back, especially on their first two games? It's not like I have Super Bowl expectations, but before we blow the roof off of the Texans, let's see how they play against some teams who aren't expected to destroy every other team in the league.

:texflag:

You obviously didn't catch the Buffalo/Tampa score...

the wonger need food said:

Yup. That, sadly, was what finally pushed me from "concerned" to seriously worried. Tampa must've used more than 2 run plays in their game plan....I bet that helped. :woot2

:embarrass Ok things to do list for Mcnair on Monday.

Fire Capers
Fire Casserly
Ask Babin if he's played fullback
Call around for a good personel man.
Lower the price on beer

Take a lunch break.

Start calling around for takers on Carr for a #2.

Yup. That, sadly, was what finally pushed me from "concerned" to seriously worried. Tampa must've used more than 2 run plays in their game plan....I bet that helped.

I watched the clips and from what the showed Griese looked like Elway, Cadillac, man what an awesome RB, and their D looks like the old Tama defense, they made Losman look like a clown...

Now is not the time to draft a QB. I say build the wall that protects the most valuable yet vulnerable asset instead of having that person delivered early with no wall to deflect the shots.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. I don't think we'll be very good this year, but to start counting on the first pick in the upcoming draft is too early.

That being said, if the unthinkable does happen and we end up with the pick, I think we need to trade it and parlay the desire for just about every team to get Matt Leinart into multiple early picks and possibly some talent on the O-line.

I think Carr is the QB for us so long as we can actually get an O-line that is somewhat servicable and can compete.

Go Texans

Historyhorn said:
I think Carr is the QB for us so long as we can actually get an O-line that is somewhat servicable and can compete.

Go Texans

Unfortunately I have to agree with the guys on 610... Carr is damaged goods.

the wonger need food said:

And nobody was surprised by that score? I don't think the Bills knew what him them. They assumed they would push over Tampa the way they pushed over Houston. Don't expect a second team to be so unprepared for the Bucs . Cadillac busted them up. If Capers really wants an all-running team, he should invest in some Cadillac-hyped running backs.

texan279 said:
I watched the clips and from what the showed Griese looked like Elway, Cadillac, man what an awesome RB, and their D looks like the old Tama defense, they made Losman look like a clown...
So what would they make us look like?

All 0-2 teams up to this point could put us away easily right now. Perhaps we will use the resulting high draft picks to address pass protection for once.

(Or don't and convince Vince Young to not play his senior year at UT)

BREAZE said:
(Or don't and convince Vince Young to not play his senior year at UT)

lol: No . . . if the Texans end up with the first pick of the draft, that alone will convince Young to stick around for his senior year, just like Michael Vick did.

Marcus said:
lol: No . . . if the Texans end up with the first pick of the draft, that alone will convince Young to stick around for his senior year, just like Michael Vick did.

lol...true and coming from a Texas fan that would not be a bad thing.
:ok:

Back