Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-27-2013   #1
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans 2013 NFL Draft, Rounds 4, 5, 6, & 7

Maybe we can pick up some good left overs today.

I wouldn't mind getting a good RB if there are any left.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Texans 2013 NFL Draft, Rounds 4, 5, 6, & 7

There are 2-3 good RB's I'd be happy with later.

I still would like 1 more WR and just solidify that position going forward for awhile. Still alot of WRs who were considered potential mid-late 2nd rounders.

No longer really interested in a TE.

As for QB I could be happy with Dysert or Bray.

and that's really all I want for offense.

Defense we just need DEPTH .... and maybe an NT/DT with a potential to start. so just BPA at all positions there.
Old 04-27-2013   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Right now my main interests are in NT, RB and QB. I'm pretty sure another D lineman of some sort will be taken by the Texans today. I've also grown leery of Ben Tate and would like another RB. As to QB, if Keenum isn't going to work out (I REALLY hope he does) then we need to start looking.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Right now my main interests are in NT, RB and QB. I'm pretty sure another D lineman of some sort will be taken by the Texans today. I've also grown leery of Ben Tate and would like another RB. As to QB, if Keenum isn't going to work out (I REALLY hope he does) then we need to start looking.
I would definitely add ILB to that "want" list.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Mike Gislelli is available and might be a decent pickup here. Also a fan of looking into Da'Rick Rogers or Ryan Swope at WR.
Old 04-27-2013   #6
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone think Marcus Lattimore will be picked or are those major injuries too much of a concern?

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #7
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
Does anyone think Marcus Lattimore will be picked or are those major injuries too much of a concern?
He'll get picked, he's got too much talent not to at least take a late round flyer on to see if he recovers from injury well.
Sponsored links
Old 04-27-2013   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Packers have 10 picks today. Worth a flyer for them.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #9
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Lattimore will go to the Patriots
Old 04-27-2013   #10
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Maybe we can pick up some good left overs today.

I wouldn't mind getting a good RB if there are any left.

Andre Ellington?
Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Barkley to the Eagles, fairly surprising!
Old 04-27-2013   #12
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 168714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I would definitely add ILB to that "want" list.
Yeah, I concur. Has Sharpton ever made it thru a complete season?? And Rudd would be good enough if it were 4-5 yrs ago; now, not so much. Let's give Cush some help.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #13
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Yeah, I concur. Has Sharpton ever made it thru a complete season?? And Rudd would be good enough if it were 4-5 yrs ago; now, not so much. Let's give Cush some help.
I definitely want to see another WR taken, maybe not in the 4th but I want one more.

Dang, Nico Johnson gone.
Old 04-27-2013   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Dang, Nico Johnson gone.
Damn.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #15
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad that Nico was taken, I want Greene or Klein.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #16
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

We need to move up. There are still a few guys who can come in and make an impact this year for us.
Old 04-27-2013   #17
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 168714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
We need to move up. There are still a few guys who can come in and make an impact this year for us.
don't keep us in suspense, name names!
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #18
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74785 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Packers rumored to be offering Desmond Bishop ILB for trade. He any good?

Put this here since it may be a trade for picks.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #19
coon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
don't keep us in suspense, name names!
Jesse Wiliiams NT, Keseem Greene ILB, A.J. Klein ILB, Im sure there are more but those are my guys. Greene and Klein can cover TE, and Greene is an absolute Navarro Bowman type still at this point IMO.
Alex Okafor too, Montgomery is probably better at DE, Okafor is twitchy and could play OLB.

Last edited by coon; 04-27-2013 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Forgot a player.
Old 04-27-2013   #20
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Would love to see us pick him up. Perfect situation - plenty of starting talent at the position - he can train, build up any strength and not have to worry about being put in harms way for the first year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read