Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-31-2013   #61
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Talk UDFA Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Looks like Wood could be a keeper in the Alfred Morris kinda way.
I think you're probably on to something there. DJ was my pick and I thought he looked good a couple of times but I could see the chain around his dog house neck early. He danced too much, a Kubiak no-no and when he put the ball on the ground we all knew he was toast, not even qualifying for the dog house.

He certainly earned his "apple and roadmap".

I wasn't a fan of Wood(NO F'KN "S"!) at the onset but it sure didn't take long for him to make me a believer! One cut and go and the man runs strong. This cat is no 'flash in the pan'. I see real staying power there. I think those who've pegged him to fill Tate's spot next season are spot on. The kid can play. Burst, vision, elusiveness when called for and run you the f'k over when that what he needs to do. Very wise choice by the FO. IMO

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #62
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Looks like I got Wood and Tuggle right.

I thought Johnson would make it over Wood due to his ST's value. But Johnson's fumbling problem combined with Wood clearly being being the better RB doomed Johnson.

I kinda figured one of the FA RB's would replace Forsett on the cheap. Looks like Wood could be a keeper in the Alfred Morris kinda way.
Your cards are looking darn good Steelb.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #63
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

A question regarding Ja'Gared Davis: Do the Texans have first opportunity to PS him or do the Patriots?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #64
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
A question regarding Ja'Gared Davis: Do the Texans have first opportunity to PS him or do the Patriots?
I believe we should get first crack, but I am not 100%.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013   #65
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I believe we should get first crack, but I am not 100%.
I don't think there is any order for PS. Any eligible player can sign with any team.
Old 08-31-2013   #66
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91652 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It would be completely Ja'Gared's choice as to which offer he took.
Old 08-31-2013   #67
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't think there is any order for PS. Any eligible player can sign with any team.
Right. They are free agents and can negotiate with multiple teams at the same time.
Old 08-31-2013   #68
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I thought Johnson would make it over Wood due to his ST's value. But Johnson's fumbling problem combined with Wood clearly being being the better RB doomed Johnson.

I kinda figured one of the FA RB's would replace Forsett on the cheap. Looks like Wood could be a keeper in the Alfred Morris kinda way.
I didn't see Wood having a chance against Johnson based on their college careers at RB, but that was clearly not the case.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #69
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2013 TT UDFA Game winner is TexansSeminole, with an outstanding 25.5 points. Coming in second is steelbtexan, and in third bckey, with 20 and 17.5 points respectively. Congratulations to those 3!

Rey
1) Michigan State CB Johnny Adams- Cut 8/2
2) Cincy RB George Winn- Cut 5/15
3) SMU LB Ja'gared Davis- Cut 8/27- signed by NE Patriots- Cut 8/31
4) Kansas State Justin Tuggle- 7 points
5) Notre Dame RB Cierre Wood- 6 points
Total: 13 points

Dutchrudder
1) Notre Dame RB Cierre Wood- 10 points
3) Michigan State CB Johnny Adams- Cut 8/2
4) Kansas State LB Justin Tuggle- 7 points
5) Ohio State CB Travis Howard- Cut 8/27
Total: 17 points

keyser
1) Arkansas RB Dennis Johnson- Cut 8/30- Signed by Browns 9/1- 5 points
2) Michigan State CB Johnny Adams- Cut 8/2
3) Texas A&M WR Uzoma Nwachukwu- Cut 8/30- PS’d 9/1- 4 points
4) Illinois C Graham Pocic- No contract with Texans; IR’d by Rams (no points)
5) Ohio State CB Travis Howard- Cut 8/27
Total: 9 points

NCTexan
1) Cincy RB George Winn- Cut 5/15
3) Kansas State LB Justin Tuggle- 8 points
4) Florida DE Earl Okine- Cut 8/27
5) SMU LB Ja’Gared Davis- Cut 8/27- signed by NE Patriots- Cut 8/31
Total: 8 points

steelbtexan
2) Michigan State CB Johnny Adams-Cut 8/2
4) Notre Dame RB Cierre Wood- 7 points
5) USC S Jawanza Starling- Cut 8/30
Total: 20 points

kingtexan
1) Kansas State LB Justin Tuggle- 10 points
2) Kansas State QB Collin Klein- Not offered contract
4) SMU LB Ja’Gared Davis- Cut 8/27- signed by NE Patriots- Cut 8/31
5) USC S Jawanza Starling- Cut 8/30
Total: 10 points

SteveSlaton20
1) Pittsburgh RB Ray Graham- Cut 8/27- PS’d 9/2- 5 points
3) Texas A&M WR Ozoma Nwachukwu- Cut 8/30- PS’d 9/1- 4 points
4) USC S Jawanza Starling- Cut 8/30
5) SMU LB Ja'Gared Davis- Cut 8/27- signed by NE Patriots- Cut 8/31
Total- 9 points

The Pencil Neck
2) SMU LB Ja'Gared Davis- Cut 8/27- signed by NE Patriots- Cut 8/31
3) Cincy RB George Winn- Cut 5/15
4) Ohio State FB Zach Boren- Cut 8/27- PS’d 9/1- 3.5 points
5) Michigan State CB Johnny Adams-Cut 8/2
Total: 13.5 points

bckey
3) Texas A&M WR Uzoma Nwachukwu- Cut 8/30- PS’d 9/1- 4 points
4) Arkansas RB Dennis Johnson- Cut 8/30- Signed by Browns 9/1- 3.5 points
5) Florida DE Earl Okine- Cut 8/27
Total: 17.5 points

rmartin65
2) Ohio State CB Travis Howard- Cut 8/27
4) Florida DE Earl Okine- Cut 8/27
5) Georgia WR Marlon Brown- Left Rookie Minicamp 5/10

RT22
1) Pittsburgh RB Ray Graham- Cut 8/27- PS’d 9/2- 5 points
2) Arkansas RB Dennis Johnson- Cut 8/30- Signed by Browns 9/1- 4.5
4) Texas A&M WR Uzoma Nwachukwu- Cut 8/30- PS’d 3.5 points
5) SMU LB Ja'Gared Davis- Cut 8/27- signed by NE Patriots- Cut 8/31

Wolf6151
2) Georgia WR Marlon Brown- Left Rookie Minicamp 5/10
3) Syracuse WR Alec Lemon- Placed on IR 8/27- 4 points
4) Notre Dame RB Cierre Wood- 7 points
5) Kansas State LB Justin Tuggle- 6 points

TexansSeminole
1) Ohio State FB Zach Boren- Cut 8/27- PS’d 9/1- 5 points
2) Stephen F. Austin DE/OLB/ST Willie Jefferson- 9 points
4) Arkansas RB Dennis Johnson- Cut 8/30- Signed by Browns 9/1- 3.5 points
5) Michigan State CB Johnny Adams- Cut 8/2
Total: 25.5 points

drs23
1) Cincy RB George Winn- Cut 5/15
2) Kansas State LB Justin Tuggle- 9 points
4) SMU LB Ja'Gared Davis- Cut 8/27- Signed by NE Patriots- Cut 8/31
Total: 9 points

76Texan
2) Arkansas RB Dennis Johnson- Cut 8/30- Signed by Browns 9/1- 4.5 points
3) Ohio State S Orhian Johnson- Cut 8/30
4) Ohio State CB Travis Howard- Cut 8/27
Total: 14.5 points

ObsiWan
3) SMU LB Ja’Gared Davis- Cut 8/27 – signed by NE Patriots- Cut 8/31
4) Texas A&M WR Uzoma Nwachukwu- Cut 8/30- PS’d 9/1- 3.5 points
5) Pittsburgh RB Ray Graham- Cut 8/27- PS’d 9/2 3 points
Total: 16.5 points

beerlover
2) Ohio State CB Travis Howard- Cut 8/27
3) Pittsburgh RB Ray Graham- Cut 8/27- PS’d 9/2- 4 points
4) Cincy RB George Winn- Cut 5/15
5) Kansas State LB Justin Tuggle- 6 points

AngryNateFTW
4) Kansas State QB Collin Klein- Not offered contract
5) SMU LB Ja’Gared Davis- Cut 8/27- signed by NE Patriots- Cut 8/31
Old 09-02-2013   #70
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good jobs, guys.
Congratulations.
Old 09-02-2013   #71
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty darn good predictions, folks.

Quote:
5) Georgia WR Marlon Brown
Watch Marlon Brown... on the verge of replacing Jacoby Jones as a starter in Baltimore.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #72
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Watch Marlon Brown... on the verge of replacing Jacoby Jones as a starter in Baltimore.
A couple of us had him down... I am not surprised at all. I am disappointed that I don't get points for him though. Does anyone know why he left our rookie camp?
Old 09-02-2013   #73
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #74
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Does anyone know why he left our rookie camp?
Saw the numbers weren't in his favor, and the Ravens WRs behind Torrey pretty much sucked. Smart, quick decision on his part.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013   #75
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Saw the numbers weren't in his favor, and the Ravens WRs behind Torrey pretty much sucked. Smart, quick decision on his part.
Yep, I had this guy as a sleeper. Big, Tall, Fast, good hands only thing wrong was he's been injury prone. I would've liked to have seen Brown or EZ over Martin.

Martin isn't strong enough for the NFL game. In fact most Big 10 WR's cant beat the jam at the LOS.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013   #76
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm impressed, with all y'all...... good job guys.
Old 09-03-2013   #77
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You're just too kink TK. I was just a 9'r. But I had some good company!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013   #78
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Thanks TK,

It's just the draftnik in me.

I'm glad to see that Starling was picked up by the Giants and put on their PS. He has the ability to help the Giants later on in the season.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013   #79
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Same here.
And if I had time to watch the other guys, I would have at least put a claim on Bouye.
I predicted that he had a good chance to beat out Carmichael for the job (May 17).
In a brief conversation with a visiting Ravens fan, I did agree with him that Boren should be worthy of a PS spot; something I reiterated to Seminole later.

I didn't get to watch many of the other guys until later; otherwise, I would have put another guy or two above the bottom three that I had to select before the deadline.
Old 09-04-2013   #80
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I didn't see Wood having a chance against Johnson based on their college careers at RB, but that was clearly not the case.
Dennis Johnson 2012: 137 for 757 avg 5.5 8 TDs
Cierre Wood 2012 114 for 742 avg 6.5 4 TDs

DJ 2011: 106 for 670 avg 6.3 3 TDs
CW 2011: 217 for 1102 avg 5.1 9 TDs

DJ 2010: 9 for 83 avg 9.2 1 TD
CW 2010 119 for 603 avg 5.1 3 TDs

You did not see Wood having a chance?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read