Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-26-2013   #1
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 3rd Round- Brennan Willliams

Added to OL
Old 04-26-2013   #2
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85187 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd Round- Brennan Willliams

Great pick. Dude will be starting sooner rather than later.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Big need with Newton coming off injury and only Gardner & Ryan Harris on the roster at ths position. May start from day one at RT.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #4
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Newton had the potential, but his durability made right tackle a position of need again.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #5
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Love when we go with picks for the trenches.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #6
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it. I have had the chance to watch alot of North Carolina for the past 5 or so years, I probably have seen more of Brennan Williams then the other RT prospects outside of Menelik Watson. I feel confident that he can push Newton for the starting position in training camp.

I really like our draft so far.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

610 says he suffered a torn labrum last October. Anyone know how this could affect him?
Old 04-26-2013   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

First three articles I've read on him picked him to be a 3rd to 5th round choice. A good future, but needs some work. I was hoping for a bit more, but I always like taking linemen. I'll just have to trust Smithiak on this one for the time being.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #9
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

He is on 610 right now. Played with T.J. Yates. Said played a lot of zone schemes in the offense.
Old 04-26-2013   #10
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
First three articles I've read on him picked him to be a 3rd to 5th round choice. A good future, but needs some work. I was hoping for a bit more, but I always like taking linemen. I'll just have to trust Smithiak on this one for the time being.
Really? The first 3 I read all saw him as a second day prospect, possibly a second rounder - the injury hurt his stock and he is still a little raw, but lots of upside and great run blocker...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #11
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree, as I was hoping for Jesse Williams or David Bakhtiari, bu I will agree with you and trust the plan.
Old 04-26-2013   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Father Brent Williams played 11 years in the NFL
Old 04-26-2013   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Really? The first 3 I read all saw him as a second day prospect, possibly a second rounder - the injury hurt his stock and he is still a little raw, but lots of upside and great run blocker...
Thats probably what got him drafted here because Newton was .... not very good run blocking. He was very solid in pass protection but run blocking .... well below average.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
LOL. How many articles on these players do you suppose there are? Like all draft choices, we'll just have to wait on them anyway, so our opinions tonight are just talk.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

9. BRENNAN WILLIAMS | North Carolina 6055|318 lbs|4SR West Roxbury, MA (Catholic Memorial) 2/5/1991 (age 22) #73

2012: (8/8) (RT) PROJECTION: 3rd Round
2011: (13/13) (RT) MEASUREABLES: 6055 | 318 | 34” | 10 1-2" | 81 1-8”
2010: (10/0) (OT) PRO DAY: 5.27 40-YD DASH | 1.81 10-YD | 28.5” V | 8-5 BJ | 8.08 3C | 4.88 SS
2009: (6/1) (RT)

STRENGTHS: Very good frame and length with natural bend to stay flexible in space…plays with a wide frame with better footwork than expected…good quickness off the snap and does a nice job with his lower body to stay controlled and mirror in space…aggressive hands and looks to bully defenders, flashing an intense mean streak…pulls well and is physical on the move…intense demeanor and looks to finish through the whistle…good bloodlines, son of an 8-year NFL vet…22 career starts.

WEAKNESSES: Will struggle with speed off the edge…needs to stay disciplined, too often caught lunging with him ending up on the ground…waist bender and heavy kickslide, not always bursting off the snap…extends well but doesn’t consistently deliver a jolt at the POA…heavy handed which causes holds and placement needs work, too often hugging defenders…usually good eye discipline, but needs to stay patient…missed second half of 2012 with torn labrum in his left shoulder.

SUMMARY: Son of an 8-year NFL DE who played for three teams…looks the part with a wide base and ideal frame and length for right tackle…lighter feet than expected, but lumbers in his kickslide and will struggle with speed rushers…lateral quickness isn’t great, but covers a large area with his wide base…strong hands, but streaky placement and has the bad habit of grabbing when beat…needs to prove shoulder is 100% healthy, but has the tools to fight for a starting RT job in the NFL.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this is a really good pick. He'll fit in to what we want to do quicker than most guys. He'll be getting a lot of snaps in the off-season with Newton injured and he could be our Day 1 starter.

When I was looking over the Tackles, I didn't notice he was from North Carolina so I was thinking Quessenberry. But when I saw Williams was from NC, I was like "Well... duh!"
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279 View Post
610 says he suffered a torn labrum last October. Anyone know how this could affect him?
Should be fine as long as he stays away from the doctor who worked on Tony Boselli's shoulder.
Old 04-27-2013   #18
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL. How many articles on these players do you suppose there are? Like all draft choices, we'll just have to wait on them anyway, so our opinions tonight are just talk.
So why did you even make your first comment?

I saw a tweet from Bucky Brooks saying he was one of the best OT prospects prior to the injury.
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #19
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

Highlight vid his dad posted on his twitter:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2517424/highlights/47379376

Apparently, this guy is nasty on the field, and nerdy off it. Prolly be a fan favorite based on his tweets alone.

https://twitter.com/GREATBLACKOTAKU
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #20
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8094 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

haha he is posting on /sp/ right now
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read