Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-30-2013   #41
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tebow released by the Jets

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...-for-Tim-Tebow

Houston mentioned as a good fit
Old 04-30-2013   #42
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Dear God you mean I have to listen to Skip Bayless going on about how Tebow is the greatest athlete in the history of mankind?
No.
You don't.
Put some fresh, new batteries in your remote and change the channel.
You can switch over to NFLN where they are broadcasting Manti Te'o coverage
...constantly
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013   #43
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I care as much about Tebow being cut as I do that basketball player coming out of the closet .... None.

Have a good day.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013   #44
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Tebow has received and offer from....

The Omaha Beef, and indoor football team. Contract details are sketchy but it appears he will receive $75 per game if he accepts the offer.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...tebow-contract

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013   #45
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 12954 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Tebow has received and offer from....

The Omaha Beef, and indoor football team. Contract details are sketchy but it appears he will receive $75 per game if he accepts the offer.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...tebow-contract
All I can say is , wow!
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013   #46
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
If he goes to the Cowboys I'll paint their stadium in red and white stripes myself.
I'll even let you use my striper.
Old 04-30-2013   #47
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Edit: Post removed.
I don't have the heart to screw with Tebow any more than he has been already.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-30-2013   #48
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

The sad thing about all this is the guy really could play in the NFL ..............................if he was willing to change his position to TE...he's that kind of athlete to where he could pull it off.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I hope someone gives him a shot. A real shot. Rex had something personal against the kid & was never going to give him a real opportunity.

He might not have been an All-Pro in Denver, but he did enough to win, which is more than Blain Gabbert, or whoever was throwing the ball in KC, or Cleveland.

Or even Phillip Rivers..... No doubt Rivers is a much better QB, but he's not winning & winning is what it's all about.
Old 04-30-2013   #50
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I hope someone gives him a shot. A real shot. Rex had something personal against the kid & was never going to give him a real opportunity.

He might not have been an All-Pro in Denver, but he did enough to win, which is more than Blain Gabbert, or whoever was throwing the ball in KC, or Cleveland.

Or even Phillip Rivers..... No doubt Rivers is a much better QB, but he's not winning & winning is what it's all about.
I think more of the credit for that needs to go to John Fox and Mike McCoy. They were smart enough to realize exactly what they needed to do to make Tebow successful. They re-designed their offense to highlight the things that Tebow could do and they put him in situations to win.

I don't blame Rex for not doing the same thing. I blame Sparano for not being creative enough. I think Rex expected Sparano to figure out ways to use Tebow and fit him into the offense and Sparano was not up to the task.

But if you're going to bring Tebow in to be your #1 QB, then you've got to create your offense around what he can and can't do. Like the Broncos did. And you've got to devote yourself to that kind of offense (something the Broncos refused to do.) You've got to get someone like a Collin Klein to be his backup. You've got to have a ocuple of QBs that have the same type of skill set.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
But if you're going to bring Tebow in to be your #1 QB, then you've got to create your offense around what he can and can't do. Like the Broncos did. And you've got to devote yourself to that kind of offense (something the Broncos refused to do.) You've got to get someone like a Collin Klein to be his backup. You've got to have a ocuple of QBs that have the same type of skill set.
Eh..... I would imagine Tebow could beat out Blain Gabbert, Brady Quin, and maybe even John Skelton. All these guys started at least one game in 2012. There's some bad QB'ng out there.

There's going to be some rookie that will be forced into starting in 2013 & imo, they're not helping these kids out (if they aren't ready to start, if they're ready, they're ready).

Tebow wants to be a QB, let him be a QB. If they don't win, they don't win & Tebow will be forgotten like the hundreds of QBs that don't make it every year. All the while, groom your future starter, whether it be Geno Smith, or Ej Manuel.

Tyler Wilson will probably be asked to win a game or two in 2013...
Old 05-01-2013   #52
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

He was offered a job...

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/29/tim-te...terback-coach/

Teaching a bunch of busty chicks in lingerie how to throw a football. My leaves me to ask...who the hell's gonna teach him to throw FIRST?!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013   #53
Coolhandsluke2
Rookie

Rep Power: 5067 Coolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Omaha Beef offers Tim Tebow a contract - will pay him $75 a game

OMAHA, Neb. -- The Omaha Beef have a job waiting for Tim Tebow if he wants it -- and the Nebraska indoor football team will even pay him $75 a game.

A day after Tebow was cut by the New York Jets, the Beef called the office of Tebow agent Jimmy Sexton to offer a standard player contract.

O lawdy from the Official Omaha Beef Football webpage

http://www.beeffootball.com/

Lmao 40% of the voters don't even want Tebow
Coolhandsluke2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013   #54
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

If Tebow wants to play in the Not For Long league, he needs to consider being a TE/HB for some team and get over himself.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013   #55
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhandsluke2 View Post
Lmao 40% of the voters don't even want Tebow
The funny thing was when their QB McNear (something like 25 TD's and 3 INT's on the season) was asked about Tebow coming he said something akin to "that's great, I'm sure there are lots of things I can teach him about being a QB."
Old 05-01-2013   #56
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
If Tebow wants to play in the Not For Long league, he needs to consider being a TE/HB for some team and get over himself.
He really could be an excellent James Casey type of player. Maybe a few months on the free agent list will soften him up. I think Colin Klein made the switch because no one wanted to draft him as a QB. I think Tebow will need the same sort of realization before he makes that decision.
Old 05-01-2013   #57
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
He really could be an excellent James Casey type of player. Maybe a few months on the free agent list will soften him up. I think Colin Klein made the switch because no one wanted to draft him as a QB. I think Tebow will need the same sort of realization before he makes that decision.
Klein made a switch? Last I saw he was brought in as a QB.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013   #58
Coolhandsluke2
Rookie

Rep Power: 5067 Coolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhandsluke2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The funny thing was when their QB McNear (something like 25 TD's and 3 INT's on the season) was asked about Tebow coming he said something akin to "that's great, I'm sure there are lots of things I can teach him about being a QB."
Yep forgot to include that, here's the quote.

The Beef's quarterback, James McNear, has led the team to a 5-1 start. He's completing 70 percent of his passes and has thrown for 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions.

McNear is anything but insulted by the Beef's wooing of Tebow.

"I think Tim can learn a lot from me," McNear said.
Coolhandsluke2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013   #59
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as that praying turd doesn't end up in a Houston uniform, I don't care. Gawd, I am so sick of his name. He has replaced Farve on my all time list of names I wish I could forget and never hear again.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013   #60
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Eh..... I would imagine Tebow could beat out Blain Gabbert, Brady Quin, and maybe even John Skelton. All these guys started at least one game in 2012. There's some bad QB'ng out there.

There's going to be some rookie that will be forced into starting in 2013 & imo, they're not helping these kids out (if they aren't ready to start, if they're ready, they're ready).

Tebow wants to be a QB, let him be a QB. If they don't win, they don't win & Tebow will be forgotten like the hundreds of QBs that don't make it every year. All the while, groom your future starter, whether it be Geno Smith, or Ej Manuel.

Tyler Wilson will probably be asked to win a game or two in 2013...
I always got the impression that Elway/Fox put Tebow in to tank the season after it looked like the playoffs were a no-go. Instead Tebow went all "Springtime for Hitler" on them.

I know the common theory (from Tebow lovers) as to why Rex never put Tebow in was because he thought that the Jets might start winning, making him look bad for supporting Sanchez.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read